my hand just wouldnt go fast enough
and that three pages was total shit tooo
i did like what one quote from each text hahaha
meh oh well

paper two will be harder

tkinnear

lalala..
HSC
Is it really only 2 poems for Skrzynecki? Our teacher told us 3!!
My essay went:

Crossing the Red Sea
Migrant Hostel
Text 7 (stimulus)
Immigrants at Central Station
Related text

For Question 2 I wrote an interview between a couple had returned from a sail around the world and their differing experiences like "what was your most memorable moment", "time you felt like turning back" etc and of course they had different opinions on the journey...how cliche! Lol oh well..

Also, for Question 1(a), I wrote the symbolism of the road as a metaphor for a journey...!?

I hope I did OK, I never normally finish english exams but this time I finished with about 2 minutes to go and a total of 14 pages of writing...

Fingers crossed!!

jannny

HSC
Anyone did IPT CSSA today?

It was easier than what I expected. The last bit was so funny haha, Good thing its only a "maths type question", which really saved my right hand. I got 600 megs btw, on the last one.

fuck my hands were so exhausted.

omegaguy

HSC
worst question. i was up shit creek without a bloody canoe with a strong current pulling me out to sea on the creative writing thing:burn:

jannny

HSC
Cmon magpam, stop saying "depreciative comments about yourself",

depreciative comments yea that was one of my techniques I used in the ESL paper 1.

Not all asian works hard ..

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
jannny said:
Anyone did IPT CSSA today?

It was easier than what I expected. The last bit was so funny haha, Good thing its only a "maths type question", which really saved my right hand. I got 600 megs btw, on the last one.

fuck my hands were so exhausted.
Yep. Easiest exam I've ever done. I wish that was the HSC.
& yeah I got 600 MB for the last question too. People in my class were telling me they got like 7.1 GB or soemthing? I was like wtf.. I trusted myself though because I did MMS and TPS first.

But yeah, IPT was piss easy.

bassguy

HSC
That English trial was pretty good. I'm pretty sure I nailed it.
Section 2 was rad because I'd done my major Ext History work on basically a more complex version of that question as it applied to Che Guevara. So I just dumbed that essay down and put it in as an article or something.
Texts for Section 3:
Skrzynecki (cuntface): Leaving Home, Immigrants at Central Station, Crossing the Red Sea
Apollo 13
Road Not Taken, except not the normal happy reading

Mandatory SOR tomorrow...but who gives a shit. I'm putting in one study session and half of it has been on this thread

ryn101

HSC
I found it very hard to write a sufficient amount of pages for each section in the allocated time. Section 1 was like a little under two pages. Section two was the same. And section 3 was only 3 and a bit. I really need some essay prac.

I also used the road as a symbol, something about it being almost like a guidance on which direction to take.

darksouljah

HSC
ahh.. damit.. stufed the last question

what did you guys discuss in the section III?

Beege

HSC
Martyno1 said:
Yep. Easiest exam I've ever done. I wish that was the HSC.
& yeah I got 600 MB for the last question too. People in my class were telling me they got like 7.1 GB or soemthing? I was like wtf.. I trusted myself though because I did MMS and TPS first.

But yeah, IPT was piss easy.
how on earth did u find out the size without a calculator omg! All I did was show the working.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Beege said:
how on earth did u find out the size without a calculator omg! All I did was show the working.
Instead of using 1024, I used 1000.. then I wrote "about 600mb" at the end. Our teacher said that was okay.

ryn101

HSC
darksouljah said:
what did you guys discuss in the section III?
Viewpoints:

-Journeys allow the overcoming of obstacles
-Allow exploration
-allow discovery
-involve hardships

That in any way alright?

Beege

HSC
Martyno1 said:
Instead of using 1024, I used 1000.. then I wrote "about 600mb" at the end. Our teacher said that was okay.
looks like I lost probably two marks :mad1:

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i spoke of hte various viewpoints towards journeys
-negative and positive
-which is influenced by their ability to occupy a perservering mindset and to remain receptive towards the new, because those who cannot endure the obstacles will view the journey in a negative and less appealing way, whereas those who could endure were able to not only obtain the blessings but view the journey positively

amyg238

HSC
I don't think I'll do well in Section II. I already had this story about a hobo planned, but it didn't have anything to do with different perspectives. I used it anyway, cos I was running out of time.

Section I, a) i wrote the hand waving, symbolising something about the end or the embarking of a journey...is that entirely wrong?

I'm pretty screwed for Paper II though, trying to write a King Lear essay write now - I can't come up with a first sentence, let alone remember different interpretations/productions.

amyg238

HSC
Ive found past Catholic maths papers really hard, but the English ones seem about the same. In my opinion anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)