Catholic Trial Papers (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If our school decides they want to use the Catholic trial paper does that mean any other school using is will have the exact same exam ? or are there specifically different ones that schools request them to make.

If so would that mean the schools using it will have to have their trial exams at the exact same time ?

kini mini

HSC
They are all the same, and I think that schools are only allowed to hold exams after a certain time - so a lot will just do it on the nominated day to cut down on cheating. See my website for examples.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yeah i have taken every trial from ur webspace and printed it out already :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
lol catholic trials are so hard :(

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
yeah i have taken every trial from ur webspace and printed it out already :)
Ah ok, some updates on the way :)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I heard Catholic trial papers for anything are really hard and that if u can do them then u can do n e thing ?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
its very different because it varies from how much a person knows to judge it as hard.

but usually most people say its harder. at least its good prac for the HSC

craz

HSC
Catholic trials aren't that bad! I've tried them and HSC exam papers, they are remarkably similar. Catholic trials differ from year to year but I think the papers are the same to whatever school they go to.

JUB JUB

HSC
trial papers

hey does anyone know where i can get any biology or english adv catholic trial papers from last year?
thanx

craz

HSC
We get ours from the school library, but ask your teacher's they'll know where to find them otherwise try your local library or ask some other people who have done it before.

kini mini

HSC
The English ones are on my page, go directly or through the main English index :).

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
anyone got the 2002 physics catholic trial paper ? i really need it

losty

why is there catholic and non-catholic?
there should just a few to choose from no matter what school u go to...

plus apparently riverside girls high school has already done thier trials... whats with that???

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by chocolate fairy
'pparently the CSSA papers are the hardest
Having done one hell of a lot of papers last year, I'd say that they're all mostly the same. If you were randomly given a section from each paper you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Of course there are exceptions, IIRC Sydney Girls chem lost the plot last year, and some organisations like Neap set their questions and answers more carefully - but by and large you will see little variation in trials from the big few like Independent, CSSA, Neap, Ruse and Grammar.

BTW the CSSA Powerplay question last year was ridiculous.

craz

HSC
I think everyone does their trials at a different time. I mean mine are in August. The Catholic trials are not that bad, I've done them and the HSC ones and they are almost the same.

malayz_angel

My trials are in August too, I haven't seen or done any of the Catholic Trials yet though. We're definitely doing what they are though, because we just got a draft timetable today and some ppl attempted 2 complain cos bio and modern history were on the same day (both three hour long exams.) However they can't be changed because we have to do them on the same day as the Catholic Trials, so that no one can swap papers between schools, or something...

craz

HSC
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't think I have to do the Catholic Trials here, we have like school trials and our teachers use the Catholic Trials to help them out a bit. The Catholic Trials are like our revision homework before the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)