Catholic trials 2006. how r they? (1 Viewer)

bboyelement

HSC
holy cr*p are you guys kidding me ... seriously everyone at our school is expected to write 8 pages each module ... and some writes like 12 in 45 minutes dont know how they managed that but

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
kimmyd said:
hey just a word of advice for the hand cramping, i f u attach a rubber or any object wit sum weight to the end of ur pen and study wit it ull build up 2 muscle in ur hand and wen u take it off and write normally 4 the exams ur hand wont cramp, it helps heaps, i worte 18 pages for english 2day witout a cramp, usually it would have fully cramped afta 4,
good luck to everyone
believe me it works
god bless
lol it sounds funny but it I think it might actually work.

but won't it be embarrassing :-/

random_princess

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Not really except for the conflict in Europe Q.
well our teacher is taking our peace n conflict question out because we havent done enough but we have to do both essays for nationality POO

which nationality r u studing and who is ur personality

random_princess

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
ancient history, buisness studies, legal studies, studies of religion and english [standard]
i dropped maths cos i hate numbers then i find out that we're doin FP + M in buisness
and buisness trial worth 40% in my skol im totally screwed:(

what options in legal are you studing ??

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
random_princess said:
well our teacher is taking our peace n conflict question out because we havent done enough but we have to do both essays for nationality POO

which nationality r u studing and who is ur personality
Germany and Leni. God, i hate Leni, she's so annoying.
Our class hasn't finished conflict in Europe either. So our teacher is just making a question based on what we have learnt - most likely appeasement.

justquietlyjess

HSC
ahhh 4 down, 5 to go... has anyone got as many exams as i do? so far had.. 2 eng papers, sor and chem prac.

so proud of my english paper one.. like 18 pages in total :O

sor wasnt as hard as i thought considering i havnt listened in class all year.. i didnt even know we did a second module lol

english paper 2 was okies.. but wrote hps too much on frontline and gwenny, didnt really leave much time for clueless/emma (managed to power out 4 pages in the last 30 mins lol :p)

chem prac can go die.. think i did ok but my teacher is clueless

meanwhile im procrastinating for chem study.. actually came on to see if there were any ancient history notes for me as this weekend will be packed with math/math ext study agghhhhh.. its gonna suck! okies im ranting on so ill be off :p

celery

HSC
Our school changed the question for section 3 on paper 1, which was reallly good because that question on the paper was SO broad! and i think i fkd up my creative story because i forgot to LINK IT TO THOSE STIMULUS PICTURES/QUOTES! *cries* oh well.

paper 2 i thought was good, except for powerplay! wtf i didn't get the question. i just dumped in the keywords here and there haha. hope i did all right...but my hand was dead after that....

SOR was all right, teacher changed the last section again because we havent finished the topic yet...

DT was so...BLEH...our teacher strongly emphasised that evaluation was going to be on it but i didn't see anything about evaluation on it!

Music aural paper...i suck at aural so fullstop at that.

Now i only have 2u maths and ext maths to go! weeee!

xx__savannah

HSC
Tim035 said:
I also had this awesome idea in the exam, what if they broke it up into 40 minute sections. Like at the end of each 40 minutes its 'pens down' for 5 minutes, giving you time to recooperate and organise ur thoughts for the next essay.

God, I'd kill myself if they did that, lol. I went in to Paper 2 today only knowing my Truth essay, so I spent an hour on it, but it was too cold I couldn't feel my fingers so I couldn't write fast, so I got 4 pages done in that time... :\ I gave up 3/4 of the way through Hamlet/R&G to start Cloudstreet, only wrote about 2 pages, but I'm not fussed, I've given up caring, as unhealthy as that sounds.

IPT shouldn't be too bad tomorrow, hopefully... Chem will suck. I've resigned myself to a low mark there, then it's just Gen Maths left. If you ignore Chem, I have my two potentially best exams left :)

Birdman89

HSC
majorly failed modules...
im now regretting how quickly we rush through the In The Wild topic...
i thought frontline was alright... shakespeare sucked majorly

few ppl from my school did dnt exam 2day... they also said it was pretty hard and had to resort to just making alot of it up... then they got let out 20 mins early cos they all finished and couldn't think of nefin else to try and get them some marks.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
So far, I have done the Economics, Religion and English CSSA trials. Overall, I thought that the questions were fairly easy. I still failed because I'm a frigon stupid idiot, but the questions were ordinary. Anyone with half a brain should be able to pass them.
I DID NOT PASS English Paper 1. First of all, my creative writing is shitehouse. I could not make up a story to save my life, even though it was like the easiest creative writing question in the bloody world. Secondly, I couldn't remember any of my notes on Physical Journeys. I forgot all my quotes from the Skrzynecki poems and I couldn't remember specific examples used in my own texts. All I can say is THANK GOD for "the road not taken". Robert Frost is a legend for writing such a short and easy poem to remember.
Economics is my kryptonite, and religion is my strength. They were on my second day (we all do the catholic timetable don't we?). I studied a bit for religion the week before, and read over stuff on monday night, but I decided to go over the 70 pages of notes I had written for economics, as it was the morning exam. But,
I almost had what I would consider to be the biggest breakdown of my life that morning. I have never been that nervous, stressed or panicky about an exam before. I had read through everything and my head wasn't keeping it in. I got into the exam and wanted to die...I had read info on EVERY single question in that paper and I still couldn't answer the questions properly. I was absolutely devastated about it, despite the fact it was a lot easier than I expected. Economics is the subject I try hardest at, and is the subject that I most want to go well in, and my marks have been consistently sliding.
So anywho's, that afternoon was the religion essay and I was so upset about economics that I didn't bother to read over my religion notes. I was ranked 4th in the grade for religion, my rank will probably go down to 30th or something. And my teacher even said that I would get a band 6...how wrong she was... But it's not like it was a hard paper though. Pretty standard in my opinion.
I'm not sure about English Paper 2... I didn't study for it apart from reading over essays and assignments from the year, and I didn't even do that properly because English doesn't count at all towards my assessment, but I didn't find it that difficult. I didn't realise I needed 2 supplementary texts for Module C though!!! And my time management is awful. Despite not knowing what I was talking about, I wrote nearly 7 pages for module a and it took me an hour!! Aaarrgghh, that's when I started to panic. Module B, which is the one I'm best at, only took me 35 minutes and I wrote probably 5 and a bit pages. Module C, which I left last because of the not enough texts issue, was not completed. I wrote nearly 4 pages on it and I didn't really answer the question. I just couldn't be bothered. the room was hot and I felt sleepy... so, yeah, um...the questions were alot easier than I thought for all of english, but paper 2 was especially easy (that's my opinion though, I'm just better at them than I am at bloody "Journeys").

Last edited:

buttaflai

HSC
shamila said:
hey guys do all of the catholic school do catholic trail paper or public.
and what was the creative writing task questioned on?

thanks in advance
not all catholic schools do the catholic paper... as i've mentioned previously some catholic schools may modify the catholic trial to fit in with what tthe students have/have not learnt.. thought the expectation is that catholic schools do the catholic trial without modification.. it's not always the case... some catholic schools may choose to do other independant trials or even write their own...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

as for reader/writers... no u r not disadvantaged for having a reader/writer... if anything ur advantaged... due to the extra time... but it does sometimes disadvantage u as u have to dictate your answers and make corrections along the way etc etc... i don't think they'd give u a reader/writer on the basis of ur illegible handwriting... only if you are truly disadvantaged...

G.J.I said:
yeah i forgot to put a title for my creative story, real shame =[ can someone tell me what the poem is about and the techniques for it .. i seriously didn't get it .. is he dead or in a dream lol
well the poem was about him reaching mid-life... so goin through a mid-life crisis... it starts off using the road metaphor... "midway through the road of life" or so... this is from memory... and moves on into an inner journey... because the poem is so abstract.. it qualifies as an imaginary journey as well... but the main idea is that it's an inner jounrey and he's reflecting back on his life thus far... i'll evaluate on that after i get the question booklet back... can't do much from memory...

=======================================================
standard english
maths
chemistry
physics
biology
1 u sor
legal studies..

Last edited by a moderator:

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
So far, I have done the Economics, Religion and English CSSA trials. Overall, I thought that the questions were fairly easy. I still failed because I'm a frigon stupid idiot, but the questions were ordinary. Anyone with half a brain should be able to pass them.
I DID NOT PASS English Paper 1. First of all, my creative writing is shitehouse. I could not make up a story to save my life, even though it was like the easiest creative writing question in the bloody world. Secondly, I couldn't remember any of my notes on Physical Journeys. I forgot all my quotes from the Skrzynecki poems and I couldn't remember specific examples used in my own texts. All I can say is THANK GOD for "the road not taken". Robert Frost is a legend for writing such a short and easy poem to remember.
Economics is my kryptonite, and religion is my strength. They were on my second day (we all do the catholic timetable don't we?). I studied a bit for religion the week before, and read over stuff on monday night, but I decided to go over the 70 pages of notes I had written for economics, as it was the morning exam. But,
I almost had what I would consider to be the biggest breakdown of my life that morning. I have never been that nervous, stressed or panicky about an exam before. I had read through everything and my head wasn't keeping it in. I got into the exam and wanted to die...I had read info on EVERY single question in that paper and I still couldn't answer the questions properly. I was absolutely devastated about it, despite the fact it was a lot easier than I expected. Economics is the subject I try hardest at, and is the subject that I most want to go well in, and my marks have been consistently sliding.
So anywho's, that afternoon was the religion essay and I was so upset about economics that I didn't bother to read over my religion notes. I was ranked 4th in the grade for religion, my rank will probably go down to 30th or something. And my teacher even said that I would get a band 6...how wrong she was... But it's not like it was a hard paper though. Pretty standard in my opinion.
I'm not sure about English Paper 2... I didn't study for it apart from reading over essays and assignments from the year, and I didn't even do that properly because English doesn't count at all towards my assessment, but I didn't find it that difficult. I didn't realise I needed 2 supplementary texts for Module C though!!! And my time management is awful. Despite not knowing what I was talking about, I wrote nearly 7 pages for module a and it took me an hour!! Aaarrgghh, that's when I started to panic. Module B, which is the one I'm best at, only took me 35 minutes and I wrote probably 5 and a bit pages. Module C, which I left last because of the not enough texts issue, was not completed. I wrote nearly 4 pages on it and I didn't really answer the question. I just couldn't be bothered. the room was hot and I felt sleepy... so, yeah, um...the questions were alot easier than I thought for all of english, but paper 2 was especially easy (that's my opinion though, I'm just better at them than I am at bloody "Journeys").
lol you're still in the mood of writing essays

JhK89

HSC
omg first part for standard we didnt even learn that how the hell r we meant to no!!!!

s2indie

HSC
Ooooh yes, my first free night, sorta.

Monday's Paper 1 was pretty easy, open questions and no real adaptation of my creative or essays was necessary.

Tuesday's Economics was also easy, we all finished with an hour to spare, going to the bathroom, re-reading and re-re-reading our MC, SA and ERs. And SOR1, haha didn't even study and still found it easy.

Wednesday (Today) - Paper 2. I died in Module B, should've done that first and not last. It was a horrific morning - transport and the stupid marker for the whiteboard wasn't dark enough - making me sit there trying to read whether the exam finished at 10.54 or 10.59.

4 exams completed, 3 to go. :D

sweetn1kk1

HSC
OMG..i thought the science one was really easy..i was actually surprised hehe...i only didn't know one thing...what the hell is kevlar haha, i hate the chosen topic polymers

sweetn1kk1

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:

lol geez,...sorry to be rude bt i didn't read a word of that.....we all have enough essays to read...save yourself for the exams :haha:

wicked_65

HSC
ipt all up was not 2 bad. wrote something like 14 pages all up

multiple choice was okay except for one retarted qs which i left till the end of the test to do

qs 21-24 (core topics) was not too bad. I spent too much time on qs 21. Wrote something like a page for 3 mark qs. Ohh yeh and there was one data flow diagram that wasn't even a data flow diagram. Qs 24 was bout networks and i kinda stuffed it up (prolly like 4 or 5 out of 10). I knew i shouldve done more study on networks

qs 25 TPS - this option was okay except for the last qs. The bloody ACID test. Is that even in the syllabus?!?! I had the ACID test in my notes but I purposely didnt read it cause i thought it wasnt on the syllabus and i thought it wouldn't show up (but guess wot it did!!)

qs 28 Multimedia - this option was fairly stock standard except for the last qs on emerging technologies. Kinda made up a bullshit answer about convergent technology.

im hoping for 70%+ in that test

Last edited:

h2cker

HSC
IPT was so easy today. Even if you were someone that didnt study, it was simple. Multiple Choice was easier than the HSC papers ive studied off, and Q21-24(core) were pretty simple, i didnt know one term. Q25-28 I did TPS(Easy) and Multimedia was really easy aswell. Alot of people in my exam did all 4 option topics =P and they all finished within a hour :S I finished with about 5 minutes to go, read over and yeah pretty easy. Software looks FUUUUUCKEd tho :( Both English papers were really straight forward and easy, religion was basic(year 10 history at some points ;P). Not looking foward to Math/Software Next week, oh and that last Ext.Eng exam on the monday.. everyone gets to finish early :(.

These trials overall seem really easy, i thought they were harder than the hsc? CSAA aint to bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)