• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
imhere4themusic said:
Cheltenham Girls High School did the Catholic Trials a week early.. some information leaked and people went into my exam with prepared essays. Therefore the locals school, of which I am one of, are talking about cancelling our scores and resitting new un-aldulterated exams. Fuck Cheltenham, Fuck you hard. Fuck you who pre-prepared you selfish people. Thank you for making me sit my TWO English exams again. Another four hours of my life gone. Everyone in the state who did the Catholic Trials should be forced to redo it, if I have to, you all have to. Goodbye
This is disgusting! :mad: I cannot believe this happened! Of course people will have to resit the exam! But; is it just schools around your area; I mean legally the Board of Studies cannot prove WHO got leaked info too! Maybe they'll cancel ALL exams that were done under Catholic trial Papers?! :cool:

timmay05

HSC
imhere4themusic said:
Hey I have an idea of how we can turn this situation into something potentially hilarious. I am told channel 7 has an address where you can suggest stories for them to cover. I propose for as many people as possible to email them and tell them about this, only!!.. Though don't be malicious. Let's make it sensational!! Let's turn it into something we can use for Frontline!! Suggestions are crying about the resit of tests, exagerrating the situation and seeing if they can tie it into some terrorist plot.. Though DO NOT accuse Cheltenham Girls.. It is not the girls fault. They are innocent. It still remains to be seen if the teachers did the exact right thing though, seriously, they deserve the consequences if all these accusations are correct. No responsible adult can be that irresponsible. Sorry girls but true..

So lets do it! Email channel 7 and get this on the news!

dude... i already spoken to people and its being investigated, spoke to them 2 days ago, and yesterday...

timmay05

HSC
by that i mean I have already spoken to a newspaper... and they were interested - this was before other schools other than NSB and Normanhurst were affected...

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
timmay05 said:
by that i mean I have already spoken to a newspaper... and they were interested - this was before other schools other than NSB and Normanhurst were affected...
Good.. But channel 7 would be funnier to see. Trust me.

timmay05

HSC
Yeh, well, papers don't want the story if you give it to other places as well...

But, yeh definently has to get on to ACA

Then we all have to complain to media watch that the lied somewhere

Then we can use that as an additional text :D

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC

Crofty88

HSC
damn this has blown way out of proportion - but its fuckin awesome :cool:

jessied

HSC
Crofty88 said:
damn this has blown way out of proportion - but its fuckin awesome :cool:
hahaha i fully agree... i live like 700k's from the action and its making my trails that more exciting

Crofty88

HSC
... hmmm... i wish some school leaked out info on the maths test... yes... that would be the best thing in the world right now... :rolleyes: haha

timmay05

HSC
HAHA

Well what else was I meant to do in my exams!!!???

I need something "fun" to do... so why not speak to the paper?

timmay05

HSC
summernguyen said:
ok ok ok. some people need to learn how to spell. it's not principle. it's principal. get it right.

It is people like you who steal the fun out of life :'(

You are probably the type that wouldn't recognise a solecism if it came up and slapped you in the face (although I would be 99.9999% sure theres wasnt one)... In fact, chances are most of you wouldn't recognise one, hmm my teachers didn't know what on earth I was on about.

p.s. that wasn't a personal attack!!! Unlike all the ones against the Cheltenham Girls Principal - can't you read? :| hmm... anyway... maybe it's not her fault, but to use the telegraphs favourite word, "allegedly". She is allegedly very stupid!

Last edited:

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Crofty88 said:
... hmmm... i wish some school leaked out info on the maths test... yes... that would be the best thing in the world right now... :rolleyes: haha
agreed!!
i'm trying to figure out wat formulas i dont kno to make cheat notez....
sigh...

Crowie

HSC
N/A
i was speaking with a mate from normo and they hav 2 re do there whole test both of them and one from north sydney, there modules tests where stoped bout 15 minutes into it
im from epping and it looks like we hav 2 do it again
i personally dont care thjat info was leaked so people might get an advantage its just the inconveniance of having 2 do it again.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah has anybody heard anything about this in the papers? I would expect at least a small paragraph story hidden away in the back of some newspaper....

timmay05

HSC
Nothing yet, I'll tell you as soon as I find out about if/when it will be in the SMH

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
The whole idea of repeating a trial sounds disgusting; we were discussing it in our maths tuition class today. I'm lucky that I'm not involved, but my heart goes out to anyone who is tangled in this fiasco (except for the idiotic administration dept who started it)

I can't wait for the media to pick this up. If anybody deserves defamation they do.

schmo

Argh! This is getting way out of hand!! So the slagging of Cheltenham students has been reduced to the bare minimum, but now people are targeting the principal and the head teacher of Cheltenham with words of profanity? Do you guys not think that the upper level management at Cheltenham is being investigated as we speak? I can assure you that neither the Principal or the Head Teacher of English is enjoying their weekend as a result of the BOS and CSSA 'investigation' they don't need immature comments from others to make things worse. Especially when this is all speculation and the facts have not even been expressed. Ok, I understand that this was a major stuff up but they are humans just like me and you and do not deserve to be sweared at, abused or harrassed. No human being deserves that. Everyone makes mistakes and that's just life. If people spent less time taking out their anger on others and did more productive work, maybe re-sitting an exm wouldn't seem such a big deal.
There is no need to attack a school's internal assessment schedule either. The timetables are organised by the schools themselves and so trials are completed at different times for different schools. Cheltenham was not the only school to do their trials early.
Argh, and all this talk about inviting newspapers and tv shows to cover this series of unfortunate events is also unhelpful. Hasn't the 'telling the truth' module taught us anything? for all you know they could turn around and place the blame on some other poor school.
All I am trying to say is that no one deserves to be subjected to countless attacks of profanity, not even teachers who made a major mistake. We are all human, so we should act like it. What was that saying that our mothers kept telling us: "treat others the way you would want to be treated" Listen to your mothers they're always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)