Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmo

Wakaveli said:
Yea I goto Normo.... I rekon its a pretty good decision on the part of the Eng department (lyk the first gd one in two years). Paper one was pretty generalised, but that Mod B question..... you cannot deny that prior knowledge would help.....

BTW, did ppl hear that students at chelto blamed US for the leak? Thats pretty heavy....

That was merely one person's comment. Please do not take that comment as a reflection of the whole Cheltenham student cohort. The majority of us do not blame Normo for the leak. Please understand that that one one person's point of view and opinion and not representative of what ALL Cheltenham girls think or believe.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
schmo723 said:
Thank you for the compliment but I truly believe the Cheltenham staff and students have been treated in a way they do not deserve. I refuse to allow people to hurt the people around me and it annoys me to see the affect that this mistake has had on my friends, my teachers and my principal. I will continue to stress that it was a mistake that should not have happened, but did and we need to learn to accept that. The required courses of actions are taking to investigate the security breach and I think that the price of this error is being paid as we speak. Maybe its the prefect in me, but I cant just sit here and continuously let Cheltenham be attacked over and over again without defending it. I'm just somewhat tired of the blatant attacks...
Everything is a mistake after the adverse consequences are realised.

I kill a man for a million dollars. I feel great until I'm caught and thrown into jail, after which the initial act of murder becomes a mistake. Until then it was a success.

I'm not saying I know what actually happened, I'm just saying the opinion that the staff may have intentionally done what they did in order to avoid having to write their own exam, or something along those lines, is equally as valid as your opinion that it was entirely a terrible mistake, and no-one should be blamed. None of us know excactly what the truth is, so no-one can really say that anyone else is wrong.

schmo

Jayphen said:
Everything is a mistake after the adverse consequences are realised.

I kill a man for a million dollars. I feel great until I'm caught and thrown into jail, after which the initial act of murder becomes a mistake. Until then it was a success.

I'm not saying I know what actually happened, I'm just saying the opinion that the staff may have intentionally done what they did in order to avoid having to write their own exam, or something along those lines, is equally as valid as your opinion that it was entirely a terrible mistake, and no-one should be blamed. None of us know excactly what the truth is, so no-one can really say that anyone else is wrong.
I completely agree with you. We will never know what really happened and so each of us is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. I had no intention of implying that my opinion was more valid than anyone elses and I sincerely apologize if I came accross that way.
However, I personally believe that Cheltenham staff would not intentionally compromise a situation like that and I stand by that. This is merely my point of view.

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
jiwonn said:
so now you KNOW? that people cheated?
very rude. Do you even know me?
to post certain peoples names without even being ascertain with no evidence whatsover, you have no right to post names up.
dude i fucked that test up because i had some major stomach pains, had to go to the toilet <b>TWO</b> times to vent out the gas ;p so fuck that "smug look" bullshit. So get ur facts right before "bashing" someone publically. hey even better why don't you try to confront the person instead of posting their names on an internet forum.

and ahaha gang bashed?
please stop acting like some intellectual know-it-all in ur fantasy world
and get into reality you overweight, unloved piece of shit
try studying for the retest of the english paper instead of trying to prove your point to bunch of unknowns you insecure fuck, you might be one of the few that actually bennefit from this re-testing.
oh and say hello next time at school, so i actually know who you are
fuck face
Haha that's funny man. I wasn't the one who pointed the finger at you in the first place. Though yes, of course I'd be pissed off if I thought it was you.. which I did because various people told me who know you. No I don't know you, and I don't want to. I don't have to confront you, I don't feel the need to. That stuff about getting gang-bashed, you should even know me enough that if it was anyone that whod get bashed it was me. I'm not acting like anyone, sorry but it's true. I'm like this all the time and if you have a problem with how I talk or if you associate me with a type of person when I make comments.. that's fine. I have nothing against you, I don't care what you think. So you think that I didn't do good the first time around, what makes you think that? I guess a sorry wouldn't go far now but for what it's worth I can say that I am. When various people tell you things of course you get manipulated into belieiving them, and if you want proof, I can tell you who told me it was you. I have no problem with saying hi to you at school except I don't think I've spoken one word to you since year 9 and you weren't nice then so why would I expect you to be nice now. How you treat people early in meeting them sticks with them for the rest of their lives. I'm not saying I had a troubled childhood or anything like that but why would I expect you to talk to me and tell me you didn't do it? In the end you get back what you've dished out and this little petty complaint of mine was in a way a little revenge. How can you expect people to take you as innocent until guilty when you make assumptions about my weight and my social standing just through these posts? How do you spell your name? Is it JOHN LEE or JON LE or JOHN LE or JON LEE or JOHN LI or JON LI? I wouldn't know. If you really didn't do anything why are you so defensive. After all you made a point to me that this is jsut an internet forum talking to a bunch of unknowns. Will it damage your reputation?

You're a hypocrite.

P.s I'm sure I did fine in the English exam. :)

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
schmo723 said:
I completely agree with you. We will never know what really happened and so each of us is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. I had no intention of implying that my opinion was more valid than anyone elses and I sincerely apologize if I came accross that way.
However, I personally believe that Cheltenham staff would not intentionally compromise a situation like that and I stand by that. This is merely my point of view.
Right answer. :)
Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with the same level of reasoning skills you possess, so a reaction like this can't be unexpected, much less prevented.

Wakaveli

Happenin Muthafuka
HSC
schmo723 said:
That was merely one person's comment. Please do not take that comment as a reflection of the whole Cheltenham student cohort. The majority of us do not blame Normo for the leak. Please understand that that one one person's point of view and opinion and not representative of what ALL Cheltenham girls think or believe.

Fair enough....

Chickenboy

i swear i cant understand why u stupid chelto chicks just cant take the blame??!!

it was you're genius that told ppl wot the question was when they asked....that is fucken not good enough

end of story

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Chickenboy said:
i swear i cant understand why u stupid chelto chicks just cant take the blame??!!

it was you're genius that told ppl wot the question was when they asked....that is fucken not good enough

end of story
well somebody is ignorant of the facts

jhkinthehouse

imhere4themusic said:
Hey Sean. I think a lot of blame should go to specific Epping Boys and North sydney Boys that I know that cheated. Sean remember John Lee getting up and going out 3 times in the exam and looking all smug? Now you know why.. I wonder if he'd still have that smile on his face when he's getting gang bashed..?? I wouldn't mind finding out..
Nissen + crofty .... is andrew oh .. ok wtf blaming shit on my f*kin mate .. wheres your proof ?? what the toilet shit ?? fuk he couldve been fukin jrekin off, for all you know ! .. u wanna see him bashed .. get f*cked .. done acuse ppl without prrof mate .. CROFT! u wanna say sum shit bout john .. go say it to his face u gutless peice of crap ! u wanna see john get bashd do it yourself u p*ssy shits! im f*kin raged bout accusing my mate .. i swear nxt time i see you u better apologize to him or your tha one whos gonna get F*ckd .. and so what of we do it again.. you can do better yeh ? make sense ?? (sorry if u get cut from this sh*t, but u shuldnt point any fingers mate !! )

vleung

Skewed

The whole situation is propagating from everyone's lack of information and misinformation. The fact of the matter is that the problem was not caused by us Cheltenham Girls personally (because we couldn't have known that our trial was the CSSA one until after we'd done Paper 2, by which time the CSSA trial was officially run and the questions turned out to be the same) and that deserves no vilification in the form of trading needless and petty insults, and the laying of blame where one doesn't know the facts. Thank you to those who have agreed and said that it wasn't our fault.

In all truth, none of us truly know what happened. And what we were told was that Administration overlooked that it had to be sat on a certain date and time. I don't find this terribly hard to believe as sometimes I don't think our own teachers know when our trials and things are meant to be on. There have been numerous occasions in which I've heard teachers asking US when trials are and then saying, "Well, I better finish writing your papers." And certainly, the teachers doing the timetabling (someone in maths, usually, and they always do a good job of making sure nothing clashes and that there are teachers available to supervise) have no idea as to the nature of each subject's papers as all of them vary--there's Catholic, self-written, bits and pieces of bought and self-written papers...as far as I know, their job was merely to timetable the exams, not to make sure that they had been informed correctly.

No matter what happened, it seems a lot more appropriate to vent your anger amongst yourselves as it's pretty much obvious that opinions clash and will continue to clash. This thread is just all about banging our heads against the wall...

I still find it hard to believe that people think that it was possible for us to have been able to work out that the English papers were Catholic ones. It takes two to tango...in this case at least.

Maybe we should nominate you, Jo, for the Spirit of Cheltenham award.. :) I can't think of anyone else with more school spirit...but a few of your posts are a bit redundant. Some people just can't be bothered reading 37 pages of posts, that's the problem.

IPT and 3U Maths on Thursday! *crosses fingers and starts worrying about things other than English*

snoopy05

HSC
Chickenboy said:

end of story
hahahaha omg omg omg, i tought we've quite settled this argument about who's to blame and who's not to.
and also to be courteous and wise! hey you chickenboy *funny name*
you wouldnt mind reading all the 550 posts in this tread, would you? please do so its gonna save us time and money arguing with u.

same to the others.

stuge

HSC
Jayphen said:
Right answer. :)
Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with the same level of reasoning skills you possess, so a reaction like this can't be unexpected, much less prevented.
WOO HOOO!! justification..
christina88 said:
and ..nsb represent? lol i heard some of those guys have never said a word before the news interview. i dont think your 'quality' opinions are shared by everyone in your school either.

anyway, this is so stupid
YOURE fuckin stupid, you dumb bitch
christina88 said:
yeah, our girls probably rejected you nsbs:) no need to be a sore loser
and youre obviously a fat slut
schmo723 said:
It was a MISTAKE, mistakes happen and that's life.
BAH! mistake or no mistake at my school alone your school wasted two days of my fucking life, as well as the two hours it takes me to get there from cronulla, and this happened TWICE? both exams for 150 students. we culd have done sumthin contructive with all that time, like a nudie run through st. leonards park, or initiated a coup to take over Marist..i fuckin demand brutality..stop harping on about ur fuckin innocence, we know its not ur fault, but i cant call ur teachers dumb bitches so ul have to do right now ok? maybe u can tell us the girls that leaked it and we can have a public hanging
snoopy05 said:
you wouldnt mind reading all the 550 posts in this tread, would you? please do so its gonna save us time and money arguing with u.

same to the others.
SHUT UP!! iv read them, and i dont give a fuck, if its costing you money to read this, maybe u shuldnt be in a net cafe u poofter

ALSO! as a token of my immaturity i would like to point out that there are 69 days until the hsc

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah youre not so great yourself you know.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
stuge said:
but i am pretty good
Feel free to continue to exist in your glass case of delusion.

stuge

HSC
Deus said:
Feel free to continue to exist in your glass case of delusion.
id prefer to exist in a world where the animals run wild, and the cheltenham girls can yet agen roam this planet we call our home with the freedom of a pubic hair rolling on the wind..

ps. anyone whos posted in this thread and goes to kings likes boys..
ESPECIALLY if their interests are "Msn Bots, Aviation, etc" - im looking at YOU Deus! ur compromising your schools integrity..why dont you get out of ur room and play some rugby with the normal kids? BYE NOW!

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hey guys and girls. I've spent the last three hours reading through this whole thread from start to finish, and I've managed to figure out what each person is saying.

First off, I wish to start by saying that I'm a prefect at North Sydney Boys High. I was on television last night (Channel 10 -- I had the blue prefect tie on if anyone noticed). From memory, my comment ran something akin to this:
"To be told that it's cancelled, and that we'd have to get ourselves up emotionally - AGAIN - It's pretty tough."
I doubt this comment would have caused much commotion, as regardless of what school people go to, they can appreciate the physical, psychological and emotional strain that a Year 12 student is placed under during Trials (and ultimately, the HSC).

One of the comments regarding the quality of the original essay when compared with the probable quality of the future essay was virtually rendered invalid due to the use of selective editing. The guy's intention was not to generate this effect.

The comment at the end pertaining to the "ease" of the next question was unfortunately rather bigoted and it displayed an unwanted aura of arrogance. It highlighted the ease at which mistakes can be made.

Now, onto the topic of Cheltenham and its students. In no way am I going to blame the girls for what has happened. While the students at NSBHS, EBHS, NBHS and Carlingford have been the victims of this misundertstanding, it is explicitly clear that the students of Cheltenham Girls High School have been victimised due to events which have remained outside their jurisdiction and control.

I applaud some of the girls on here who have staunchly defended their school. By the same token, I find myself slightly embarrassed after reading some of the comments that my peers have made. Guys, before you mouth off at these girls, realise that you are still representing North Sydney Boys High School. We are one of the most respected schools in the state, so it would be a good idea to even attempt to uphold this status.

christina88 said:
and ..nsb represent? lol i heard some of those guys have never said a word before the news interview. i dont think your 'quality' opinions are shared by everyone in your school either.
Hey Christina. I've read your posts and heard a little about you from one of my friends, and you seem like a decent girl.

But hey, please don't question the integrity or validity of any of our students' opinions. What they think is just as valid as what you think. This is a situation where there is no right and no wrong for the students, because all involved have been adversely affected.

schmo723 said:
Of course, I cannot speak for all Cheltenham students but I really don't think any leak was intentional. Why would we do that? by leaking information about the catholic paper intentionally would only disadvantage us. It's just not logical.
Hiya. You've been the most ardent supporter of your school. Good on you, and hopefully, like 'ellipses' suggests, you shall win the 'Spirit of Cheltenham' award!

But back to this post. And Jo (I take it you are Jo), you know just as well as I do that Trials are merely a structured format used to determine internal ranks only. A girl spreading the question to students attending another school is not in the least adversely affected.

ellipses said:
No matter what happened, it seems a lot more appropriate to vent your anger amongst yourselves as it's pretty much obvious that opinions clash and will continue to clash. This thread is just all about banging our heads against the wall...

I still find it hard to believe that people think that it was possible for us to have been able to work out that the English papers were Catholic ones. It takes two to tango...in this case at least.
ellipses, this was a great post. I have learnt who are, and just a word of warning for next time --- it doesn't matter how close the second dancer is in your "tango", I suggest you never tell him the questions again ;) It may very well have been a naive and innocent act, but it's repercussions have been of gigantic proportions.

HSC
pride for a school! i never really have any for mine, except for the science facilities
nice work straightning it all up anyway dragon

Jermir Caesar

HSC
N/A
Ahhh look at all the pseudonyms... the very people I know hide their names because they dare not say out loud what they would willingly write.

Chickenboy said:

end of story
Sudeep, Sudeep, Sudeep. Always in the deep end, drowning in your own words. Yes, he doesn't know the situation... but ignorance is bliss.
I recall you telling me in the exam hall before we started that the King Lear question was "Regan and Goneril". Yes, you do have consistency. Consistency in inaccuracy.

SSaint said:
yesssss haha.. sam vs iemma

either way, both news reports highlight what we already know cheltenham sucks, and rofl at the girl who said "but we'll stand strongly together and get through this", do you feel your integrity has been compromised?? haha
Hey! Isn't that Adam Kookie? What a surprise! Because, you see, the dramatic irony really only occurs to me, knowing who he is. Yes it was Adam K. himself who was distributing the questions around the internet the night before the exam. I can just imagine him working into the night, preparing his unfair advantage for the exam that awaits.
There goes any integrity that was left there.

dreamon36 said:
I can personally vouch that the Lear Q went thru MSN as a wild rumour
Hello there my Russian friend Kyril E. I'm sure you had a carefully planned piece on Grigori Kozintsev's interpretation of Lear, as a polysemic, multi-faceted play of no bounds. Yes, and especially after your good friendship with Adam made you realise that it all went to waste! What a shame... Well, you can always personally vouch who you got the rumour from...

bshoc said:
"You doin ho activities, With ho tendencies, Hos are your friends and hoes are your enemies"

in other words Cheltham sux, and should shutup, becuase they dont have to sit 2 2 hour exams again ...
WOW - look at the verbosity in that! We have some angry, angry, angry people at our school don't we? I wonder who that is...

Raginsheep said:
Its not like we're losing anything :rolleyes:
Sorry Yi Li, I just don't see the point in abbreviating a four letter name. But Yi Li, what do you have that you could lose in the first place? Oh I forgot - no one knows you are Yi Li... just post what you like!

ellipses said:
The fact of the matter is that the problem was not caused by us Cheltenham Girls personally (because we couldn't have known that our trial was the CSSA one until after we'd done Paper 2, by which time the CSSA trial was officially run and the questions turned out to be the same) and that deserves no vilification in the form of trading needless and petty insults, and the laying of blame where one doesn't know the facts.
In all truth, none of us truly know what happened.
Well said, well said. You, Val, are the exception. You are from Cheltenham. And coming back to what we might lose... I'm sure you have lost your trust and faith in a certain someone. For who could have thought that even a prefect - a respectable, decent prefect, voted in by the grade, teachers, previous prefects - could possibly be involved in what seems such a heinous crime. Yes, he wouldn't dare show his face here... but I saw his face after the exam. No, that JP wasn't a happy chappy.

stuge said:
WOO HOOO!! justification..

YOURE fuckin stupid, you dumb bitch

and youre obviously a fat slut

BAH! mistake or no mistake at my school alone your school wasted two days of my fucking life, as well as the two hours it takes me to get there from cronulla, and this happened TWICE? i fuckin demand brutality..stop harping on about ur fuckin innocence, we know its not ur fault, but i cant call ur teachers dumb bitches so ul have to do right now ok? maybe u can tell us the girls that leaked it and we can have a public hanging

SHUT UP!! iv read them, and i dont give a fuck, if its costing you money to read this, maybe u shuldnt be in a net cafe u poofter
ALSO! as a token of my immaturity i would like to point out that there are 69 days until the hsc
Stuart Chater. Big Stuart Chater opened his big wide gob. You didn't really think you'd get away with this one did you? "stupid... dumb bitch" But weren't you vying with Scott for second-last place in the grade in Physics? Why are you at our school Stuart? "obviously a fat slut" Now without bringing out the usual techniques of inversion and irony, I think those who know you can safely say that no one could exceed your size, and therefore that comment is invalid. Oh and look at the language! It must reflect on the parents... or if not, the corrupted mind.

Well there you have it. The web of lies, deciet, and false impressions has been disentangled. My suggestion is to keep to your real name and say the right thing - like I do - or don't say the right thing, and don't make your alias so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)