Catholic Trials (paper 1) - What did u think? (1 Viewer)

Sarah J

HSC
I wrote a letter to a local council (hehehe- the local council of "Moonville" (I lived on Sailor St, so I had to have something with "Moon" in it!) complaining about their proposal to knock down the Town Hall. I can't stand those nosey people who complain about everything, but i gotta admit, it was fun being one of them!

bex

HSC
hey wat did you guys do for the debate question?

Pete

Originally posted by bex
hey wat did you guys do for the debate question?
I said screw that! the people who want to go back to the old times, are those people who cant live their life, or who are not happy... I said also these people scapegoat the old times, because they are BORING! lol

I said that not only is bringing back the good old times agaisnt the nature of change, its also IMPOSSIBLE END OF STORY ! hehe

bex

HSC
good point! well i wrote mine then halfway through decided that nope im not affirmative anymore, i am now negative lol so i have some really poor speech about how the good old days werent really the good old days because look wat happened to the Aborigines and so we should learn from our mistakes, apologise and move on... haha im sposeds to be the debating capt at my school... what a joke

Morgues

i thought it was alright

did some sort of a story for section 2 about a president contemplating whether to press a button which starts a nuclear war lol

what did you all say was the visual feature in the advertisement thing about the notion of change?

Pete

hehehe thats a good idea mate! Very relevant lol

I found that question difficult! I think i said look at the simplictity then and look how good the transport is now compared to then! or something, what did you do?

liz

HSC
Did the catholic today, can't even remember the question on question two all i remember is i only wrote 1 page on it but we got A4 paper with really small lines on it. What was the question again? Hated the poem, and didn't know what to put on the viual features in the ad for the train travel.

bex

HSC
i think i said something about the context of the picture juxtaposing the context of the script?? and then the logo having the camel bringing the past and the present together... i cant remember!!!

hey speaking of camels... i heard on the radio that in Saudi Arabia this 14 yr old kid was arrested for having sex with a camel!! ewwww!

Morgues

i cant remmember what i put for the ad visual thing

something about the camels/old fashioned clothes in the picture emphasising the technological changes society has gone through as is shown in the information bit

for my debate i had the guy debating in favour of the past and actually cut off the bottom bit in the picture to make the point that we dont need trains but only camels for a journey of a lifetime etc etc

ALF STEWART

hey can anybody remember the questions from the catholic paper, like the essay question, cos i cant believe that i have forgotten it already, lol, please dont tell me i am the only one.
um so yeah, lol, what were they again????????

Christine

beige member
HSC
i have no idea how i went ...... i might have done well i might have stuffed it!
i did section 3 first and my time plan went out the window. i spent about 50 minutes on it..... not good. i wrote 4 1/2 pages...... it wasn't the best essay i've ever written but it certainly wasn't the worst.

then i did section 1 which i really didn't put enough detail into.. not good. for the debate i used the bob ellis article and said how things change to improve themselves eg. in the good old days they had a higher alcohol limit for drivers 0.8 or something and how if we hypothetically went back there we'd be regressing.

section 2 was SCREWED!!!!!! I can be really creative but just not in 40 mins!!! i need to plan and brainstorm and draft and redraft etc for it to be a workable idea....... i ended up doing a v. short speech (1 1/2 pages) basically analysing the quote and showing how/where it occurs in society. basically along the lines of change is inevitable therefore enemies are inevitable....

mmmmmm anyways. i hope paper 2 is better...

ciao :)

bex

HSC
HSC= Way out of school and into uni

Pete

Originally posted by Christine
i have no idea how i went ...... i might have done well i might have stuffed it!
i did section 3 first and my time plan went out the window. i spent about 50 minutes on it..... not good. i wrote 4 1/2 pages...... it wasn't the best essay i've ever written but it certainly wasn't the worst.

then i did section 1 which i really didn't put enough detail into.. not good. for the debate i used the bob ellis article and said how things change to improve themselves eg. in the good old days they had a higher alcohol limit for drivers 0.8 or something and how if we hypothetically went back there we'd be regressing.

section 2 was SCREWED!!!!!! I can be really creative but just not in 40 mins!!! i need to plan and brainstorm and draft and redraft etc for it to be a workable idea....... i ended up doing a v. short speech (1 1/2 pages) basically analysing the quote and showing how/where it occurs in society. basically along the lines of change is inevitable therefore enemies are inevitable....

mmmmmm anyways. i hope paper 2 is better...

ciao :)

You approached the exam exactly how i did! And your thoughts of it the same GOODLUCK , i hope you do good! lol

bex

HSC
ARGH! I cant wait till this yr is over and im FREE well to a certain extent.... im so sick of answering to everybody else ie my parents, the principal blah blah...

MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------- sorry that was a little bit random hehe----------
:D

liz

HSC
Speaking of catholic paper does anyone have last years catholic paper 2??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)