Catholicism essay (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

I'm doing an essay on Catholicism, and i just need to find four features unique to Catholic religion that arent in any other branch of Christianity....

any ideas??
thx :)

agua.fuego

HSC
Here are some sites:
http://www.catholicexchange.com/2007/04/11/80910/
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=990DE2DF113BEF33A25757C0A9649D94629ED7CF&oref=slogin From 1893.
http://www.ancient-future.net/basics.html Basic Catholic beliefs - take what you will :)
http://www.religioustolerance.org/rcc.htm May help. Lots of links here.

I'm not too sure, but I think that praying to Mary might be one? (Dispute me if I'm wrong, by the way.) As far as I know, most other denominations of Christianity purely focus on praying to God. As I said, not too sure, dispute me if I'm wrong.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
marcquelle said:
transubstatiation (s/p) the body of christ and blood of christ - from what i know
Isn't that the Eucharist? Isn't the Eucharist in other branches of Christianity?

agua.fuego

HSC
kaz1 said:
Isn't that the Eucharist? Isn't the Eucharist in other branches of Christianity?
Yeah, most branches of Christianity follow the Eucharist, because that was a specific request that Jesus made - "Do this in memory of me."

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
kaz1 said:
its still the eucharist. other churches view the bread and wine as a symbol of jesus' body and blood, but catholics believe that it undergoes transubstantiation, meaning it literally changes into his body and blood.

HSC
It's the one that originated in Rome... hahaha I dunno I can't think of anything. Good point on the Eucharist though, guys.

Well I've given up on religion (not the school subject) anyway, though I would like to say I'm not one of the disrespectful asshole athiests out there that have to force their opinions on other people and I respect everyone's beliefs.

That said, good luck with your essay criss.

punhanii

HSC
Omg, is this crissy bug luver ? :D
im stuck on our essay as well :(
i chose catholicism too!

bored of sc

HSC
1. Holds the doctrine - the real Presense of Jesus Christ in the bread and wine after consecration at mass.

2. Accepts the Canons of the Councils of Ephesus and Chalcedon.

3. Considers Confirmation, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders and Matrimony (marriage) are sacraments.

4. Four marks/essential qualities are: unity (wholeness, singularity), holiness (sanctity, sacredness), catholicity (universality) and apostolicity (relating to the apostles).

5. Organisation is headed by the Pope, the Bishop of Rome.

HSC
punhanii said:
Omg, is this crissy bug luver ? :D
im stuck on our essay as well :(
i chose catholicism too!
hmmm....NO-ONE gets away with calling me a bug lover...u crazy Neighbours obsessed freak :p
:vcross: :argue:

lol...haha...ur always stuck with everything we do Nahn :p

HSC
These are all reeaalllly good answers, but how can i be sure that other denominations of christianity dont have any of these features??? is there a way to find out??

bored of sc

HSC
I'm 99.99% sure they are unique to Catholicism (my five dot-points).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)