Centrelink: How do I prove i need to live away from home? (1 Viewer)

y90

HSC
I'm thinking about living at my gf's house(or atleast saying that) so i can get more money from centrelink. She lives with her dad and they live about 5 mins away from me. The dad would also charge me unreasonably high rent so i'd get rent assistance as well.

Could I say i need to live there due to domestic disputes at home which are disrupting my study?

This is for the living away from home rate, not independence.

Trentyboi

HSC
How about you get a job and pay rent that way?

You don't 'need' to move out of your home.

Some people just don't get it when they're lucky.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If you move in with your girlfriend, centrelink consider it a de facto relationship, which reduces certain payments.

If you claim you can't live at home, centrelink will investigate. Centrelink describes the following as necessary "you are unable to live at home due to extreme family breakdown, violence in the home, or serious threats to your health or well-being".

Which is way beyond what you're claiming. On the ground you provide, your claim of independence would be rejected.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to prove you can't live at home in order to claim the "living away from home" rate, anyone who chooses to live away from home, and can provide proof of residence seperate from family, is eligible. However for "rent assistance", you would need to prove independence, which is a whole big headache.

Don't try to cheat centrelink. If you're living at home, but claiming to be renting a place, they will find out. You will get done. They will punish you, it will be merciless.

The only way you'll get the living away from home rate is to genuinely move out and start renting a place. In which case, you'll probably be worse off financially.

Trentyboi

HSC
If you move in with your girlfriend, centrelink consider it a de facto relationship, which reduces certain payments.
Just out of interest, if you move in with a partner and neither of you receive any welfare payments, do you need to tell the taxation office about it?

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
yeah you should probably let them know.

fill in a form 406B - notification of changes to romantic or domestic status

you may need to complete a statutory declaration as to the exact nature of your relationship and/or have a lawyer, jp, or member of parliament attest to the depth of your love

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Why is it exactly that you need to live away from home/your parents?

Trentyboi

HSC
yeah you should probably let them know.

fill in a form 406B - notification of changes to romantic or domestic status

you may need to complete a statutory declaration as to the exact nature of your relationship and/or have a lawyer, jp, or member of parliament attest to the depth of your love
But if you're not receiving any welfare support, what's the point? It's not like anyone is cheating the government, right?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i should register for youth allowance, but i can't be bothered + i have a job.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
I'm thinking about living at my gf's house(or atleast saying that) so i can get more money from centrelink. She lives with her dad and they live about 5 mins away from me. The dad would also charge me unreasonably high rent so i'd get rent assistance as well.

Could I say i need to live there due to domestic disputes at home which are disrupting my study?

This is for the living away from home rate, not independence.
get a job you bum

Trentyboi

HSC
Of course not.
Sweet as.

I was told that you have to tell the government if you move in with a partner even if you don't receive any benefits. I thought that that's a bit unfair, like why would they need to know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)