centrelink payments... (1 Viewer)

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
**i just called centrelink to see if i could recieve any austudy payments while im seeking a job before i go to canberra next year in july. My parents COMBINED, need to be earning BELOW $48 704..anyone else think thats really stupid??Most single parents would be earning above that..im fully dependant, earning about $37.85 a week, and i cant get a cent from them. I feel like im completely bludgin off my parents because i can hardly afford to put fuel in my car, i have 2 jobs one which i rarely get to work at because it depends how many people are booked,i couldnt have got a job somewhere that gave me hours after school during the week because i dont get home until late and ive applied at 6 places for a job next year, so i am really trying to find one asap...ggrrrrrrrr..

**does anyone think its a good thing that the cut-off is so low?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
um, how can u be working 2 jobs and only making $37.85 pw

ebird

HSC
N/A
center link

i think its crap, coz my folks earn ok money but we stil stuggle. but fuckin rich arabs or asians can come in an claim benifits. my granfather who was in ww2 cnt even claim a pension coz he use to earn good money but some fresh off the boat can claim fuckin everything an live happly with out workin its bulshit.
i work 2 jobs an run a car to pay for myself an shit an i stil cnt claim anything coz my dad earns $55 grand a year. ITS BULLSHIT. FUCK JOHN HOWARD.
ps im not rasist i jst dnt like the fobos that get our jobs an eduation, dnt pay tax an den claim gov benifits.

HSC
i couldn't get any centrelink payments whatsoever and i was living away from home for uni and my dad only earns just under $40 000. expenses + rent is about $200+ a week easily. my dad easily provides for it nicely. your family doesn't struggle and neither does mine, earning less than yours.

i think the cut-off is fair, why encourage people to bludge off the government?

boris

Banned
HSC
lmao @ebird

i cant get it either, coz my mum earns too much and my dad makes too much on the farm. we are by no means rich however, but apparently thats the system. :)

centrelink are dumbfucks. seriously, the government employs the unemployable at centrelink

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
miss_gtr said:
earning like 40 bucks a week isnt that much......especially for two jobs?..... im confused. What is austudy? i'm not allowed to get it anyways
Austudy, from what I remember, is when Centrelink give you maybe $150 a fortnight to help you with expenses while you're at Uni.. kind of like the dole for people who are studying... I think....

boris

Banned
HSC
you fucking git.

just because he earns a bit more than you, does not make him more financially stable. you dont know their living expenses, or how many people are in the family.

god you're an ignorant moron.

HSC
ebird said:
i think its crap, coz my folks earn ok money but we stil stuggle. but fuckin rich arabs or asians can come in an claim benifits. my granfather who was in ww2 cnt even claim a pension coz he use to earn good money but some fresh off the boat can claim fuckin everything an live happly with out workin its bulshit.
i work 2 jobs an run a car to pay for myself an shit an i stil cnt claim anything coz my dad earns $55 grand a year. ITS BULLSHIT. FUCK JOHN HOWARD.
ps im not rasist i jst dnt like the fobos that get our jobs an eduation, dnt pay tax an den claim gov benifits.
OK, bubble dome asia...suck all the air out.

Danoz The Great

HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
**i just called centrelink to see if i could recieve any austudy payments while im seeking a job before i go to canberra next year in july. My parents COMBINED, need to be earning BELOW $48 704..anyone else think thats really stupid??Most single parents would be earning above that..im fully dependant, earning about $37.85 a week, and i cant get a cent from them. I feel like im completely bludgin off my parents because i can hardly afford to put fuel in my car, i have 2 jobs one which i rarely get to work at because it depends how many people are booked,i couldnt have got a job somewhere that gave me hours after school during the week because i dont get home until late and ive applied at 6 places for a job next year, so i am really trying to find one asap...ggrrrrrrrr..

There are 52 weeks in a year. So for a single parent to be earning above the $48704 (as you claim they do), they'd have to be earning about $937. BAHA, you're so stupid.

Get off your arse and tell your stingy employers to get fucked.

HSC
ebird said:
those supposedly "fuckin rich arabs or asians" you speak of are the dishonest ones are probably the ones you are angry about, the type who fuck around with their tax & assets declaration.
that's what completely pisses me off about centrelink, they need to look into the situations of people claiming centrelink payments more.
e.g. i have an asian friend whose young & fitful parents cheated and fucked around with their tax saying they earn $50K a year combined income with two dependent children, but really they earn over $100K a year!
she gets just over $270 per fortnight away from home rate.
while my dad earns 35-40K and is at retirement age (56 yrs old) with health problems and i get squat!

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
ITS BULLSHIT. FUCK JOHN HOWARD.
lol. my new fave dude.

boris

Banned
HSC
seriously, some people are masterminds at ripping off the system, and theyre generally the ones who dont need it

HSC
boris said:
you fucking git.

just because he earns a bit more than you, does not make him more financially stable. you dont know their living expenses, or how many people are in the family.

god you're an ignorant moron.
if that was directed towards me, i posted again because i didn't clearly outline myself and didn't put enough thought into post.

and also, i have 6 people (mum, dad, uncle who got divorced and is sponging off us, 2 brothers, and virtually myself because they have to pay for my expenses) living under the same roof.

thinking about it again, the system isn't fucking fair at all.

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

pRiNCesS..!! said:

I think your an idiot.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Meh, just take a yr off earn 17 grand and get youth allowance, heck I will have earnt the 18 grand in the 18 months and I've been going to uni full time all year.
Next year will be sweet, I will be able to work one shift at work for spending money and use youth allowance for my car money.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i know i'll get a lot of abuse for posting this, but there are a few potholes in a few posts above me, as well as contradictions, dancing around the grey area of racism and total ignorance.

i would also suppose that some half witted people here will reply to this post and assume i was talking about them too.

i'm bitter today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)