Certificate to get into Uni (1 Viewer)

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone knew or could suggest any ways that i could get into uni to practice occupational therapy or radiology through a tafe certificate. i would prefer getting a certificate IV straight away as there is less time wasted and i can go straight into the uni course as i didnt get a high enough uai.

thanks

zstar

HSC
N/A
You're gonna have to do a Diploma, Very few university courses accept Cert IV. Furthermore a Diploma will give you more practical skills as well as Advanced standing where you can may not have to do certain subjects in University because you already done an equivalent unit in TAFE.

Check this course out for pathology.

http://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servlet/Course?Command=GetCourse&CourseNo=17383

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Lodgic said:
:eek: What happened to 'Forensics'? (or is this for another person?)

O, and i assume that after a year of university in a degree, one can transfer to another course on the basis of their GPA or otherwise a combination of UAI and GPA (goes 50/50). Abit more insecure than if you did a TAFE course and then did a degree, but it's another method of consideration.
Depends on which uni he goes to i'm asuming either CSU, UWS or UTS most of them just look at your tertiary record only.

If he did a cert or diploma that could be credited and used for entry.

uniads22

HSC
You could do the Tertiary Preparation Certificate, which will enable you to get into university depening on your TER (Tertiary Entrance Rank). It's a really great course..I've done it myself and I got into the uni course I wanted.

Here is a TAFE website showing you more details about the TPC course:

http://www.lg.tafensw.edu.au/2384/2395/tpcinfo.htm

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
yep, i second that, the TPC is brilliant and will thoroughly prepare you for further tertiary study.

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Thanks for that guys, very helpful
and lodge dw im still doin forensics hahaha it was for...a frienddd lol :p

melodic_gal

HSC
I recommend you doing the TPC (Tertiary Preparation Certificate) I did the course at Ultimo TAFE

It is fantastic you have different subjects to choose from in your case science of chemistry, biology, chemistry.. the teachers prepare you for university as well the skills you need for university.

It worth looking at..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)