Chances of transferring into medicine (1 Viewer)

iloveapple

HSC
On the pdf file on the website, it says that to transfer to medicine from a different degree, for a bachelor degree (in terms of academics and disregarding UMAT and interview), all you need is a "near credit average". Is this a realistic mark? Or is this a bare minimum and that to get in, you realistically need around a distinction?

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I haven't read this year's admission details pdf very thoroughly, but from previous years I imagine the cut-off would still be a GPA of 5.5. You may not be aware of the JMP selection process? They are based on a threshold model... once you're over the minimum academic requirement, you proceed to the next round of selection (that is, looking at your UMAT, then interview, etc). That is, regardless of whether your GPA is 5.6 or 7, you are not ranked based on academic performance.

I am applying this year too =)

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I haven't read this year's admission details pdf very thoroughly, but from previous years I imagine the cut-off would still be a GPA of 5.5. You may not be aware of the JMP selection process? They are based on a threshold model... once you're over the minimum academic requirement, you proceed to the next round of selection (that is, looking at your UMAT, then interview, etc). That is, regardless of whether your GPA is 5.6 or 7, you are not ranked based on academic performance.

I am applying this year too =)
Oh, I remember you!

Good luck with the transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)