Change - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Andronicus

Hahaha - "The Door" (well, I'm using that text from the booklet)...

Yeah, well "Pleasantville" is good, as is "Fight Club", as is "La Belle Dame" (Keats poem).

That's it, what else do I need?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think that Franz Kafka's 'The Metamorphosis' works quite well in relation to Changing Self, seeing it depicts change on multiple levels, not only Gregor's initial transmogrification, but the impact this has on his relation with his family. Additionally, the manner in which his family act, in a parasitical manner (It's quite sad actually.. Even the acts within the story that seem to be 'kind' are often just Gregor's naive perception, such as [/i]And with fine tact, knowing that he would not eat in her presence, she withdrew quickly and turned the key, to let him understand that he could take his ease as much as he liked.[/i]..) can be easily and effectively linked to 'In The Park' (They have eaten me alive.)

As such, it seems to be effective. (I hope.) Is anyone else using this as a related text?

My other related text is 'Cats In The Cradle', but that's probably a frequently used text. (Works well with the parent-child relationship though, as well as change-as-tranposition.)

Leanne

HSC
umm..i was thinking of doing episode 1 of Seachange 'Something Rich and Strange'.

is anyone else doing it? cos i only recently chose it and i was wondering what sort of points i should include :) thanx!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hey, how does 'Life as a House' sound for a related text? I'm doing Gwen Harwood for my changing self text. Would it work well? What sound I be talking about in regards to it?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm doing Metamorphosis.

I'm also doing Schindler's List. I had both of these in my change journal a while ago, and was told to definitely use them in the HSC, so I'm taking that advice

I'm using the movie of Mansfield Park for Change of Perspective, but it would work just as well for Change of Self.

Also using Bliss by Peter Carey, which (I think) may be able to be used in all parts of Change. Definately Perspectives and Self. I don't really know about what they want from World but it could work?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Just a query; For Changing Worlds (Out of curiosity. I do Changing Self.), do you have to cover change on a science-fiction level, or is any sort of changing society good?

If the latter is the case, I think that Orson Welle's 'The Magnificent Ambersons' (Or the original novel, which I haven't read.) would work as a piece of related material for this topic. The best thing is that it would work on two levels;

1.)The change depicted within the text itself (Industrialisation and it's effects upon the Ambersons, left behind with the change of the 'horseless carriage'. Indeed, the film's relation to change is enhanced by Welles' use of silent film techniques such as the famous iris-out shot when the automobile is driving away.)

2.)The surrounding context. The Magnificient Ambersons is best-known as as a 'lost' film, seeing 60 minutes of footage was trundicated and destroyed, with more 'uplifting' scenes filmed by another director being placed into the film following a negative response to initial test screenings. At the time, the loss was thought so minimal that the 'lost' footage was melted down for it's silver nitrate content. Now it is viewed as a tragic decision, which is indicative of a change in the societal perception of film, Orson Welles, and economic policy, among many other things.

Would that work?

allyteaded

Being John Malkovich <- [ eep, I dunno how to spell it!! ]

It just crossed my mind.. might be good for Change in Perspective and Change in World?

Pleasantville?? Isn't that a HSC text already too?

Erm... how about A.I. for change in World? Forrest Gump for change in self/world? Hot Chick for Change in Perspective?

Gosh there are so many... and that's just films really.

I've got one novel and the rest of my add mat are films. :p

Chelle

Im not doing changing worlds.. but i would assume you could use the films back to the future 1,2,3.

Also not doing changing perspective but you could probably use the film The Hairy Bird. - although that may be a bit of fluff..

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
yeah.. i'm prolly gunna do fight club and a song.. im not sure which one though... i'm thinking of doing forty six and two by tool... :confused:

vas

Otherside by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

excellent for changing self

m3h_m3h

HSC
u can use the movie "Spiderman".
my friends usin it for changing perspective, but im sure it can be used for others.

Kiya

IM doing the business of change an the mike moore interview on the oprah winfrey show but i wanna change the last one but i think its a bit late coz i have been doing these since yr 11 and know them of by heart, everyone else has cool related pieces!
I wanna do spiderman!!

m3h_m3h

HSC
i changed my related text today, using:
"Remember the Titans" directed by Boaz Yakin (the movie with denzel washington)

Hiya_la

2 visuals

hello all,
im planning to use Delta Goodrem's music video 'innocent eyes' to relate to changing self, and specifically the poem the glass jar (as the little boy loses his innocent eyes)
MV shows da justaposition of personas etc
im also goin to use a leunig cartoon..

Both of them are visuals.. is that ok?
im doin gwen harwood btw

bMaN oNe

HSC
Yeh i'm going to use Spiderman, An article i found on how an american author's views on racism changed with a visit to mississipi. This is all for changing perspective by the way. There are alot of good articles out there on changing perspective, im guessing there would be for the other change branches too. The artice is from the net too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)