Changing Elective study (1 Viewer)

amba_rox_yr_sox

HSC
Does anyone know if its possibly to do another question on the HSC exam then the one you've learnt??
I heard that you're teacher submits what topics you've learnt to the BOS and that you have to write you essays on the topics you've been taught.
I really dont like or understand one of my topics and was thinking about teaching myself one that I know more about.
Does anyone know if its possible???

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Hmmm that isn't true. All HSC papers for all course are exactly the same. It is up to students to select what option topics to do etc thus you can pick any of the topics however most teachers wouldn't advise this, learning a new topic and its in and outs is hard especially on your own.

If you are unsure of exactly what HSC papers look like then they can be viewed for the following link, please not this is exactly how they would of appeared in any exam room http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
amba_rox_yr_sox said:
Does anyone know if its possibly to do another question on the HSC exam then the one you've learnt??
I heard that you're teacher submits what topics you've learnt to the BOS and that you have to write you essays on the topics you've been taught.
I really dont like or understand one of my topics and was thinking about teaching myself one that I know more about.
Does anyone know if its possible???
You can do any topic you wish.

The information your teacher has sent to the BOS is for the use of the Supervisor of Marking. The SOMs need to know approximately how many people are going to attempt each question so that they can appoint the markers according to the needs of the year.

e.g. last year they started marking the personalities with 3 groups on Germany and 1 on Russia (we then moved on and marked the smaller countries and kept coming back to either Germany or Russia). The SOM knew how many students were doing Germany and therefore how many markers were needed for that section and thus was able to appoint the required number of markers.

Every year students do topics other than what they have been taught and some students attempt EVERY question on the Modern History paper. In that case every question is marked. The computer will then give the student the highest mark earnt in each section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)