Changing Perspectives - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Nelly

What are you all doing for your other related texts

For those who are doing American History X, what did you guys write about it. Could you upload notes??? Thanks

Christine

beige member
HSC
a patch of blue by elizabeth kata ( novel) and a walk in the green light by redgum (song)

Dario

HSC
Yeah, I think it is good. It shows the need for change in African American communities and the difficulty of making changes.

tweakin

but how can u relate 2pac to changing PERSPECTIVES?

how many related texts do we need?...im doin american history X and lookin for another one....thinkin of doing a scene from shakespeares play 'as you like it'..... the scene - all the world's a stage.

Dario

HSC
1 Prescribed Text
1 Text from the stimulus booklet "Changing"
2 Texts of your own choosing

Morgues

2pacs one would be good to relate to skrzynecki.....adapting to a new culture etc

Last edited:

Morgues

The whole idea of African Americans not getting along with whites parallels the whole idea of the skrzyneckis trying to fit into Australia despite their different heritage

Its not ideal but at least there is some sort of link

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
The song seventeen by Janis Ian,, how is it about changing perspectives and how do u relate it to Looking for Alibrandi?

Also, with Changing Perspectives
Is it just about The character in the texts perspective changing, or can it also be about how the text changes your own perspective?

Nelly

I've decided against 'changes' by tupac, teacher's hate it, it's been done so many times. Any title with change in it is not good with the teachers.

I've decided to do American History X and "What if a Woman" by Joe, check it out, its really good. It changes the perspective of the listener...

HSC
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
The song seventeen by Janis Ian,, how is it about changing perspectives and how do u relate it to Looking for Alibrandi?

Also, with Changing Perspectives
Is it just about The character in the texts perspective changing, or can it also be about how the text changes your own perspective?
Although its more difficult, you can do texts that changes your own perspective. For instance in the stimulus booklet the poem/dramatic monologue "The Door" is an example of a text where the composer changes the perspective of the responder (you)...

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Nelly

The text 'Stolen Generation' has got nothing to do with changing perspectives, but you have to write about how the perspective of the reader is changing. and what techniques (how') The text pursuades the reader

Same as the song above.

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Originally posted by Nelly
"What if a Woman" by Joe, check it out, its really good. It changes the perspective of the listener...
ooo joe, i luv his song stutter!!, but his new albumns pretty crap,,,
anyways thanks for saying that, that song really does fit in with changing perspectives, which also gives me an excuse to listen to a good song :), and i guess it does kinda fit in wit alibrandi...

Nelly

Yeah it does, you wouldn't think that something by Joe would relate to the Stolen Generation...but here we are.

"(Home security salesman) But surely you couldn't put a price on your family's safety - (Homer) I wouldn't think so either...but here we are" hehe, I love the simpsons :p

p00_p00

Well when ur choosin ORM make sure it has a shit load of techniques: thats what they are askin 4 now. Hence i prefer to use poetry or novels and movies/visual to show techniques. Songs are harder since they wernt made 4 a message (most of them arnt) and they are out to make $$$ => they dont really have much technique besides rhyme. Well thats my 2 cents!

Christine

beige member
HSC
mmmmm i don't agree. there are a lot of songs which are aimed to make money that don't have a message but i think you'll find if u look at the lyrics of quality artists that songs do have a message and lyrics can be analysed! ie. crowded house, bob dylan, U2, manic st preachers, even eminem!! you just have to listen....................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)