Changing Perspectives - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

kannonboy

definitely.. you could easily read as much into a song as you could poetry - unfortunately there are an awful lot of songs out there based on topics that are pretty much totally irrelevant but there's some good ones.

Nelly

There are lots of songs which deep meaning, and their are heeps of language techniques you can write about. e.g. repetition, rhetorical questions, alliteration, crap like that.

Dario

HSC
I'm not using 2Pac either
I'm going for a smaller text, namely a cartoon. If you think about it, 4 texts in 40 minutes, and an introduction and conclusion.... Can't fit too many substantial texts in there.

Christine

beige member
HSC
all my teachers love luenig cartoons!!! i don't know if they are online because he publishes them in books. however in the sydney morning herald on a saturday they have them on page 2 of the spectrum lift out.

Morgues

Do you have any notes on one such cartoon, I really do need one more piece of related material

Christine

beige member
HSC
i have one cartoon but no notes! sorry.!
i can e-mail it if u want

Morgues

Sure
Do you have icq? My hotmail e-mail is overloaded and my ISP e-mail doesnt accept files :(

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
related material for changing perspective i've used are

all the worlds a stage speech by shakespeare
the paradox of our time speech
the real plato jones by nina bawden
the 6th sense
and Black knight (the movie)
and Boy meets Boy an online cartoon strip

Originally posted by Christine
a patch of blue by elizabeth kata ( novel) and a walk in the green light by redgum (song)
I loved "A Patch of Blue"!!! We studied it in year 8 and I loved that book so much, do you mind if I consider it as a supp. text as well? I understand if you don't cos it's your text and everything but... ah... bring's back memories

and as for Leunig cartoons, as if teachers don't like cartoons. Haven't you seen that like, at least one text in a lot of the trials, HSC, Specimen, etc. They all include a "visual text" and more often than not, it's a Leunig cartoon

Kristy

'remember the titans' was on movie1 last night - i was thinking i might use that :)

does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on the film?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)