• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Changing shit study habits to good from HSC>UNI (2 Viewers)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I didn't post it to brag, I posted it to let the original poster know that if they try it they will end up regretting it. I'm not saying I didn't reach my potential, I know that I could never get a 99.95 UAI, nor would I want it. And once again, don't try to tell me I did more than that, coz I most certainly didn't.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I know people who cruised into the 70s-80s without too much sweat. But we had appaulingly easy exams this yr. I predict they'll thrash the living daylights out of this yrs hsc to make up for it. Pity.

IceBreaker

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Don't try and tell me how much or little I did.

This was my effort over my HSC yr:
English- put a little effort into non-exam assessments, maybe an hour for each. Talked through class (entire class did)
Maths- doing my homework consisted of doing maybe half the assigned exercise and the other half was random working with the answer from the book. Talked through class (entire class did)
IPT- nothing. Played quake and counterstrike every lesson.
Chem- nothing in class, or at home, although went to tutoring (lol, so could have been avoided by doing stuff). Occasionally did homework, mostly stolen off CSU site.
Business- once again, nothing. Talked through class (entire class did)

Stuvac: surfing the net and watching tv

Night before exams: surfing the net and watching tv

Morning of exams: 10 minutes flipping through excel books.
Im going to attempt the same style as you. wish me luck

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
My study habits are certainly not great, but I did go from doing very little in year 12 (79.10) to scraping medicine this year. You can change, but you must be motivated to change because it's DAMN HARD.

I'm still very lazy and procrastinate until almost the last possible moment, but I'm getting progressively better at maintaining self discipline and believe that if you really try to can do it too.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
lexi - you are like the poster-child for the 'HSC is not the end of your life' campaign.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I didn't post it to brag, I posted it to let the original poster know that if they try it they will end up regretting it. I'm not saying I didn't reach my potential, I know that I could never get a 99.95 UAI, nor would I want it. And once again, don't try to tell me I did more than that, coz I most certainly didn't.

yehh right... morning of the exams
im sure u studied abit more than that! maybe as revision i'de believe it but studying just the morning of exams ahh yeah okay then

but whatever ... i'll believe u

maybe our definitions of study are different... mehh

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
noneother said:
These people you speak of must be extremely thick. People at my high school did NOTHING, absolutely nothing and mananaged 70's.

Im sure they didn't do "NOTHING"! farr out i hate how people put others down! The people at my school that did "NOTHING" got uai's of 30 or less!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i think the key is to not study much,
first semester of uni last year i did jackshit and just got pissed all the time and worked didnt go to lectures or even bother to get the lectures notes and really only did the assignments i had to do the night before, and ended up getting hds. then 2nd semester i decided to take uni more seriously and did the readings and stuff and i only got credits

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
yehh right... morning of the exams
im sure u studied abit more than that! maybe as revision i'de believe it but studying just the morning of exams ahh yeah okay then

but whatever ... i'll believe u

maybe our definitions of study are different... mehh
What bit of "I did NOTHING" is it that you seem to have difficulty grasping? As I outlined above, that was the extent of my "study" for my HSC.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
What bit of "I did NOTHING" is it that you seem to have difficulty grasping? As I outlined above, that was the extent of my "study" for my HSC.

......ok *rolls eyes*

IceBreaker

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
first semester of uni last year i did jackshit and just got pissed all the time and worked didnt go to lectures or even bother to get the lectures notes and really only did the assignments i had to do the night before, and ended up getting hds. then 2nd semester i decided to take uni more seriously and did the readings and stuff and i only got credits
if only that was possible lol

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
uni is a bitch, i feel like every week is the HSC

and its only been the first week , too much stuff to do damn reading takes too loooooonnggg
that doesnt make sense... how can very week feel like the HSC when u've only been there for one week. Maybe they're just pumping u hard to get u into gear

IceBreaker

HSC
Lexicographer said:
My study habits are certainly not great, but I did go from doing very little in year 12 (79.10) to scraping medicine this year. You can change, but you must be motivated to change because it's DAMN HARD.

I'm still very lazy and procrastinate until almost the last possible moment, but I'm getting progressively better at maintaining self discipline and believe that if you really try to can do it too.
how did you got in medicine with that uai? i thought the only way was to either get 95++ in hsc and make it in or do medical science and transer. Medicine is also excluded from mature age student entry i think too.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
......ok *rolls eyes*
Just because I don't have the Asian work ethic, don't try and make me out to be a liar.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'm with clairegirl on this... There is a difference between nothing and next to nothing, and those at uni who claim that they did nothing (i.e., nothing) throughout their entire hsc year are full of shit.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
IceBreaker said:
how did you got in medicine with that uai? i thought the only way was to either get 95++ in hsc and make it in or do medical science and transer. Medicine is also excluded from mature age student entry i think too.
Klaxons! Sirens! Alarms!

You do NOT need to do Medical Science or Science Advanced!

See Medland for more information (University General > Medicine).

S

Shuter

Ranger Stacie said:
Yeah but it doesn't apply to those people who are doing real degrees and not stuff like arts.

IceBreaker

HSC
Lexicographer said:
Klaxons! Sirens! Alarms!

You do NOT need to do Medical Science or Science Advanced!

See Medland for more information (University General > Medicine).
sorry i have offended you, just curious......so there a chance i might make big $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)