Changing the way you look to suit your age (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
So how could one potentially go about doing this?

ie. I'll be 21 in less than 5 months, but there's a general consensus floating my tail in which everyone believes I'm 15. I'm dead serious. People never say "oh you look 18" or 17, they just constantly tell me I look 15.

I do have a "baby" face whatever the fuck that means.

Help?

It gets REALLY annoying when people ask you how school is (when I'm in 3rd year uni), or when they tell your boyfriend he's a cradle snatcher, coz my boyfriend looks 22+ and I look supposedly 15!

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
to uni I wear jeans and a top. nothing out of the ordinary. I do dress up to go out obviously, skinnies, dresses the likes. But my normal day to day wear is jeans and t-shirts, singlets, denim skirts, shorts. In the winter I opt for casual sport shoes, and the summer it's thongs or flats.

I refuse to wear anything else to uni, coz I'd much rather be comfortable. I don't know how girls wear dresses to uni.

Have I limited myself? I get told I look young when I just stick my hair up in a pony and dont wear make-up, which is a typical daily thing. I dont particularly want to start wearing my hair down every day and wearing makeup. lol I think i am limiting myself

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I'm the same, baby face and I live in jeans & a tshirt most of the time and get carded as such.

However, I've never been carded when in my "corporate" uniform, black pants/skirts & a blouse of some sort with heels. Most people at my work also thought I was 19-20 when I started.

That leads me to believe that a classier look, more refined and elegant I guess makes me look older.

But that might just be me and I can't be bothered to change how I look because it involves too much effort.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
oh yeah that's the exact same as me. I wont probably ever wear anything different to uni because I'm just comfortable in jeans. It's just getting beyond a joke and I'm getting frustrated.

I have new glasses which makes me look older when my hair's out. Though I don't always wear my glasses. But as soon as I stick my hair up in a pony, I look young. I thought it was the pony, so I wear my hair out. Now I have really curly hair, but that makes me look young too. lol complain-feast.

I was thinking maybe change my hair cut? Not much I can do with curly hair though? Short? long? etc.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
agh, i know exactly what you mean..i don't so much get that i'm '15', but i am often assumed to still be in high school which is pretty annoying (also 3rd yr uni lol)

i don't know how you can change though, hair cut COULD help, but curly hair is difficult :s are you short? i think that's a lot of the reason why i'm considered younger? i dunno

what freaked me out the other day was that when i was at groovin' the moo, with everyone wearing their 18+ or under 18 wrist thingys and there were a whole pile of girls that looked older than me but were under 18!

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I have a baby face and wear casual clothes, BUT I wear boys clothes most of the time (girls undies and jeans, unisex shoes and guys shirts and jackets, anyway) and I have short hair, and for those two reasons people assume I'm older than I am. What's your haircut like? I'm not saying you should hack it off, but if you're really concerned, maybe go for a more mature haircut?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I too have a baby face and often get people thinking that I am 15. But I don;t really care, I kinda like it. The only thing that annoys me about it is that some people don't belive I'm 18 or they take forever to serve me or take ages checking my ID. But as I said I don;t really care that much.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I look really young for my age to, nobody ever believes I'm over 18. I get on buses etc and they automatically assume child fare! My 15 year old sister and 14 year old brother both look older than me, it sucks. So many people have told me I look too young to be at uni since I've started haha, they usually assume I'm in about 14-15.

I guess we should enjoy looking young while we can, at least when we're 40 we'll probably look around 20 :p

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
I get on buses etc and they automatically assume child fare!
haha, are you sure you're getting 'child' fare? because student and child prices are the same and you're entitled to get a student fare
side note: i hate when they ask to see your student id when you get on at uni..

CieL

HSC
I've always looked older for my age ever since I was a teen..

I'm always wearing the same crap.. jeans, t-shirt, closed shoes.. and people would always think I'm 18 or so since I was 15 or so..

Then when I dress up a bit... either to go work or some special occasion, people would not believe I am under 20...

I think height helps.. I used to be tall.. until the white chicks started to outgrow me around yr10.. I remember HS photos, yr7 I was in the top row.. and each year I'd go down a step lol..

Hair helped.. I had awfully long hair.. now that I've hacked a chunk off I feel younger for some reason..

CieL

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i always get asked for ID when i buy scratchies, if that helps :eek:
bwhahah serious? I didnt even know they asked ID for scratchies.. never been asked..

CieL

HSC
The_highwayman said:
lol. i asked a girl for ID when she wanted to see an MA15+ film once.
she got offended.

Turns out she was 23.

:eek:
I was selling cigarettes to this female customer.. and our policy is, if they look 25 or under, ask for ID.... so I did.... and turns out she was 33/34

She was surprised at first, then got really happy about me checking her ID she told me I made her night and that she's going to tell everyone she got checked..

But yeah, she really did look 25................

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha i was having a convo with a mate on my way to uni, and he was shocked when i told him that i was only 19....he thought that i was 22
ive always looked older than i thought

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah i get the same thing...someone asked me the other day how i was handling year 10, i'm like "...!!!!!!!!...."
i don't think there's much you can do about it really, besides dress 'up' ...which i agree is a bitch at uni, pffft as if. maybe colour choice helps though - i notice that when i wear 'girly' colours, eg pink, purple, i get the odd comments, but when i wear, you know, other colours it's not an issue.

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
I look really young for my age to, nobody ever believes I'm over 18. I get on buses etc and they automatically assume child fare!
haha awesome! milk it for what it is worth!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
CieL said:
I was selling cigarettes to this female customer.. and our policy is, if they look 25 or under, ask for ID.... so I did.... and turns out she was 33/34

She was surprised at first, then got really happy about me checking her ID she told me I made her night and that she's going to tell everyone she got checked..

But yeah, she really did look 25................
hahahaa, i hope i look 25 when i'm 35!

as to what cosmic doris said about colours, pastels, esp. pink, probably don't help (not that i often wear pink :S)..also, light blue jeans..agh actually i don't know..people can just pull of things better than others :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)