Channel Ten's Coverage of NYE's Fireworks (1 Viewer)

What are your thoughts on TEN's coverage?

• It was O.K

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I condemn that

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Didn't watch it

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
This news may be a bit old but over the past few days, Channel Ten has been the centre of controversy because of their ways of running the coverage of the fireworks display.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,21004656-2,00.html?from=public_rss

NEWS.COM.AU
There were sex jokes, a drag act and an overdose of Big Brother has-beens but Network Ten yesterday dismissed the growing number of complaints about its coverage of New Year's Eve.
What are your thoughts? Did they go too far and in the wrong direction too?

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i didn't watch it, but fucking hell some people are whingers.

Optophobia

HSC
There is no controversy. It's just Today Tonight looking to put shit on another network.

I watched TEN's program at the RSL club and it first struck me as being aimed at the wrong audience, but people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It's amazing how Today Tonight can click its fingers and get people to demand the death of anything that it suggests. NYE is over. What do they want Channel 10 to do, go back in time and not do what they did?

lol, they even had Fred Niles on Today Tonight saying how bad this immoral television event was. Pfft.

More like channel 7 pulled the TT crew into the back room and told them to make some stupid story about channel 10.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I didn't watch it, but the sheer fact that they had Gretel Kileen (let along the Big Brother housemates ... *pukes*) was enough to turn me off watching it.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
It's quite understandable why people are complaining. I know that we're all of a different age group from those complaining but the fireworks display is usually something that brings the family together and most kids love fireworks display. Their parents are shocked by the amount of adultish stuff like Big Brother, Gretel Killeen and those SMS ads in between.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
The majority of people not drunk enough on NYE to even understand what is going on on Channel Ten seem to be 40+, and I swear - it's the same group of assholes that complained about the ratings on movies being to small and managed to get the OFLC to blow up these big coloured yellow/blue/green/red things on the bottom of every Aussie DVD.

I am sick of whingers, censorship and Today Tonight.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I wasnt even watching tv then, i was drinking, and then drinking as i walked to a club, then drinking in a club and finally drinking on a beach.

....people tell me i have a problem, but fuck em it was new years eve.

lengy

HSC
I was playing poker at the time and even though the TV was on I was barely watching. I did notice the coverage was lame and wouldn't have known there were so many Big Brother has beens if not for my friend but I didn't care because either way they are nobodies who mean shit all.

Skeeta

HSC
i watched it and it was pathetic

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
nandayo said:
The majority of people not drunk enough on NYE to even understand what is going on on Channel Ten seem to be 40+, and I swear - it's the same group of assholes that complained about the ratings on movies being to small and managed to get the OFLC to blow up these big coloured yellow/blue/green/red things on the bottom of every Aussie DVD.

I am sick of whingers, censorship and Today Tonight.
Hard to decide what I'd like to see go first: Gretel Kileen and Big Brother or gutter journalism ...

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
Well I was watching Today Tonight (purely for the ironic value) and one guy said that the 18-34 demographic that they were trying to capture was out there partying and having a good time, not watching TV and that was very true.

The TV fireworks is mainly for kids/older people and they completely misfired with what they brought to the night.
I saw a chunk of the John Foreman bit while at a hosue party.

This whole thing is so frickn ridiculous. Channel 10 is perfectly free to show whatever the frick it wants in the lead up to the fireworks within the ratings guidelines. If Ch 10 got the demographic wrong then it's their loss. If a viewer doesn't like it they can change the channel to Richard Wilkins... it's not like they won't know what time the fireworks coverage will be on. Having said that, Matthew Newton was acting overly camp, just for the sake of being a twat.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
who cares? if it really was that bad there were other channels covering it too...it's just the usual today tonight bullshit trying to dump on channel ten.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i didn't watch. was out ...

and there weren't any replays on tv tooo... :( looks better on tv i reckon.

but the atmosphere is awesomer when you're actually there. duh.

shsshs

HSC
today tonight is just a poor excuse for journalism. some of its investigations are shockingly unworthy of our time

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
shsshs said:
today tonight is just a poor excuse for journalism. some of its investigations are shockingly unworthy of our time
Like what? ...need to know because I don't watch it.

kow_dude

HSC
i didn't watch channel 10's coverage of NYE that night but i did get to see some scenes from Today Tonight. I thought some scenes were ok but i thought the show where Michael Newton was on was absolutely horrible, especially when he was licking the other guy's ears during a piano play. The part where he was bouncing himself was extremely gay and channel 10 put him air...wtf? That guy showing his homosexual energy on tv is just wrong.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Well I was too busy waiting for a new year and to get on with life to get angry, however I did noticed how lame the BIG SHOW with that Forman guy was....I mean I loved the guy from Alibrandi being in it Mike Newtion, I mean he was cute when he was young..., but was that a classic drag act or what? and whats up with the constant references to Paris Hilton throughout the night? Why not Wentworth Miller,star of Prison Break who is also here for the New Years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)