Character Development Help (1 Viewer)

Captain Moist

HSC
Hey guys,

For my 08 indo performance, the character I've developed is one Jeeves Jenkins (or Hannigan, not 100% yet.)

I want him to be a really edgy character, something unique.

The basic jist is that he is outrageously rich, has a damn nice suit, a glass of brandy and generally just talks down on the audience, untill - it's apparent he's actually just the butler, and has to slink away to mop up his masters sons piss off the toilet seat.

I'm aiming this to be a comedy, but just want some advice on how to make a more interesting character that the audience will enjoy listening to.

Cheers,

Llew.

kuytbird

HSC
obsessive compolsive butlers are always a laugh if u play it well.
he could be like constantly drunk, or really old, hearing problems and the like.
whats the storyling about

Captain Moist

HSC
Its a monologue, so it will basically be Jeeves talking about himself, and generally enjoying the sound of his own, opulent voice.

I've called it, An Intimate Evening with Jeeves Jenkins/ Hannigan

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I prefer Jenkins.

As for character traits, pomposity works well, especially as he believes himself to be very rich. An addition feature could be some kind of bizarre hobby or interest. Finally, any exaggeration of the life of the wealthy and famous will work effectively.

Heckles

HSC
hey yeh,
same here all we have been doing is eading summer of the 17h doll and no sugar....
goin to see antigone soon though for our last 1.
thats the thing thats sucky about drama, 40% of it is basically english all over again!!!!

anyway, if you are into something a bit absurd, try 'The Dog' by Steven Berkoff
thats the 1 im doing for my IP. as long as no1 else steals it!:ninja:

And does any1 know where to find the topics for the GP's yet???

Heckles

HSC
if your looking for comedy, you could add a little bit fom Monty Python, particularily if he is an english butler.
Look up '4 Yorkshiremen' into youtube. Funny sketch.

EmmaCinderella

HSC
you could even make the character seanile
and he could be talking about one thing and the stop and completly repeat himself or start a wohle new topic that had nothing to do with the other one. if it was done right it would be funnyy

SpoonSamba

HSC
For humour mispronounce words but with confidence so the character thinks he soudns classy, but just sunds liek a tool

kinda like ath and kim say 'erbal, haloe vera and the like

but more jeevesy i'd laugh at that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)