• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Charlie and the chocolate factory (1 Viewer)

davo_

good kid
HSC
julius said:
Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka is far superior to Wilder's.
I don't think so, I wouldn't go that far. Quite different portrayals... But all in all Depp's Wonka is the only good thing about the new movie. Admittedly I haven't read all of this thread so I may be repeating somethings - but the new movie really didn't work- the modern effects made it look nicer; but the feeling from the old film was much better. The new movie did not need to be made.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
koukla said:
"Everything in this room is *eat*able. Even I'm *eat*able. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies."
ahhhhhh! my fav quote!!!! love johnny depp :eek:

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is ofcourse another FABULOUS creation by the master director/writer/poet Tim Burton!!!! I think that this movie is actually BETTER then the original, i wasn't a fan of all the singing and the mushiness in the original and thought that Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka was far more evil, funnier and more interesting - especially the scenes about his father!!

The ONLY thing i didn't like about this new movie was the Oompa Loompas, i enjoyed them far more in the first movie but that's just my opinion....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)