Charlie and the chocolate factory (2 Viewers)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
i dont want to see the new willy wonka because:
-the oompa loompas are playing by the one person
-they are wearing modern clothes
-wonka wears sunnies in a scene
-charlie has brown hair
-charlie has a dad

it probly wont be up to my expectations. willy wonka has been my fav movie since i was 3, and i really dont this remake looks as good as the original.
Charlie always had a dad.. do you mean, willy has a dad?

The Gene Wilder version of WW wasn't what Roald Dahl had in mind- it was too happy or something. This version is apparently closer to what he intended for the story.. but it is Tim Burton so you can't expect the same as the original.. otherwise what was the point of remaking it in the first place?

HSC
steph@nie said:
Charlie always had a dad.. do you mean, willy has a dad?

The Gene Wilder version of WW wasn't what Roald Dahl had in mind- it was too happy or something. This version is apparently closer to what he intended for the story.. but it is Tim Burton so you can't expect the same as the original.. otherwise what was the point of remaking it in the first place?

nah charlie didnt have a dad in the original, wasnt that why they were so poor cuz mum was the only one round and she had to look after the 4 grandparents?

SmokedSalmon

HSC
go_swans said:
nah charlie didnt have a dad in the original, wasnt that why they were so poor cuz mum was the only one round and she had to look after the 4 grandparents?
yeah thats true.

but in the story by roald dahl charlie does have a dad. he works at some toothpaste factory where he screws the caps on the toothpaste tubes...

I'm seeing it in 2 hours!!! :)

funniboi

HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
yeah thats true.

but in the story by roald dahl charlie does have a dad. he works at some toothpaste factory where he screws the caps on the toothpaste tubes...

the new one follows more from the book then the previous one.

but yeah, this saturday, willy wonka and the chocolate factory, is gonna be on!! wooot! :D

HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
yeah thats true.

oh well in that case it follows the book!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
i dont want to see the new willy wonka because:
-the oompa loompas are playing by the one person
-they are wearing modern clothes
-wonka wears sunnies in a scene
-charlie has brown hair
-charlie has a dad

it probly wont be up to my expectations. willy wonka has been my fav movie since i was 3, and i really dont this remake looks as good as the original.
Charlie had a dad in the book. Why is everyone so cut about this movie? It's not a REMAKE of the so-called original movie, it's an adaptation of the ORIGINAL BOOK, you know the one Roald Dahl wrote?

I loved Dahl books as a kid - the Twits hooked me, LOL - and didn't really like the movie being compared to the book (it was far too different, but still a good kids movie on it's own).

I've just seen the Burton/Depp version and loved it - Depp is an exellent WW - weird, excentric and rather indifferent to the kids - he was perfect! Although not in the books, I liked the dad twist, and thought Freddie did a pretty good job at Charlie. Overall, I absolutley loved the movie and would see it again. Burton made it darker than the Gene Wilder version, which is much like Dahl had written it. His books were never happy, they were exentric and dark and thats why we loved them. I'm happy a closer version to the books has been released and would reccomend it :)

HSC
the fact that there was one actor for the oompa loompas is just wrong. but otherwise its pretty cool

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Just got back from seeing the charlie and the chocolate factory.

I loved it!!! Johnny Depp was so bizarre, strange and creepy as Willy Wonka. I kept laughing my arse off at those oompa loompa songs. ok good movie, see it, download it, whatever... 9/10 :uhhuh:

funniboi

HSC
i still prefer the oompa loompa songs from willy wonka and the choc factory more then the ones from charlie and the choc fact.
rofl

ooompa loompa doompa di dum!!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I saw it yesterday. I give it 3 stars out of 5.

I dunno perhaps I'm doiing the wrong thing by comparing it to the ol version in which I preffered. However, I do appreciate the fact that this movie follows the book more closely than the original. i.e. the dad and also the songs that the oopma loompas thing. I have also, upon more thought about the movie, come to appreciate the originality in the way in which Depp created Willy Wonka. He portrayed Willy as a weird twisted freak, which although Gene Wilder (the original Willy Wonka)was doing I feel that Johnny did a better job. I cant say anything more without spoiling it.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i really loved the movie. saw it last night. Johnny Depp is amazing!!! i loved it!! the only thing i hated was the oompa loompas. they werent right

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I loved it. I hated the original, I hate those oompa loompas and I didn't care for Deep Roy much, but he was bearable.

I love Veruca Salt and Augustus Gloop.

[trent]

HSC
i didn't like it...Depp was trying too hard to be weird and i don't think he pulled it off...

The melting dolls at the beginning were cool though

HSC
Loz#1 said:
I love Veruca Salt
For a second i thought you meant the band, rather than the character. But i love them both.

I heard the remake is a lot more true to the book - Willy Wonka is a questionable, surreal, twisted figure instead of some jolly Santa Claus.

[trent]

HSC
whiterabbit said:
I heard the remake is a lot more true to the book - Willy Wonka is a questionable, surreal, twisted figure instead of some jolly Santa Claus.
Willy wonka was hardly a jolly santa claus in the original. Gene Wilder was downright scary in the boat scene and the glass elevator...i think he played Wonka heaps better than Depp...slightly mad, slightly kooky but ultimetley likeable. Rather than Michael Jackson the second...

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
No way! Johnny Depp was brilliant. he was perfectly creepy. i thought he did it soooo well... it was excellent!

Genesys

HSC
PerfectByNature said:
No way! Johnny Depp was brilliant. he was perfectly creepy. i thought he did it soooo well... it was excellent!
Agreed. It's now one of my all time favourites.

I am really pleased at how it turned out.

An interview with Roal Doahl's family said that he hated the first one with Gene and would have liked this one a lot more, which is good. It always worries me when they make a movie based on a book once the author is dead, I always wonder what they would think of it.

In conclusion, it was really good...praise for Johnny Depp. I loved how he brought the real idea of eccentricity to the character!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)