Cheat sheet tips (1 Viewer)

Sxmm

HSC
My Maths extension 1 exam allows us to bring a cheat sheet with us. Is there any way I can exploit this advantage to make the test even easier for me or should i just write formulas etc?

Last edited:

YonOra

HSC
wow.

I'd say all the relevant formulae are on the NESA formula sheet, and others that are absent (i.e. auxiliary angles), aren't too difficult to remember, I also don't know how far into the syllabus you are, so idk what to recommend in terms of formula's that aren't on the sheet.

I would include hard questions that include cool techniques you can use to approach questions. Idk how many of these there are in Yr11 maths, but If you've come across Qs you can see being in the exam, chuck them in.

OR what i would recommend. Ditch the formula sheet. Better prepare yourself for future exams. If you're relying on a cheat sheet, or using it in any way to gain marks, you want to avoid dependence.

DarkOperator618

HSC
My Maths extension 1 exam allows us to bring a cheat sheet with us. Is there any way I can exploit this advantage to make the test even easier for me or should i just write formulas etc?
could you guys imagine being this lucky

Everwinter

HSC
In my personal experience cheat sheet for maths are practically useless, unless some values like tan 60°= √3 you couldn't remember, or something that can be a bit confusing at the beginning like the conversion of the radians, you can write them down.
Some other notes such as the approach for some specific difficult questions that are guaranteed in the exam may also be written just in case if you forgot or panicked in the exam, an example of this would be the general approach towards 3d-trig or trig identities.
You may also encounter some very unique and smart methods of solving some questions in relation to your exam, they may give you some clues when you are stuck in some hard questions at the end.

But usually, maths exams have a tight time constraint, if they are not tight then you probably don't need a cheat sheet since your skill is above the course itself, if it is tight then you won't have the time or chance to really scout in your cheatsheet.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In my personal experience cheat sheet for maths are practically useless, unless some values like tan 60°= √3 you couldn't remember, or something that can be a bit confusing at the beginning like the conversion of the radians, you can write them down.
Some other notes such as the approach for some specific difficult questions that are guaranteed in the exam may also be written just in case if you forgot or panicked in the exam, an example of this would be the general approach towards 3d-trig or trig identities.
You may also encounter some very unique and smart methods of solving some questions in relation to your exam, they may give you some clues when you are stuck in some hard questions at the end.

But usually, maths exams have a tight time constraint, if they are not tight then you probably don't need a cheat sheet since your skill is above the course itself, if it is tight then you won't have the time or chance to really scout in your cheatsheet.
100% agree with this

YonOra

HSC
Its on the NESA formula sheet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)