Cheating in an exam (1 Viewer)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
0Jade0 said:
In maths sometimes, I just write things on my hands. Never cheated off someone else. They are too far away and usually i'm next to some moron. In bio i look at their multiple choice sheets and laugh at their mistakes.
:) Back in the old days, if you're caught, they take you to the kitchen and destroy your cheating ways.

Then you can't cheat on your hand anymore..

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
A few years back... in a multiple choice exams, some students (not me) in our class tried to cheat by using coughing to help each other
One cough meant A
Two coughs mean B....

It don't think it worked. I still think it's funny.

roadcone

HSC
In my english exam, one of the boys just got his notes out of his pocket during the exam and put them on the desk next him sort of covered by other paper and copied from them. The sad thing is that the teachers didn't notice.

ishq

brown?
HSC
We used to tap our pens on our desks for multiple choice - one for A, two for B etc... I think I've cheated in some shape or form in every exam other than my School Cert...especially maths...

I got caught once in Yr7 - I had all these random japanese letters all over my hand - i could never memorise them. I learnt my lesson after than lunchtime detention and wrote on my legs instead.
:D

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
Why do you guys cheat?
Its so unfair. This guy in my school last year (in Year 10) went to the toilet everytime in the maths exam and took some notes out and had a look at them. He then got good marks (80% and over). He then was able to do Extension Maths.

The funny thing was that earlier this year we did the 2u and 3u test and he failed.

When you cheat so much, sooner or later you cant live without cheating and then when you cant cheat then your stuffed.

still waiting

HSC
i can honestly say that ive never cheated, it shits me so much that people do, do it, i know theres one girl in my year that always cheats in legal the other day she had notes out on the floor the sad thing is though that she is really smart but she doesnt bother about studying and now she doesnt now how to do an exam without cheating as shes done it nearly all the way through high school and its so annoying especially when youve worked your arse off studying for it and then those who cheat get a better mark than you

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Napstar said:
chating is rong coz at the end your jsut cheat urself!
That's such a copout. If people cheat, let them - if you really want to, turn them in. Don't tell them it's wrong cos ppl have to make up their own mind about whether or not it's wrong. Anyway, it's not like the HSC actually tests how smart you are; and having said all that it's practically impossible to cheat in a way which enables you to actually get the right answers in an exam you have no clue about. It's just too difficult.

Pixydust*

ooooh....all this talk of the morality of it all is awakening my conscience...dammit...feel so....bad :(

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Damn conscience... wish it would shut up! ;)

But cheating in an exam is not actually that bad, specially if the exam is like the school cert or some crap, and specially compared to what you could be doing otherwise... if you feel bad about cheating, then don't.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
nope not exactly in exams, although i unintentionally have my shopping list arranged on my hand in a compromising order and take frequent breaks to the toilet =)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
FroZenWaffleS said:
Why do you guys cheat?
Its so unfair. This guy in my school last year (in Year 10) went to the toilet everytime in the maths exam and took some notes out and had a look at them. He then got good marks (80% and over). He then was able to do Extension Maths.

The funny thing was that earlier this year we did the 2u and 3u test and he failed.

When you cheat so much, sooner or later you cant live without cheating and then when you cant cheat then your stuffed.
going to the toilet during an exam?
i've never heard of it.
are the teachers dumb or something?

Libbster

HSC
I remember one time in the Prelim physics yearly I was going through my multiple choice sheet, making sure I had made any silly mistakes. Anyway after the exam, the guy that was in the row next to me said, 'i looked at your multiple choice while u were checking and thought shit! They're all different to mine!' lol

But as the saying goes, if u cheat in an exam, you are only cheating yourself

illin

Ill factor
HSC
well the trick to a good cheat is to
1. never carry the evidence on your body (you will get caught)
2. do it as quickly as possible, and be subtle
3. Do not get caught

I have kind of cheated on my last english assessment, got 14-15! but i dont think it was cheating. I kept writing when the time was up, say for about 3 mins while the teacher was collecting papers. Is that cheating. I have done it is history from about yr8-10 by keeping the essays in my pencil case and referring to them with the pencil case on my desk. (sooo easy!)

I wonder if someone as cheated in a proper exam under exam conditions, and none of this going t o the toilet and cheating cause u do waste time!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I used to cheat whenever I thought it was possible, but that was with subjects like geography and maths, which I knew I wasn't going to continue with for the HSC so it was really just to pass the course, not to put myself at an advantage.

In the half-yearlys I wrote overtime in my english exams.

The closest thing to cheating I did was looking at the paper on my desk and I could see through the cover sheet and read some of the questions before reading time started.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I know a guy that made a special code up (all symbols and shit), and wrote it all over his ruler. He'd get a ruler for every subject before an exam. He did this thru 7-10, and probably in primary school too :p

mimiian

HSC
I cheated in my year 11 yearly math exam by writing all the formulae on the inward part of my white school shirt, and in the half yearly by writing formulae in a tiny font on my rubbers. I also copied from a genius sitting in front of me in Physics. But the ironic thing is that EVERY SINGLE time I cheat, I ended up getting a shitty mark, I got like 29% for that physics exam, one of my lowest ever, plus my conscience always haunted me before and during the exams. I probably won't cheat again, since now I figure that the consequence of being caught in a HSC assessment is too great, crime doesn't pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)