Cheating on the HSC. How much of it goes on? (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
Well, not during the actual HSC exam. But for example, for an internal Ancient History assessment, I noticed in the morning (the exam was after lunch) that our teacher had the paper with her. So I talked to her to distract her, then slipped the exam into my bag.

I skipped class periods 2,3 and 4 and wrote my essay to the questions on the paper, and then took that in to the exam room and handed in my pre-written answers instead of what I wrote during the period. Came first in the form in that assessment.
i'm telling

HSC
Well, not during the actual HSC exam. But for example, for an internal Ancient History assessment, I noticed in the morning (the exam was after lunch) that our teacher had the paper with her. So I talked to her to distract her, then slipped the exam into my bag.

I skipped class periods 2,3 and 4 and wrote my essay to the questions on the paper, and then took that in to the exam room and handed in my pre-written answers instead of what I wrote during the period. Came first in the form in that assessment.
I hope you did well in the HSC exam and didn't drag down your year

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
OH! The vice captain at my school cheated as well. People would tell me how'd he'd always whisper to them during the mx1 assessments, begging for answers and barely achieving 30%. During the trials he did not do quite as well though, managing to scrape a mark 2%. But a mark well deserved I'm sure.

I've talked to him a few days ago, and he professed that he received an atar of 70, while there were rumours that he was not eligible for an atar for some reason.

knockii

Head spinning too much, can't find my bearings =(
HSC
lol, you can pretty much kiss your HSC goodbye if you do that.
Actually, during modules for Advanced English, I gave up even trying on the Bladerunner/Frankenstein (shit texts much?) section. Having 15 minutes left in the exam basically going nowhere with my essay, I resorted to venting my frustration with random erotic art and comic strips outlining my distaste for the HSC English course on each of the blank pages of the writing booklet. Despite the explicit language, still got my HSC, albeit I did apparently have 2 warnings from the supervisers for misconduct during exams... :S

One of my mates had his Essay on his iphone, and the Iphone between his thighs
I've got a friend who also did this for all his exams bar one...
Somehow he only had an ATAR of 70ish... Go Figure...

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i dont know about hsc, but with vce, the amount of effort required to cheat during an exam and the small boost it will give you, it seems better off just using the time you would use preparing to cheat studying, because it will probably help you more

Casablancas

HSC
our friends in the other business studies class would tell us the assessment essay questions so we could study during lunch. Made a HUGE difference since the top mark always came from our class

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I didn't cheat, but it always occurred to me it would be SO EASY to have a piece of paper with notes, go to toilet and read it in the cubicle, like seriously. Our supervisors didn't even come into the toilets, they just made sure you left the hall quietly.
If you didn't remember it while you study, it probably wouldn't be much help to you during exams. You'd probably have to keep going back and forth.

NewiJapper

HSC
With the introduction of Hiptops by Telstra, I have known many people that have used them in a test. They say they need to go for a bog and they txt the question quickly because of the qwerty keyboard. Getting the answer within 30 or so seconds from a reliable source.

In preliminary i just used to write the answers to things i couldnt be bothered remembering on my pencilcase, the teachers didnt seem to care or check it either.

megaman

HSC
Well I didnt really cheat because well Im pretty good at cramming however I did have an amusing time when my friend next to me went "Dammit I forgot my watch.....Dammit my glasses too...fuck! The clock on the wall is too far away now and I cant see it (due to lack of glasses)" I found this very very amusing.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
oh, and i and many others were able to continue our exams 10 minutes atfer they told us to put our pens down. mainly because theres alot of commotion :D

HSC
Worst I ever did was write the shape of the letter C on my hand for the 2 unit maths exam, reminded me to do +C for the integrals... yes I realise that's nothing.

paddy_mac

HSC
Well for one of my Maths SAC's I found the questions/answers on the internet. I wouldn't call it cheating though.

I remember my friend writing up a practice essay for English Language one day before our SAC. Thinking he was just practicing. Then I realise in the SAC that he's copying a piece of paper the size of an ipod. What a cheeky bastard. He was bludging so much and he got an A+ for it.

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
zomg cheeeting at sbhs :O

every time ive made the effort to cheat its because i didnt bother preparing for the exam lol. The only preparation i did in those situations was writing the cheat notes, which never ever came in handy because during the exam, i would always remember what i wrote on the cheatsheet anyway. So the cheatsheet ended up being useless.

so guys sitting 2010 hsc, perhaps you should convince yourselves youre going to cheat as a form of last min cramming haha.

William kamel

HSC

Oh that's a load of bull, u r not allowed to skip lessons even if it's b4 an assessment, that's mentioned in the HSC booklet, u damn lair.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Oh that's a load of bull, u r not allowed to skip lessons even if it's b4 an assessment, that's mentioned in the HSC booklet, u damn lair.
It is? O_O
During assessment week at my school (and I expect in many others), you only have to be at school for the assessment, there are no formal lessons held. And you don't even have to go to school if you don't have an assessment on that day.

I've never cheated. Don't see the point. Don't want a mark I didn't deserve.
And as for anyone who thinks cheating goes on at Ruse, if you ever tried to cheat in a Ruse assessment, you'd see how incredibly difficult it is. They check the paper you bring in. They check your calculator. They check your math aid. They check the toilets. If you need to go to the toilet during the exam, you have to sign the "Toilet Book". They then later investigate people who have signed the "Toilet Book". They walk up and down the aisles in incredibly annoying high heel shoes making sure your eyes are only on the exam paper and that you aren't doing anything suspicious.

philphie

Banned
HSC
It is? O_O
During assessment week at my school (and I expect in many others), you only have to be at school for the assessment, there are no formal lessons held. And you don't even have to go to school if you don't have an assessment on that day.

I've never cheated. Don't see the point. Don't want a mark I didn't deserve.
And as for anyone who thinks cheating goes on at Ruse, if you ever tried to cheat in a Ruse assessment, you'd see how incredibly difficult it is. They check the paper you bring in. They check your calculator. They check your math aid. They check the toilets. If you need to go to the toilet during the exam, you have to sign the "Toilet Book". They then later investigate people who have signed the "Toilet Book". They walk up and down the aisles in incredibly annoying high heel shoes making sure your eyes are only on the exam paper and that you aren't doing anything suspicious.

yeah still sound spretty easy to cheat

philphie

Banned
HSC
With the introduction of Hiptops by Telstra, I have known many people that have used them in a test. They say they need to go for a bog and they txt the question quickly because of the qwerty keyboard. Getting the answer within 30 or so seconds from a reliable source.

In preliminary i just used to write the answers to things i couldnt be bothered remembering on my pencilcase, the teachers didnt seem to care or check it either.

who are they texting to?

philphie

Banned
HSC
I didn't cheat, but it always occurred to me it would be SO EASY to have a piece of paper with notes, go to toilet and read it in the cubicle, like seriously. Our supervisors didn't even come into the toilets, they just made sure you left the hall quietly.

haha this reminds me of english paper 2 adv exam. before we entered the exam hall i was doing last minute study over some study notes, i then put them in my pocket and walked in, sat down, they ent through their formalities including the stuff on notes, at which point i forgot i had it in my blazer pocket. i even went to the lavatory during the exam still not knowing i had it.

lol biiigg missed opportunity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)