Chem syllabus question (2 Viewers)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jellybelly59 said:
LOL at u studious ppl... i can't do anything LOL how do u guys get out of holiday mode?
I got out of my holiday mode basically as soon as I got into the third day of my holiday. For the first two days of my holiday, I played about 10 hours of game each day but I elegantly planned how I would spend my holiday, what I would do and how I would come to achieve those objectives. Not all of them worked, of course but... it's great that I sticked to my initial plan. :D

Now - I am playing game to celebrate.

shaon0 said:
ok...my class just finished module 3 but i finished module 4 so i don't have to do any chem work for a while :p
Should you be revising any of your modules? I just do exercisises and module review from the textbook.
Yeah, I need to do some mole questions but whenever I get frustrated over questions, I want to kill myself and start a chain reaction of constant ranting and regretting for undertaking Chemistry in the first place. :mad:

Last edited:

ttong

HSC
start a chain reaction of constant ranting and regretting for undertaking Chemistry in the first place. :mad:[/quote said:
can i join? ;)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, I need to do some mole questions but whenever I get frustrated over questions, I want to kill myself and start a chain reaction of constant ranting and regretting for undertaking Chemistry in the first place. :mad:
Do you actually remember the formulas for moles? Just asking because it's way way way easier if you understand the concept of it being a big number. :hammer:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
Do you actually remember the formulas for moles? Just asking because it's way way way easier if you understand the concept of it being a big number. :hammer:
Yes, I did memorise it. But I sometimes do some really challenging questions and my head explodes out of that.

Ttong: join in! I have got more rooms for more people as well.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Yes, I did memorise it. But I sometimes do some really challenging questions and my head explodes out of that.

Ttong: join in! I have got more rooms for more people as well.
I want in. What's so hard about learning mole formulas?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
I want in. What's so hard about learning mole formulas?
learning mole formula is easy. My only problem is an occasional mis-interpretation of the question. But I am better now since I have practised it a bit.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
learning mole formula is easy. My only problem is an occasional mis-interpretation of the question. But I am better now since I have practised it a bit.
Yeah, I think with all Physics and Chemistry, knowing the Maths and formulae is the easiest part. The difficult bit is interpreting the question.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What are the formulas for moles?
n = m/M?

bored of sc

HSC
number of moles of substance (e.g. element, compound) = (mass of substance)/(relative atomic mass of subtance)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
· Choose resource and process information from secondary sources to construct and discuss the limitations of models of ionic lattices, covalent molecules and covalent and metallic lattices

I don't really get what it this is referring to.

If you know attach your note on this dot-point please.

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
· Choose resource and process information from secondary sources to construct and discuss the limitations of models of ionic lattices, covalent molecules and covalent and metallic lattices

I don't really get what it this is referring to.

If you know attach your note on this dot-point please.
We had to use play-dough and cocktail sticks to contruct each of the models of:
> a named ionic lattice (e.g. sodium chloride)
> a named covalent molecule (e.g. water)
> a named covalent (network) lattice (e.g. diamond)
> a named metal (e.g. iron)

So for the ionic lattice I used a ball and stick diagram to construct a unit cell of sodium chloride (see attachment).

For the covalent molecule I used a similiar digram but for water (again, see attachments).

For the covalent network lattice I used an allotrope of carbon: diamond (see attachments).

And for the metallic lattice I used iron to form a regular cubic arrangement of balls of play-dough stuck together (no diagram for this one).

More will be posted up later.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My assignment in regards to the dotpoint.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You guys are bloody awesome.

I don't remember doing anything on that by the way.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
You guys are bloody awesome.

I don't remember doing anything on that by the way.
Neither. I had no idea about this. :confused:

And hi Thomas. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)