Chemistry - General Thoughts (1 Viewer)

richz

i doubt they would ask for such a specific answer, weighing and all that bulshit

molar heat

what did everyone get for finding the mass, in the molar heat question was it like
0.67 something around that

mattplaysguitar

HSC
ha, i looked at that 7 marker question for 15 mins and though "WHAT THE FUCK???" then with 15 mins to go in the exam i looked again and went "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now i get ya, simple!" so i had only half a page left (righting bullshit stuff b4 to try and scum 1 mark from it) to write about all the stuff and then i did diagrams on top of me diagrams to show the reflux and distilation and bla bla bla. i also couldnt remember if it was an ester produced cause i forgot what an ethyl butanoate was, so i guessed an ester and got it right! so then i had to go back and change multiple coice! nother mark collected. but i dont recon u needed that much detail for 7 marks, i mean with 3 things to talk about and only 7 marks for it, it must only want a broad description, and many people wouldnt have even worked out what the question was. i thought it was some type of polymer at first, lol. over all though, went into chem with shit all study thinkin id fail, walked out very happy indeed, that first place i worked for in assessments wasnt wasted in the end!

asimz

HSC
Mr_Olympia said:
Very Very Easy.......... The calculations were dead easy and the formulas were also easy

I took the exam home and went over my answers minimun ill get is 95 CHERRING !! :) :) :) :)
u actually left 60 marks worth of questions in the examination room...
95% eh, yeah u sound heaps smart.

-DaNieL-

HSC
I was a bit disappointed in the variety of questions asked in the exam. Thought there would be more on the ethanol and acids and bases type questions. But overall it was an alright test...but i bummed out on calculations. I have no idea if i did it right, except for the TDS one (which you guys confirmed). I cant calculate things even if my life depended on it. Yet, i find 3unit and 2unit maths understandable...WTF?

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
hmmz.. fairly good paper... I actually forgot what the word 'reduce' meant >_< hahahahaha.... had a brain black out... couldn't access the definition section of my brain =)

richz

asimz said:
u actually left 60 marks worth of questions in the examination room...
95% eh, yeah u sound heaps smart.
lol, good post :D

sausage roll

Yeah. I thought the exam was overall pretty good. I'm just disappointed that they didn't ask half the stuff I studied, like isotopes, flame tests, etc.

Bokky

HSC
yeah where was the OZONE and the CFC and the monitoring and the hoo hoo and the haa haa??? It was good that they repeated the alkane and alkene question tho, coz i already did the past paper.

falltopieces

HSC
Bokky said:
yeah where was the OZONE and the CFC and the monitoring and the hoo hoo and the haa haa??? It was good that they repeated the alkane and alkene question tho, coz i already did the past paper.

Agreed. They seem to focus on the monitoring water quality stuff :)

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
definitely easier than last years paper!!! loved it... was so concerned bout failing this exam considering i had ipt yesterday and only started studying chem @ 6 pm yesterday... so... its was good.... had most of da questions that i knew!!!! except for dat incomplete combustion one...

tabularasa

HSC
Exam was easier than my trials. I needed additional pages for the 7 markers and got into the second booklet for the elective so hopefully there is some useful stuff in there. \
Biopolymer egh i hate biopolymers i was like i know i'll do biopol start writing intro 5 sec later and then i think i know nothing about biopol, oh well natural rubber it is then.

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
hmm...chem of art...

I forgot how to write an incomplete combustion eqn. Could that be the easiest prt?

Bokky

HSC
definitely easier than last years paper!!! loved it... was so concerned bout failing this exam considering i had ipt yesterday and only started studying chem @ 6 pm yesterday... so... its was good.... had most of da questions that i knew!!!! except for dat incomplete combustion one...
Yeah karen, i had to go to the dentist to get a root canal yesterday, ouchy :(, and before that i didnt study chem coz i was too nervous about the dentist surgery, but when i got home at around 5pm yesterday thats when i started studyin full on (well not so much) and this morning since 4:30am, and i still managed to pull it off :):)

oh and by the way incomplete combustion occurs when u have insufficient oxygen present for combustion ;) im mostly sure about that.

Last edited:

vwola

HSC
Exam was full of crap....actually....i was full of crap. Q's were relatively easy but i just couldnt do them. Kinda panicked at the beginning, cos didnt really have a chance to get ready, missed a bit of reading time....multiple choice was a killer...basically felt like crap throughout the exam >.<

Spent ages regurgitating equations...and....shipwrecks was a whole lotta crap for me. Very disappointed...not expecting anything over 75 raw. :(

zinzins

Question 27

Hey howd u guys go about answering question 27, that was the one where u had to complete the graph for the haber process and say what would happen with a decrease in volume?

richz

pressure increases and all the Le chatelier's prinicple crap

Bokky

HSC
i drew ammonia as increasing and i drew the hydrogen and nitrogen as decreasing beyond T2. Because it asked what would happen if the volume of the vessel was decreased, thus higher pressure and higher yield of ammonia. so i hope im right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)