Chemistry Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
Just because you found it easier doesn't reflect the rest of the student population. One student in the hall just gave up and left. Admittely he probably a bit simple, however quantitivae calculations only benefit MX2 nerds. there are also students who get marks from wordy question
that’s fair ig, from talking to friends most found it easier but a lot of us are better with quantitative stuff so it might not be super representative of everyone

jc7726

HSC
that test was so much nicer than i expected. i was thinking i was gonna get screwed over and maybe a raw 70 but if everything goes right i might get 90+

year10studentpreparin

HSC
that’s fair ig, from talking to friends most found it easier but a lot of us are better with quantitative stuff so it might not be super representative of everyone
I think its more that my mx2 mates study a lot more because thats expected of them and why they can do mx2 because of studying a lot rather than an advanced mate of mine who just plays video games all days and gets crap plus he fails advanced too

lounjg

HSC
how? I was trying to solve for 2 terms, (x being the change in equilibrium, y being the how much co2 was added). They said they were equal so keq = 1/x, I got this equation in the end.Screenshot 2023-10-27 174746.png didnt want to waste my last 20 mins trying to solve so i cut my losses. I still cant solve it lol.

jc7726

HSC
i don't know if they're talking abt something completely different, but you might have been able to use concentrations to find how much was added instead. since [CO2] = [CO] let [CO2] = x
x/x^2 = 10
x = 10x^2
1=10x
x = 0.1 for the conc of both

jc7726

HSC
how? I was trying to solve for 2 terms, (x being the change in equilibrium, y being the how much co2 was added). They said they were equal so keq = 1/x, I got this equation in the end.View attachment 41177 didnt want to waste my last 20 mins trying to solve so i cut my losses. I still cant solve it lol.
sorry meant to reply, ^

lounjg

HSC
i don't know if they're talking abt something completely different, but you might have been able to use concentrations to find how much was added instead. since [CO2] = [CO] let [CO2] = x
x/x^2 = 10
x = 10x^2
1=10x
Yeah this is correct
lol i think of these long ass equations but not smth simple. Also for q31 i done an absoprbance of 0.56 insted of 0.66 RIPP. I also squared the wrong number when finding keq max 4 marks theyre giving me

dumNerd

HSC
Why was there no non basic theory what so ever in this exam bruh.

I mean I think chem should be this way but unfortunate for people who don’t have calculations as their strong suits

=)(=

HSC
x/x^2 = 10
x = 10x^2
1=10x
pretty sure i got 0.169 added

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)