Chemistry Trial (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
i don't understand moles that well either. I can't balance equations.

i got 85% :)

ruski_gal

i got 66.5% too. That was 2nd in my class. Top was 69% bottom was 12%. There are only 8 of us in the class too.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
i reckon my schools bottom is much worse than 12% :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i think my class average was 43%, the other class was 52%, even though was got the highest mark of 92......we sucked

for people who have trouble with the moles calculation, like me, just forget about them and focus on other facts, the moles only worth what?? 5 marks maximum. If you get the other correct, you'll get 95 :) Not bad huh? considering you really didn't *master* the course :)

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
moles is something not too hard to learn. I'd sugguest you learn it. Be a nerd and go up to your teacher after class to ask him. Ask someone in your class who got those questions right to explain it to you. 5 marks is a LOT of marks, especially when theres people getting 94% :p

I got 92 :D equal first with my half brother >P I still beat ya in ranking!!! MUhuAhUAhUAHhua :gridnod:

Jackson

i got my mark 2day and got 74%... might get extra marks coz of marking mistakes... so about 76%

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Was there any type of extreme questions in your trial paper? Something that you guys didn't expect??

In our paper, there was the question on the red cabbage experiment... it asked for the results for the experiment... ie the colour changes. I got half for getting some of it right, but that question was unexpected.

~Dreamer

HSC
got 63%, he marked really hard and theres a few marks im supposed to get which he admitted, i dont think he can change it though! i came 4th, highest was 80%, just as well, didnt study as much as others :lol: do better next time

captnbuttons

Hey! i ended up with a 72, i was NOT happy i lost my first place ranking which i had worked so hard for all year!!! tear lol! ah well.. I lost it by .5 of a mark haha can u believe it? ahh anyways!! i know what stuffed me up! unexpected questions as well as silly mistakes! i did the cssa trial and that glucose fermentation question threw me! I didn't know we had to knwo that entire experiment, i only knew the ocnditions and equationa nd it didn't ask for any of that :'( and multiple choice i stuffed a little too... ah well plenty of room for p[ractise! lol Im so glad i passed tho! cause i find chem really hard!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
there was a 4 mark question on the Buffer, i left it blank coz i had no idea what the heck that was.......I couldn't even write ONE words on it
There was an 8 mark question about the titration process which i only got 2.....very pathetic

Did anyone lost one mark for not putting the double arrow for the equilibrium process of the production of ammonia? Half of the class lost 1 mark for it, excluding me...YEAH!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yes, we had the red cabbage question and the buffer question too!!! And a 9 mark question on the NaOH cells in Industrial Chem!!!!

Nedzy

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Yes, we had the red cabbage question and the buffer question too!!! And a 9 mark question on the NaOH cells in Industrial Chem!!!!
I got this exam, as well, it was reasonably challenging

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Does anyone know what exam it was, like the independent or catholic or whatever? Just out of curiosity!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l got 23.5%...

I know its shit

I might just crawl into the corner and cry now :(

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Does anyone know what exam it was, like the independent or catholic or whatever? Just out of curiosity!

catholic secondary schools association of new south wales

sunken eyes

HSC
you do both papers on one day tia? my hand was wretched after doing them consecutivel over two days. you'll be paralysed!
as for physics vs. chem, ireckon physics was harder, but it only asked questions which were predictable. theres so much airy fairy crap to learn in chem, and thats always the stuff which brings me down. but thats just me. the concepts of chem itself ids simpler. depends whether you can handle the bs.

Last edited:

Dangar

Did anyone lost one mark for not putting the double arrow for the equilibrium process of the production of ammonia?
Yes!!! I was so annoyed at that, cos i got 96% and i lost all my marks on petty stupid mistakes like that. I can see the point, and why i was wrong, but now i'm confused with other reactions when to make them reversible or not.

Viper

HSC
Originally posted by Nedzy
anyone doing physics as well????
How do they find doing them both??
Which one do they find easier???
I am doing both Physics and chemistry. I think i can confidently say that I find Chemistry harder than Physics. Most of the time, physics makes sense to me because i can 'visualise it. But i cant in chemistry... dont know why.. Im interested in Physics more, so thats probably why i understand it better.

Cheers

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by Nedzy
anyone doing physics as well????
How do they find doing them both??
Which one do they find easier???
I did both, and I did better in physics than chem, but they're both close. Like viper, i like physics more, but for me its harder to understand some concepts but seems like a small amount of work, but chem is a lot of remembering but easier concept. They both have their advantages, but yeah physics was easier at the time when I was doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)