• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

China banned Ugly girl and forced cute girl to Lip Synch (1 Viewer)

alansarim

HSC
I believe their are many mistakes in the China Olympics, just like any other event, but the media is making them big because its in 'China' and not another country...

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
gavvsy said:
i can understand the actions taken by the chinese olympic officials (who r under a lot of pressure from the chinese gov't). they ave to present a good image of china and it is probably the last olympics that china will hold
Well they're overdoing it, and so are pretty much doing the opposite of what they want to show

SimonLee13

HSC
Combination of perfect voice and image... what the hell. Lin Miaoke is going to receive fame and recognition for something she didn't do, and the other two got screwed over. Totally screwed up.

mimiian

HSC
lip synchronisation happens ALL THE TIME, everywhere, even in Australia or Europe. There is such a big fuss about the news only because it happened in China and it's related to the Olympics. Don't blame others for what you would do yourself.

Vulpix

Banned
HSC
I think it's awful and to think the 'prettier' girl would have gotten all the credit... What else was fake? I heard the fireworks were too.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
thats terriblee...
imagine what that must've done to that poor girls self esteeemm..
this kinda contradicts the whole ' everyones special in their own way ' theoryy...
giving the pretty girl looks & credit for something shes not even good at because she looks ' cuter '
personally i like the other child better...
its normal to have crooked teeth at 7
the other girl had it too.. all hers just fell out then regrew
sheesh.
:mad1:

Garygaz

HSC
mimiian said:
lip synchronisation happens ALL THE TIME, everywhere, even in Australia or Europe. There is such a big fuss about the news only because it happened in China and it's related to the Olympics. Don't blame others for what you would do yourself.
Lol@Chinese patriotism

Lip sinking, yea, no one cares.

SWITCHING the performer, on the other hand, and giving recognition to another person due to looks... how do you think that is for the kids self esteem and anyone suffering from problems of what they look like. Yea, righto, tell me you think that is ok.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Not trying to defend China or anything. But don't you think it's great they could do something like that? I'm sure that other girl is proud to have had her voice heard by the world anyway. You guys are just too politically correct.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Snaykew said:
No it only happens in China because China wants to invade the world.
Yea probably. And what are you going to do about it? Sit there and cry, let me guess.

HSC
Omnidragon said:
Not trying to defend China or anything. But don't you think it's great they could do something like that? I'm sure that other girl is proud to have had her voice heard by the world anyway. You guys are just too politically correct.
umm, the girl who is singing should be the one that everyone see's a voice when your singing is ones own it is a personal thing, I would not like someone else who may be prettier to lipsync to my voice.

MissSarajevo

HSC
In their quest for perfection the chinese made themselves to be the joke of the world.

In china you can see job ads like this " Office assistant wanted, must be sexy, fair skinned and tall. etc etc.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Somebody remind me again why they gave the 2008 Olympics to China?

darkwolfzx said:
Yeah, for some reason China avoids significantly more stable and secure free software like Linux and Firefox. It would appear to be about 'prestige'; Microsoft seems more glamourous to them.

Which is funny because they generally prefer to pirate it instead of buy it, which Microsoft has even said is 'good' because it means less copies of Linux being adopted. :rolleyes:

That said, I saw a BSOD on a Commonwealth ATM the other day. I strongly caution people not to hold an account with the Commonwealth bank.

Last edited:

Applikation

HSC
Sounds like those Chinese officials were the only ones with enough balls to stand up to that crooked teeth slut.

bawd

HSC
Congrats to Chen Qigang who decided to go against his vow of secrecy. Lin Miaoke is very pretty, but Yang Peiyi should have been allowed to sing nonetheless. I am ashamed of my home country.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Omnidragon said:
Yea probably. And what are you going to do about it? Sit there and cry, let me guess.
Silence you communist sympathiser. Your day will come.

MissSarajevo said:
In china you can see job ads like this " Office assistant wanted, must be sexy, fair skinned and tall. etc etc.
Lol I get it. You can't be tall in China. Good one MissSarajevo. You are so clever.

Slidey said:
Yeah, for some reason China avoids significantly more stable and secure free software like Linux
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most people avoid significantly more stable and secure software like Linux and Firefox. Although Firefox is creeping up. Most users probably have no idea what Linux is.

Slidey said:
That said, I saw a BSOD on a Commonwealth ATM the other day. I strongly caution people not to hold an account with the Commonwealth bank.
Oh shit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)