"Chinese Takeaway" (1 Viewer)

supercharged

HSC
N/A

Kittycat

HSC
supercharged said:
It seems rather sus that a former dissident would be trusted with information on spies, he's probably making outlandish claims against the chinese government so that he will hopefully get jailed, thereby increasing his chance at claiming aslyum in Australia
get jailed? :confused: y would he be jailed?
Anyway, I find this situation really suspicious. Why did he walk out? Why is he so afraid to return? What has he done that is so wrong in the first place? I don't get it. If he didn't do anything wrong, why on Earth is he so afraid to return home? China isn't a bad place, flawed but its not like you get arrested by the police & beaten up just cuz you were walking down the street or something. Maybe he is just making things up so he can stay here.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
bleh, lock him away into Baxter or Woomera detention centre for a couple of years and see if he still wants to live in Australia :rolleyes:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Am I good or what?
I repeat, what's Chinese for Petrov?

Kittycat

HSC
transcendent said:
If you love China so much why don't you go live there? :rolleyes:
whoa! We are only saying that what he is saying & doing appears suspicious. Nobody professed their love for China as far as I can see & I would live there if I know the language well which I don't.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Kittycat said:
whoa! We are only saying that what he is saying & doing appears suspicious. Nobody professed their love for China as far as I can see & I would live there if I know the language well which I don't.
He was responding to phanatical. However, in general, it seems as though a number of people on this board fail to even adjust their rose-tinted glasses when discussing China. We should all try and be more open to alternative views from time to time, I think.

Kittycat

HSC
Generator said:
He was responding to phanatical.
Ooops, my apology.

Generator said:
However, in general, it seems as though a number of people on this board fail to even adjust their rose-tinted glasses when discussing China. We should all try and be more open to alternative views from time to time, I think.
Okey, I see your point there.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
He is a traitor not just to the People's Republic, the country - but the People of the People's Republic. He's betrayed the Chinese people to promote an evil cult, in an attempt to further his own self-interests at the expense of the thousands of lives that Falun Gong destroys every year.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:
Why not just ban anyone foreign from working in ASIO? I know this wouldn't completely fix the problem (eg China might recruit aussies etc), but it would go a long way towards it imo.
he's a diplomat employed by the chinese govt
and you can't do that. it's discrimination, outlawed by state and govt legislation

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Generator said:
He was responding to phanatical. However, in general, it seems as though a number of people on this board fail to even adjust their rose-tinted glasses when discussing China. We should all try and be more open to alternative views from time to time, I think.
lol, were you talking about me?
I think though going through all this conspiracy theory stuff is kind of ridiculous, this is the kind of thing that entangles govts in disasters. like vietnam! omg omg Vietnam. I was studying that just then. americans are such presumptuous arseholes. back to topic.
frankly I think he is doing this to stay in australia. cashing in on all the aversion aussies have to the persecution of the falun gong. a heap of people have exploited western attitudes to communism etc to gain permanent residency somewhere, like the students involved in the protests that led to the Tiananmen (I'm going to use 'event' instead of 'massacre') event - all of them got to stay in America, that child psychology student went on and did a business degree at Harvard.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think though going through all this conspiracy theory stuff is kind of ridiculous, this is the kind of thing that entangles govts in disasters.
So... you're saying there are 'no' chinese spies?
like vietnam! omg omg Vietnam. I was studying that just then. americans are such presumptuous arseholes.
ummm ok? Vietnam seems to have nothing to do with anything =/
frankly I think he is doing this to stay in australia. cashing in on all the aversion aussies have to the persecution of the falun gong.
That's a fair enough assumption.
a heap of people have exploited western attitudes to communism etc to gain permanent residency somewhere, like the students involved in the protests that led to the Tiananmen (I'm going to use 'event' instead of 'massacre') event
And with this you lose all credibility...
- all of them got to stay in America
OMG those bastards!!! Off with their heads :rolleyes:
that child psychology student went on and did a business degree at Harvard.
....Lucky guy? I don't get this comment are you claiming it was all a big scam?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
cherryblossom said:
he's a diplomat employed by the chinese govt
and you can't do that. it's discrimination, outlawed by state and govt legislation
But you must agree that someone born overseas is infinitely more likely to be working as a spy than someone born within our own borders. I'm sorry if I'm sounding paranoid/racist, but I think our national security is somewhat more important than being politically correct.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
falun gong are a bunch of unemployed derros with nothing better to do than sit around chinatown chanting all day next to their protest boards

K

katie_tully

Damned if you believe it, damned if you don't.
There's nothing racist in saying that it's a possibility, infact it would be stupid and naïve to disagree with it vehemently...
Especially in light of China's recent economic growth :uhhuh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kittycat

HSC
Phanatical said:
He is a traitor not just to the People's Republic, the country - but the People of the People's Republic. He's betrayed the Chinese people to promote an evil cult, in an attempt to further his own self-interests at the expense of the thousands of lives that Falun Gong destroys every year.
You appear very passionate about this :D

supercharged said:
falun gong are a bunch of unemployed derros with nothing better to do than sit around chinatown chanting all day next to their protest boards
They camp out just behind my campus. Their office is there, in front of the Chinese Consulate. They stand there everday handing out these papers to anyone one that walks past, & especially to those who goes in or out of the consulate. Its annoying.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
That's a much better arguement, mainly cause I find members of Falun Gong annoying having their branch right next to my faculty I want to firebomb it.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Kittycat said:
You appear very passionate about this :D

They camp out just behind my campus. Their office is there, in front of the Chinese Consulate. They stand there everday handing out these papers to anyone one that walks past, & especially to those who goes in or out of the consulate. Its annoying.
You at the 'library'? I'm at Com labs :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)