Choice of Wordsworth (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
heya all u fellow 'in the wild' ppl who do wordsworth and malouf. never fear, u r not alone! the rest of us r suffering along with u...and suffering...and suffering. anyway, what i was wondering was, out of the choice of WW poems, how many r ppl going to talk about, and which ones? i was thinking of focusing mostly on Tintern Abbey and The Prelude, and then doing another one in less detail (depending on the question). how about u?

za

HSC
i havnt really talked about them separately.
iv talked about them all (except the sinking moon one), but iv kinda jumbled bits and pieces from each.

cameron0110

HSC
I took a different approach and I talk about The Prelude and Tintern Abbey in a fair amount of detail and that's it. I mean within those two you get pretty much all of the Romantic ideas and stuff like that anyway which are sort of repeated in the other poems, plus I personally find it easier to just work with two rather than bits and pieces from everything, but I figure there's no right way of doing it. Its all good.

za

HSC
this is roughly the structure of my essay:
intro
context
exiles
sustainer
god in nature
wat nature taught ovid & wordsworth (main part)
children in nature
conc

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
sounds good 2 me dude! :)
mines fairly similiar, just in a different order basically. i think most ppls r gunna be fairly similiar...pity really, means u have 2 be heaps beta than every1 else 2 stand out! *sigh*

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
za said:
wat do u mean by that
oh, i dont know if theres really much need for refrence to critical theorists in this module. i think ive only really seen 1 or 2 questions where it would even be relevant. i mean, qute often they ask stuff like 'Imagine you have been on a tour and have to write the travel brochure etc.' and it really wouldnt apply to that osrt of question. i included romanticism in themes - i know its not one, but i talk about it in terms of the different aspects of romanticism, like theory on the nature of children etc.

lalaynie

our teachers have trold us they could specify a poem so we have to all them in fairly close detail... they also said that when we went over the trial it would be good i.e band 6 to quote from theorists to back up the persepctive you put forward, which would have been particularly relevant for the catholic trial question, but i guess it all depends on the question, cos it wouldnt really work for last yrs hsc quest.... anyways, good luck kids, i hate ww.. and malouf, so heres to my big fat chunky fail...

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
Wild Child

Yeah, my teacher told us that they could ask us on a specific poem... but I think I will take my chances. I am looking at Tintern Abbey and Lucy Strange Fits bla bla bla. My essay structure is similar to yours, but a bit more mushed together. I don't think we have to worry about being that much better than everybody else, as I do not think that there many others having to suffer studying Wordsworths poetry! Father of the Romantics MY ASS!

za

HSC
can u guys please giv an example of a quote from a theorist that u might use, coz our teacher didnt mention anything about this.

the questions

I am with Za.......What do you mean critical theorists.....?!?!?!...I thought this was one module safe from the sticky hands of theorists......!!!!
Do you mean literary theorists or Romantic or what>!

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
well, critics of WW and Malouf - at their time and ours (though its pretty much the same for malouf...).
as to them asking for a specific poem - they've asked you specifically on both tintern abbey and the prelude in the past, but you were expected to also use material from the other poems in your response. theres only a couple of poems, so it shouldn't be too hard to kow them all well.

Tammie

I think the easiest way to approach the question is through what the poems explore in relation to mans connection with the wild and how this is done and its effect. I chose to do 2 Tintern and Beauteous evening with references small ones to the Prelude. What you have to remember you have 40 mins to write on both WW and Malouf so you cant do all the poems and doing 2 with fleeting reference will show knowledge and you'll still have enough time to include some detail, remember is quality and not so much quantity if you have an average length but more detail your bound to get better marks then just outlining or describing some aspects of each poem

winicat

HSC
and don't any of you forget your pretty little poppy scene because the poppy scene is all important, the most important, DON'T FORGET IT!!! *breathe...*

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
wini, what have you been playing with the poppies again?
yes, 2-3 should be enough. however, its still important to know them all because they can ask for one poem. the prelude is also good to know in great detail because it deals with all of the themes of the other poems, rather than just one or two aspects - so its great to tie everything together with and anchor your argument.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I handed in a practice essay and my teacher said my essay becomes more like a list than an integrated response. So...how do I integrate the response? Do I have to link every paragraph back to the concept of 'In the Wild' because apparantly linking it to the context, question and then a comparison isn't enough...if that makes any sense at all.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Tintern Abbey. Solitary Reaper and some stuff about the Prelude here and there :)

oh and an interesting fact. Even before this HSC module came out, the final chapter/section of An Imaginary Life was considered too "Wordsworthian"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)