• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Choice of Wordsworth (1 Viewer)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
can they specify which poem's we need to use? I think I heard that someone on the advice line said they could.

cameron0110

HSC
small town said:
I am with Za.......What do you mean critical theorists.....?!?!?!...I thought this was one module safe from the sticky hands of theorists......!!!!
Do you mean literary theorists or Romantic or what>!

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The theorists Donshe was talking about are people like Hartley and Associationism for WW and stuff like Lacan's psychoanalysis and Saussure's Semiotics on Malouf... among others.

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Yea, they *can* specify the poem, but then again they could also specify the text from the journeys booklet. There isn't a high chance they will specify I don't think...or rather I hope...

cameron0110

HSC
VVoody said:
Yea, they *can* specify the poem, but then again they could also specify the text from the journeys booklet. There isn't a high chance they will specify I don't think...or rather I hope...
Actually if u read the blurb at the beginning of the journeys booket it says something along the lines of 'this is a prescribed text in which students must refer to a text they select' or something like that so they can't actually specify a journeys booklet text... but I think they can specify a poem so that doesn't help at all

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
well, now that its over i guess this doesnt matter much, well to this years students at least. to the best of my knowledge theyve never specificed a journeys text from the stimulus booklet but left it open to interpretation. they have, however, on more than one occassion specified one of WW poems to be the principle focus of the essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)