Choosing a Uni/Course (1 Viewer)

BigBadBader

HSC
i am currently in Year 12 and although i have always known i want to do something with IT it is becoming very confusing when it comes to Unis. i looked over multiple unis and cant seem to decide which is better and why. i eventually want to major in Networking and then into Network Security.

the only course that seems to tickle my fancy in UTS : Bach. of Science in IT. (No science at all, just like the Bach. IT but no scholarship).
any suggestions?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Look at the handbooks of each of the courses that look interesting to you
Read some of the individual subjects that you might be interested in
Look which uni gives you other opportunities than just education (this could include work experience/placement, social life (including some societies), etc)
Ask around, go to open days, ask friends, people who go to particular unis, people doing those particular degrees, etc

But other than that, I can't help you since I don't know anything about IT courses :p sorry :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
i am currently in Year 12 and although i have always known i want to do something with IT it is becoming very confusing when it comes to Unis. i looked over multiple unis and cant seem to decide which is better and why. i eventually want to major in Networking and then into Network Security.

the only course that seems to tickle my fancy in UTS : Bach. of Science in IT. (No science at all, just like the Bach. IT but no scholarship).
any suggestions?
Do you want to see some of the work done in the bachelor of science in IT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)