choosing related texts (1 Viewer)

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Hmm, im starting to looking for some related text for discovery and im wondering if I am allowed to choose a book (1st book) of a trilogy as a related text and, if I am, is it recommended? Like will I get less marks than a book that is by itself and doesnt have a book 2 or book 3 that follows it? Thank you :)

Axio

=o
HSC
It will make no difference whether it's part of a trilogy or not.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Great :D and here just another question about writing the name of the text on paper if it's part of a trilogy.. do I need to include the name of the trilogy? For example: (Name of text): (title of trilogy). Or I do just write the title of the book?

aanthnnyyy

HSC
hey guys is the great gatsby a good choice for discovery ?

Therese98

HSC
wait so.. you're not allowed to use it or is it just frowned upon?
I think it's just frowned upon, because the point of related texts is that you have to think for yourself and apply your knowledge to other texts, in your own way.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Bump for my question.. (do you need to include the title of the trilogy when writing the name of the novel that belongs in it?) Im getting yes and no responses from my mates. :/

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
^ I've always been told it's better to avoid films that have recently come out as it might be too pop culturish / Hollywood. But that just might be my school :S

Axio

=o
HSC
^ I've always been told it's better to avoid films that have recently come out as it might be too pop culturish / Hollywood. But that just might be my school :S
True. There is a much older film version of it though :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)