Choosing subjects for year 12 (1 Viewer)

haytchpea

HSC
Just curious what subjects people are doing next year/in term 4?
I'm doing:
3 unit English
3 unit maths
3 unit latin
3 unit history (modern and extension)

and im dropping chem yay

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Right now, I'm doing:
1. English Advanced
2. English Extension 1
3. Mathematics
4. Mathematics Extension 1

5. Accelerated Business Studies
6. Economics
7. Physics

I'll be dropping English Extension 1 and I will have already finished my HSC for Business Studies.

So I'll be doing 9U in Year 12, with 2U completed already.

mollytee

HSC
Right now, I'm doing:
1. English Advanced
2. English Extension 1
3. Mathematics
4. Mathematics Extension 1

5. Accelerated Business Studies
6. Economics
7. Physics

I'll be dropping English Extension 1 and I will have already finished my HSC for Business Studies.

So I'll be doing 9U in Year 12, with 2U completed already.
How are you finding physics? :)

sumtgk

HSC
N/A
If I improve my marks in maths I'm gonna drop engineering and pick up 4U, otherwise I might stick with my 13 units

crimp

HSC
If I improve my marks in maths I'm gonna drop engineering and pick up 4U, otherwise I might stick with my 13 units
Similar to me, I was planning on dropping software and swapping out bio or engineering for 4U. Haven't decided which one yet though, bio is fun but rote but I want to do engineering in uni

sumtgk

HSC
N/A
Similar to me, I was planning on dropping software and swapping out bio or engineering for 4U. Haven't decided which one yet though, bio is fun but rote but I want to do engineering in uni
yeah I wanted to do engineering in uni last year, but now doing it I can't stand the maths part of it, like finding friction and strains and what not. The material science is pretty interesting tho

Last edited:

Killua101

HSC
yea im considering picking up 4 unit but dont know if i should drop bio or economics. Someone help plzzz
My subjects right now are:
Maths Ext1 and 2 unit
Phys
Chem
Eng Adv
Bio
Eco

haytchpea

HSC
yea im considering picking up 4 unit but dont know if i should drop bio or economics. Someone help plzzz
My subjects right now are:
Maths Ext1 and 2 unit
Phys
Chem
Eng Adv
Bio
Eco
id drop bio
so much content

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Legit? I don't think I can do this any longer, I'm almost at the point where i don't give a shit if i get a n award
Yes! Really :) I felt the same, I was getting 18/20 for everything in Preliminary, but the thing that made me want to drop it so hard when I was in Year 10.

But HSC Business is much more organised in four big topics: Operations, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources
IMO Operations and Marketing are the more fun topics, Finance is a slightly challenging one which divides the class up a bit and H.R is ALL about memorising memorising - well, Business is all about memorising information.

It is honestly by far one of the easier 90+ HSC mark, as long as you put work and effort into it, like every other class! And I'm happy that I kept it.

BUT I'm not stopping you from taking Japanese Extension 1 instead, I just know that A LOT of Business Studies students wanted to drop because Preliminary content is such a bore T_____T.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)