Christian Uganda proposes death penalty for HIV positive gays (1 Viewer)

spartan31234

HSC
You can dismiss my post as trolling but you cannot deny the fact that the creator has givin us guidance in how to rule our lives. Who are we to not fulfill what the creator has asked?
man this guys not a Muslim, i bet u this person is a reporter from today tonight, who has nothing better to report on and so starts trolling on BOS for a story.

anonymous.92

HSC
If it's so clear then why were women subjugated under the taliban, disallowed to drive and vote in Saudi Arabia and treated like vermin in Iran. I think you're being a bit disingenuous young lady.

Btw, if a man asked for your 6 year old daughter's hand in marriage would you agree? If it's good enough for the prophet.....
The majority of muslims don't agree with the Taliban or Saudi Arabia's drving and voting laws, as they are clearly wrong.

And the Prophet did not marry his wife at six. They were married when she was past the age of puberty.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
I never get how muslim extremists blow up mosques with intentions of promoting Islam. =s

anonymous.92

HSC
If the issue of women's rights is so clear than why do the Saudis have these shit laws. It's more ambiguous than you're making it out to be.

It's a well accepted fact that the prophet married 6 year old Aisha and sexed her when she was 9.
You can't just say, "They are muslim. They are doing bad things. Therefore, Islam teaches bad things." Because that formula would apply to any religion.

At nine, the marriage was consummated, and she was above the age of puberty then.

HSC
N/A
You can't just say, "They are muslim. They are doing bad things. Therefore, Islam teaches bad things." Because that formula would apply to any religion.

At nine, the marriage was consummated, and she was above the age of puberty then.
so umm in modern day terms he was a pedophile?

anonymous.92

HSC
so umm in modern day terms he was a pedophile?
No, because in modern day times, pedophilia is relative depending upon the society in which you live. For example, in one society the age of consent is sixteen but in another it would be seventeen. But that does not mean that one who chooses to engage in sexual activity with a person who is sixteen in the former society is a pedophile.

So basically, a pedophile is one who rapes children that are legally defined as children by the society they are living in. That is true even in modern times.

HSC
N/A
No, because in modern day times, pedophilia is relative depending upon the society in which you live. For example, in one society the age of consent is sixteen but in another it would be seventeen. But that does not mean that one who chooses to engage in sexual activity with a person who is sixteen in the former society is a pedophile.

So basically, a pedophile is one who rapes children that are legally defined as children by the society they are living in. That is true even in modern times.
ohk. so in islamic countries the age is 5?

HSC
N/A
Forget about societal decrees for a moment. Say that we were trapped on a deserted island and I wanted to marry your 6 year old daughter. I will then proceed to sex her. Would you be fine with that?
u have to convert to islam but

Tangent

HSC
It wasn't an intervention dude. An intervention is precisely that, an intervention. Funneling arms isn't intervention, it's intrusion.
It doesnt matter what you call it. They chucked Hussein in, and got them to try and attack Iran. This scheme really came to bite them back in the metaphorical arse. I agree with you, the situation in Iran is atrocious, the fact that Karzai effectively legalised rape earlier this year. As i said before!!! this isnt a thread to do with the middle east situation. Human rights abuse is everywhere in the world, and should be all fought, not just the ones that are most significant to you.
Preventing AIDS from medicine as you say is fantastic. Let's do it.
However, educating people to engage in abstinence is the best way to prevent AIDS. Africans are a backward people and distributing condoms will almost certainly result in an increase in promiscuity. Africa is not the place to be testing your liberal agendas. I'm sorry but it's not.
Educating people to engage in abstinence?? Stop chucking words in my mouth. Educate people about the affects of AIDs, how it is contracted, and how to prevent it.
I find your prejudice against african people really sad. How the heck can you group a whole continent of people into one group?
I'd like to see factual evidence that distributing condoms promotes promiscuity. If they are going to have sex, they are going to have sex, with or without contraception. Even taking into account what you have said, distribute them anyway-because lots of sex and NO AIDs is going to always be better than little sex and lots of AIDs.
If you're so concerned about the world as you claim you are then petition about the gross abuse of human rights in Iran. We didn't tell Khomeni to take the country back the stone age. That was their choice. It's a classic case of leave the Muzzis alone and persecute the Christians. It's outrageous.
I'm pretty sure this thread is titled "Christian Uganda proposes death penalty for HIV positive gays"
Sure, if there was a thread called "gross abuse of human rights in Iran", id give more than my two cents worth.

The section indicting innocent people should and will be amended. It's not a tenable section of the legislation.
The whole thing should be scrapped. Period. It is a disgusting abuse of human rights.
Christians aren't supposed to swear? Well shit happens buddy. People swear.
Swearing doesn't demean my agrument. I find that it complements it.
I find it shows how immature you are, but then again, that is just my view. People might actually look up to you, because you use big persons speak.
Religion is merely a facade used to substantiate their actions amongst the uneducated lower class.
.......it'll click soon

Last edited:

tizona

HSC
Sister you are wrong. A woman is Islam is worth half of a man. However you are still considered human and only just above the rights of an animal. I encourage you to read the al-quran once more,
are you playing dumb, or are you seriously stupid?

Tangent

HSC
The Africans can be taught about the affects of AIDS, how it is contracted and preventative measures. Central to this education is endorsing the need for abstinence and the primacy of abstinence.

I'm not going to give factual evidence for something that is a matter of common sense. More condoms invites more sex = promiscuity. How is that untruth?

Less sex = Africans upholding their Christian obligations = Good
Much sex = Africans disregarding their Christian obligations = Bad.
Abstinence has nothing to do with this what so ever, and if Christianity can be taken out of the mix, all the better, because it is obviously the indirect cause of the mass loss of lives. Chuck condoms on and everything is fixed. Everyone still gets to have sex, noone contracts aids by sexual intercourse, and there is no need for discriminatory legislation that effectively makes it punishable by death for being attracted to the same sex.
And i still dont see how condoms promote promiscuity, please provide evidence
This right is not a universal human right. Who are we as Westerners to tell Ugandan's which laws they can and cannot legislate?
"Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty." -Article 2

"Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person."-Article 3

"All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination."-Article 7

Do i need to continue to show how many articles of the UDHR this legislation walks all over?
Nothing has clicked because there is nothing that justifies a click. My point was that religion is not inherently evil and it does not cause wars. It doesn't justify them. They may me abused by pernicious individuals in order to sate their agendas but that doesn't make them evil.

For instance, a cricket bat isn't a weapon because it is used as such. Similarly, religion is not a weapon because it is abused as such.
My point is that you're using religion to your own ends.
You're agreeing with parts of this legislation. Your religion promotes love and peace for EVERYONE, yet you endorse the killing that is happening/will happen (as you said in your first post). I dont understand

Last edited:

Universalis

HSC
There is only one solution to this problem. It's time to bring colonialism back and return economic growth to the third-world countries.. It's obvious virtually all African countries do not know how to rule themselves efficiently. Therefore, I believe Africa, and perhaps the Middle-East and some of the very poor countries of Asia should be divided up amongst the Western countries who understand how to govern efficiently.

Otherwise, Africa will be locked into continual tribal warfare and implement silly policies like the one present in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)