Chronic headaches (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey..

Is anyone suffering form constant headaches during the HSC period, like me .. ive gotten heaches every since business paper.. and i havnet been studying properly...

anyone know how to cure them? OMG... ive tried:
panadol .. (doesnt for me.. im immue to it)
stemtil .. makes you sleepy..
berroca .. doenst work anymore... only used it 3 times..

currently takeing soem iron tabets .. suppse to make you more alert..

cheers..

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Are you drinking enough water? Maybe you're dehydrated.

Stress can cause headaches-stress can cause alot of things. It makes me really tired so I have to drink coffee everyday.

crimsonking

HSC
  • Cigarettes
  • Tea
  • Listen to some Neil Young
If you can do all 3 at once, you are in a state of bliss - similar to that I am in most times.

HSC
yeah i think i drink enough water... but i'll drink morrrrrrrrreeeeee =P

P_Dilemma- hehe .. i sleep heaps.. i keep falling asleep with my good old dixon textbook for days in a row...
i <3 Dixon .. ( my tut will love me for this XDDD) , hey are you ready for Eco?

ciggies HAHAHA .. NO WAYYY... i was taling to a friend yest. doesnt it make you mroe stupid>??

GO AWAY HEADACHES ARGHGHHGHG

Last edited:

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Studying economics makes me really tired. I can't stand studying it...I really cant.

nwatts

HSC
heaps of water

if you can get a prescription for panadeine forte, use it. if not just grab panadeine 15 from a chemist and combine it with something like nurofen that has ibuprofen in it. codeine + paracetamol + ibuproften = gone for at least 2 hours.

i get migraines that pretty much last for weeks, so i've gotten used to which painkillers work and which don't.

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
Studying economics makes me really tired. I can't stand studying it...I really cant.

realyy .. not really for me... BUT i cant stand my case study .. OMG im soo sick of it ...
but my headaches arent helping me to .. they are so EVIL ... what parts make you tired/??

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Do you think I will be screwed if I don't learn the case study?

I dont like microeconomic policy...Don't like labour market policy either...

If they ask us to do an esssay on labour market policy, what do we talk about?

I have notes on the advantages/dis of prices and incomes policy and decentralised labour market...Don't have any notes on workchoices...

Have some notes on active labour market policies...thats it

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
As many others have suggested:

-Up the water
-Increase sleep
-Relaxing activities to decrease stress: meditation, baths (especially with Lavender soap, oil etc- it's supposed to be good for headaches)
-Exercise: increases blood flow

If things don't improve, see your GP.

kerfuffle

HSC
Fresh air? O.O Try go for a 20-minute walk or something.

Sandez

Hay Guys
HSC
I drink 3 bottles a day, and get to bed at around 10-11 most days.

I still getta the headaches in the morning.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
stay away from CRT computer monitor's?
do u need g lasses ? bad eye sight causes headaches
do you have tension headaches? knots in ur back induce bad headaches. >_< i know from experience. if u do have knots in ur back, go to a masseure [dunno if i spelt that right] or get someone to massage the knots outta your back. it helps =]

errmm .... d'you eat enough? lol. i rekkon it's the glasses thing though~~
if u do have glasses, see if u need stronger/weaker ones.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
crimsonking said:
  • Cigarettes
No offence, but you should get over the cigarettes. Every post I have seen of yours includes the word cigarettes and encourages people to smoke. Smoking isn't 'cool', or healthy, you shouldn't do it.
So, back to the topic, I always have a headache lately, and they have been really bad ones. I did have a little but of hayfever a week ago or something but even before then I get blinding headaches that kinda block my ears. I take like 6 panadol every day. Doesn't really help though.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
lately ive found that if I sleep to try and cure a headache, I just wake up later with an even worse one. so sleep as a method of curing em for me has been thrown out the window.

eat healthily, dont spend too much time infront of the computer and take regular breaks from study. it sounds so mudane and generic, but it works :)

crimsonking

HSC
No offence, but you should get over the cigarettes. Every post I have seen of yours includes the word cigarettes and encourages people to smoke. Smoking isn't 'cool', or healthy, you shouldn't do it.

It works for me and it works for many other people, so i think it is valid method of curing migraines (actually it isn't, its more of a preventative measure).

I know smoking isn't cool, but so are many other things you and others do, also health wise, I think that sitting in front of the computer screen for the amount of posts you have done isn't healthy (think about the radiation), also, the air outside surely is full of more toxins than a cigarette.

No offence.

360flip

HSC
N/A
when i get those i skate! so do some physical exercise even a walk down to the store to get some ice cream or somethig is just fine! really im against panadol unless you urgently need it ie. right before the exam!

coldasice

Banned
uniqytsgfdgfrytyrtr princdtrffytryt diafhgfjhgjkjk
HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
hey..

Is anyone suffering form constant headaches during the HSC period, like me .. ive gotten heaches every since business paper.. and i havnet been studying properly...

anyone know how to cure them? OMG... ive tried:
panadol .. (doesnt for me.. im immue to it)
stemtil .. makes you sleepy..
berroca .. doenst work anymore... only used it 3 times..

currently takeing soem iron tabets .. suppse to make you more alert..

cheers..
I used to, but not anymore.

advice: instead of V drinks and all that shit, you should buy Lucozade...it really does help :uhhuh:

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
crimsonking said:
It works for me and it works for many other people, so i think it is valid method of curing migraines (actually it isn't, its more of a preventative measure).

I know smoking isn't cool, but so are many other things you and others do, also health wise, I think that sitting in front of the computer screen for the amount of posts you have done isn't healthy (think about the radiation), also, the air outside surely is full of more toxins than a cigarette.

No offence.
The air outside is bloody unhealthy because of passive smoking which kills as many people as actual smoking does. Over 20 000 people each year die of smoking related diseases. These people may have enjoyed cigarettes as much as you, and for the same reasons as you. But they died. Because of smoking. Get it. It isn't good for you. I'm not saying this to be a bitch, it is in your best interests to quit.
Anyways, I agree with what wm_abusef (preisty) said on the previous page, whenever I take a nap to cure a headache, especially through the day, I wake up and it is worse. I just take panadol and it usually works, if it doesn't I just sit down and do nothing.

crimsonking

HSC
The air outside is bloody unhealthy because of passive smoking which kills as many people as actual smoking does.

I'm sorry, I tend to forget that people drive cars and that there are factories in Australia.

I'm not saying this to be a bitch, it is in your best interests to quit.

What about all those people - tv commentators, teachers, parents, coaches saying that quitting is for losers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)