Church of Scientology are you getting the facts? (1 Viewer)

Citizen

HSC
N/A
Hahahaa...sweet

No you didnt uncover anything - I was totally unaware of this movement - I was surfing the web this morning and I really have no Idea why this post caught my eye.

I know I do notice alot when the word scientology is used and my story is not an attempt to undermine scientology but to group it with the other opinions in the world of religion.

My story is in fact true and my take on scientology comes from being introduced to it at 4 years of age and stopping at 16.

My information is sourced from their teachings and methods and my father was a minister for the church of scientology.

I truly thought I could add a perspective from one who knew almost nothing other than scientology and who through good education and great teachers in life became intelligent enough to see it for what it really is.

The science fiction novels and movie I feel are really good and worth the read or watch with no predjudice toward what Hubbard did later in life after he aurthored those stories. In my opinion he must have been an avid follower of Azimov novels in his attention to detail.

The scary thing is that manfested into him believing he could create a religion that was bullet proof. Luckily

"You can't fool everybody all the time"
"You can't fool everybody some of the time"
"BUT you CAN fool some of the people some of the time and sometimes some of them for all of their time"

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
What Ive learnt about Scientology
Part 1

Tom Cruise = God.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
A NOTORIOUS group of internet users known as "Anonymous" have taken down a Scientology website after declaring war on the church.

Anonymous, whose membership included hackers, has begun a "third wave" of attacks in the week-old operation dubbed “Project Chanology”.

The group has already flooded Scientology servers, preventing access to at least one of the church's websites.

Chief executive of the 7safe.com security firm Alan Phillips told Sky News in the UK that the group may have used a denial of service attack to take the Scientology website out of service.

“It would appear, that in this case, they’ve taken down the website by using a denial of service attack, where they basically fire lots and lots of different bits of information into the one place so… no one else can access it,” Mr Phillips said.

A spokesman for the Church of Scientology told NEWS.com.au that the church was not the "right target" for these kinds of attacks.

"These types of people have got some wrong information about us," the spokesman said.

The group also claimed to have downloaded many of the church’s “secret documents” – which can now be downloaded from popular file-sharing sites.

Anonymous said their actions will not be restricted to their websites, with protests outside Scientology buildings being organised throughout the US.

Earlier today, a message about a possible attack point on the main Scientology website appeared on a Project Chanology webpage.

“We found the direct IP (Internet Protocol address) to www.scientology.org, not protected,” the message said.

Today Anonymous released an updated “Open letter to Scientology”, following its declaration of war last week.

“By now you have certainly become aware of us and our actions,” the statement said.

“We have commenced our assault upon your institution and would like to take this moment to enlighten you.

"We are Anonymous, you might know think of us as merely a hacker group, but we are much more.

“We are the protectors of knowledge, we are the 'internet hate machine'.”

In a message posted on YouTube earlier this week, the group said it was tired of the methods used by the church to stem criticism of Scientology.

The church is famous for vigorously attacking its critics, often taking legal action against them or attempting to undermine their credibility.

“Anonymous has therefore decided your organisation should be destroyed, for the good of your followers, for the good of mankind and for our own enjoyment,” a synthesised voice said in the clip.

“We shall systematically expel you from the internet and proceed to dismantle the Church of Scientology in its current form.”

According to respected technology magazine Wired, Anonymous usually focused on bullying and downloading pirated software and files.

“The group usually amuses itself by stealing passwords to downloading sites and finding ways to harass online communities that its members disdain,” a blog on the website said.

"They were last seen on (Wired security blog) Threat Level when a Los Angeles Fox News affiliate ran a story that hilariously implied the group's arsenal included exploding vans.”

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,23107452-5014239,00.html

:wave:

Citizen

HSC
N/A
Well that was an intellegent remark.

Ironic being in an education based forum.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Scientology is the biggest scam I've ever heard of.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Lol Scientology. PAY MONEY TO MOVE UP THE RANKS. It's like the South Vietnamese military all over.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Why do you guys hate scientology?
All you have are fake stories from fake websites that are on daemon inspired crusades against Scientology.

Did you know that western countries publish fake versions of Dianetics and send them to poorer countries?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Sometimes I think being in scientology would be really cool because you'd be totally nuts and believe all that shit. Except for paying money for it (ima Jew).

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
/scientologist

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0 said:
A GLOBAL day of protest against the Church of Scientology organised by internet group "Anonymous" began today with demonstrations outside the church's Australian offices.

About 150 people gathered at the Church of Scientology building in the Sydney CBD this morning, most of them carrying pickets and wearing costumes or masks.

At 11am, when the protest was scheduled to start, staff inside the building set up a video camera pointed at the street below and locked the front doors. Two security guards stood outside the building and were later joined by several police officers.

The protestors, who said they had worn masks to remain anonymous and prevent possible legal action or retribution from the church, chanted "Church on the right, cult on the left", "Religion is free" and "We want Xenu".

They also made a reference to Lisa McPherson, the US woman whose death in 1995 while under the care of a branch of the church led to a civil wrongful death lawsuit. Criminal charges filed against the church over Ms McPherson's death were dropped in 2000.

Members of the crowd said they had been told not to use "geek speek" during the protest and to put their message across as clearly as possible. They handed out flyers accusing the church of financially exploiting its followers and suppressing criticism.

NEWS.com.au is awaiting comment from the church's Sydney branch on the protest.

Anonymous, a notorious internet group whose membership includes hackers, last month declared "war" on the church and temporarily prevented access to at least one official Scientology website.

The group also organised worldwide protests through internet message forums and blogs scheduled for today.

Demonstrations in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide were promoted from a blog called "anonaustralia" which offered flyers people could download and print to hand out at the demonstration and suggested attendees wear masks.

Protests in Melbourne and Adelaide were scheduled to begin at 2pm local time.

More to come...
Hah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)