Cityfail: No concession tickets fo western sydney after 9am (1 Viewer)

Emily Howard

HSC
http://en.reddit.com/r/sydney/comments/1gpch7/update_no_concession_tickets_from_cityrail/

lets 4get dis is reddit bros

Wot do u dink about dis?

No concession tickets from CityRail machines after 9am
I've spoken with someone at CityRail as well as Berejiklian's office and my local MP's office, and can confirm the stations below are affected by this nonsense:

Auburn
Bankstown
Blacktown
Burwood
Cabramatta
Campbelltown
Campsie
Eastwood
Epping
Fairfield
Gordon
Granville
Hornsby
Hurstville
Kogarah
Lakemba
Lidcombe
Merrylands
Mount Druitt
Padstow
Parramatta
Penrith
Riverwood
Rockdale
Seven Hills
St Marys
Strathfield
Sutherland
Sydenham
Westmead

Looks to me like a disproportionate number of Western Sydney stations (20/30). Those of you who go through Central for example are safe, but there's no guarantee they won't expand this list.

I was told that they cannot provide rationale for the decision because it was a 'management decision' and that it was done after 'careful consultation'. (Which is, of course, why they sneakily introduced it during the university stuvac/holidays amirite). Called again and got someone willing to admit that it was done to 'combat fare evasion' - and that those particular stations were targeted due to 'lots of concession purchases there'.

Gladys Berejiklian's office confirmed this. It was suggested by her office to put any complaint in writing via email, so please contact Berejiklian at office@berejiklian.minister.nsw.gov.au (her ministerial email, not her MP one) and CC your local member.

I know some of you are not affected by this, but it's very likely this could expand to more stations - including yours - if we don't put a stop to it now. Sydney's commuters should not be treated like potential thieves, and doing the right thing (buying a ticket) should not be made so difficult.

TL;DR: Contact Gladys Berejiklian and complain: office@berejiklian.minister.nsw.gov.au

Gotta nip this in the bud before they start doing even worse or expand it. Teach them that sneaking in stuff like this is not on.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Still be available from the ticket office. If there's no office or it is closed then they'll still be available from the machines.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Nope, machines won't let you buy the ticket after 9am. After 9am there is rarely a line for the machines OR window anyway so doesn't matter too much.

Emily Howard

HSC
but will dey increase ticket windows?

apparently every1 reckons dere are lines n shit to the ticket windows

can u westie niggz confirm?

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Now though I am a veteran of using the railway system and riding on locomotives, I have long since had the 'pleasure' of experencing public transport. Yet I distinctly remember there being things called weekly, fortnightly, and monthy concession tickets. Couldn't yall' just accquire one of those doohickeys at the appropriate time and avoid this whole thing? Unless of course you are such an infequent user that it no longer becomes economically viable for your persons.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

after 9am there is literally 0 line, unless there are people who just got off a bus at the same time as one another and even then it's only like 3 or 4

my old station is one of them listed and there are 2 windows (with eftpos access)
in what way?
If people are defrauding machines (because they have no means to check validity for concession), then cutting off the ability to do so would curb fare evasion. Clerks can ask "ay bruh u got dat dere student id on ya mate" and then when they don't, they either pay full fare, wander off or try and jump the gates.

Emily Howard

HSC
were u paramatta man?

interestin wat would happen @ main interchanges and if legit concessions how big will dey make da queue?

~poor people everywhere~

Tasteless

HSC
If people are defrauding machines (because they have no means to check validity for concession), then cutting off the ability to do so would curb fare evasion. Clerks can ask "ay bruh u got dat dere student id on ya mate" and then when they don't, they either pay full fare, wander off or try and jump the gates.
my eyes somehow filtered out the word machines and I thought it was for all tickets
but ye in that case I don't have issue with it

basically, disregard i suck cocks

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

What i've found is if there are any lines, there will be for both windows and machines. In fact if there are lines (i.e. before 9am) I usually don't even bother with the machine, it takes me <10 seconds to use the machine but so many people take a couple of minutes and the machines are very slow to go back to the main screen after a transaction is complete. At my local station in the middle of the day they usually only have one of the two windows staffed. The only problem with the windows is the occasional old lady who has a 5 minute chat.

Emily Howard

HSC
hahaa oh dat sucks

mayb the west will increase other forms of crime 2 pay fo their tickets (no offense)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Tbh i think this will be dropped eventually, if people wanted to avoid train fares they'd just jump the barriers. This is just annoying all the students who evidently make up a large proportion of people travelling to/from those stations.

pscecelia

HSC
I fucken hate it, most stupidest idea EVER !!! since they've implemented this stupid idea they should be looking at having more ticket staff on the main stations e.g. Blacktown ... but I understand the ticket evasion.....LOLz I do it ...I dont have concession (well I lost it ) and I buy child fare YOLO...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I fucken hate it, most stupidest idea EVER !!! since they've implemented this stupid idea they should be looking at having more ticket staff on the main stations e.g. Blacktown ... but I understand the ticket evasion.....LOLz I do it ...I dont have concession (well I lost it ) and I buy child fare YOLO...
proving how much it works

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm very curious to see how many of those ticket purchases are from customers legitimately entitled to concession tickets.

To sanction this on the basis of "lots of concession purchases" seems like a very loose criteria. They might as well do this at all stations with at ticket office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)