Cityfail: No concession tickets fo western sydney after 9am (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Had a friend who posted on facebook yesterday that they couldn't get a concession ticket at Parra station.

Was on the way home from an exam, so not to big of a deal.

But seriously, not everybody gets to uni at 8am and stays all day!

s_lide

HSC
N/A
I'm very curious to see how many of those ticket purchases are from customers legitimately entitled to concession tickets.

To sanction this on the basis of "lots of concession purchases" seems like a very loose criteria. They might as well do this at all stations with at ticket office.
criterion

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
why are you guys complaining, I don't even have a bloody train station in my area... the northwest link is being built but its ready in 2019 or something like that

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
why are you guys complaining, I don't even have a bloody train station in my area... the northwest link is being built but its ready in 2019 or something like that
Doesn't the Hills Shire LGA only have 1 train station atm (and it's in Carlingford, largest dead end ever?)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't the Hills Shire LGA only have 1 train station atm (and it's in Carlingford, largest dead end ever?)
Yep.
Carlingford is my nearest station and it's so pointless I might as well walk to the city.

At least we have decent busses though. It could be a lot worse if we didnt. And now we have double decker busses too! :D

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If everyone used the "why are you guys complaining" argument, nothing would get done.

Critiquing the decisions made by the public sector is the least we can do as citizens.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I don't get the problem. You can still buy them after 9am you just have to use a ticket window.

Presumably stations who don't have a staffed ticket window will still let the machines sell them all day.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
yeah carlingford is useless.. technically it is in the LGA but tbh its too far away for me, so no point because it takes me a good 20-25+ minutes to get there - hence the new northwest link being built. Closest station for me in pennant hills, and even then, traffic is deadly in the morning on the way there

Personally I currently take the bus, the new M61 double decker busses are a step forward and fun (lol) to go on, but having a train station close by would be sooo good and much faster to travel, props to O'Farrell

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I don't get the problem. You can still buy them after 9am you just have to use a ticket window.

Presumably stations who don't have a staffed ticket window will still let the machines sell them all day.
And that's what I mean OzKo in this instance by "why are you guys complaning", small issue mate. just walk over to the counter

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah carlingford is useless.. technically it is in the LGA but tbh its too far away for me, so no point because it takes me a good 20-25+ minutes to get there - hence the new northwest link being built. Closest station for me in pennant hills, and even then, traffic is deadly in the morning on the way there

Personally I currently take the bus, the new M61 double decker busses are a step forward and fun (lol) to go on, but having a train station close by would be sooo good and much faster to travel, props to O'Farrell
Trains are going to be slower though?
You've got to change at Chatswood.

IIRC, it's like 10-20 quicker to go on the busses, plus the m2 upgrade will finally be done.

Emily Howard

HSC
lol trains are going through para and chatswood, pretty sure the m61 gonna be faster

Emily Howard

HSC
apparrently dere are no weekly concession tickets fo trains

IS DIZ TRU?

neva was applicable fo concession so no fuckin idea could check myself but cbf

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not a particularly brilliant idea but it's not that bad, to be honest - it stops people from buying concession tickets when they should be paying full fares. However, doing it at *some* stations feels like discrimination to me - it's basically saying that these areas are dodgy.

Tasteless

HSC
why dont they just put a few more coppa ticket checkers on those lines

$200 a pop

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
So if I need to go to my exam tomorrow I will need to purchase a ticket before 9 AM?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So if I need to go to my exam tomorrow I will need to purchase a ticket before 9 AM?
Nope.

It just means that you can only buy a concession ticket from the ticket office rather than having the option of using the machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)