Civil Engineering or Physiotherapy? (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
civil engineering/physio

massage a client while he tells you how he wants his structure
You'll be inspecting the bones all day long and testing their properties and see if they are shaped properly.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
depends what subjects you are doing in HSC now ?

Physiotherapy is really hands on, you have to be comfortable with any form of physical touch, a lot of the contend is biology and there's heaps of information to memorize, you have to be good at clinical thinking

Civil engine is more like maths , physics , more calculations.

Kandahar, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
HSC
Uni Grad
If you like number crunching, do engineering.

If you like anatomy and clinical based thinking, do physio.

I wanted to do something in healthcare or engineering. I was actually quite good with numbers in high school..got band 6 for ME1 and ME2. Nevertheless I became a physio. If I don't like it, I'll quit and become and engineer!

Jeniistar

HSC
I'd go with physiotherapy because it's quite hard to find an engineering job nowadays (I have a few friends who are still job hunting and they graduated 2+ years ago). Companies are outsourcing their engineers to save money. Physio on the other hand, is a job that cannot be outsourced. There is a growing demand for physios as the aged care population increases, as well as the introduction of the national disability insurance scheme. Also, it is a well respected profession.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)