Class or mentor? (1 Viewer)

yalando

HSC
Hey I was just wondering how everyone actually approaches EE2 at school cause I've realised many people on here refer to a 'class' and being 'taught'. For me there are only 2 people doing it and we aren't taught anything at all. We take what we have done in a week to our 'mentor' and they give us hints, they never tell us what to really change or ideas. I've practically completed the course with little assistance besides, 'you're on the right track'.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
we have a lot of people doing ee2 at my school so the teacher barely has any time to see what most of us are doing. it's only if you're really pushy that you can get some time to talk to the teacher at all. i personally haven't gotten any assistance from my teacher apart from when i handed in my first draft and she told me i had to rework most of it, and when i handed in my second and she told me it was much better. aaaand, i don't have a mentor. so yeapp. pretty much the same as what you've experienced.

clarehenry

HSC
N/A
i think most schools are like that.
after all, it is an independent investigation.
where is everyone up to at this stage?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
We have a class. I've got like 3x 75 minute period a fortnight.

stleonard

HSC
Our school has about 30 kids doing it, and we have a 30 minute one-on-one meeting with the teacher (there are two mentors and one is assigned to us) each fortnight. They just discuss how we are going and where we will go, and read drafts. But the comments are never really indepth. Kinda weird.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
We have 25 kids divided into 2 classes, 2x periods a week where we talk or use the computers to do our work. We're also strongly encouraged to have a mentor- mine is a teacher from the English faculty who taught the course last year, she's awesome :)

ptrgrgry

HSC
I'm the only one at my school! And that's out of 220 kids mind you.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You guys get tutors and classes? My school stopped classes after Term 4 and I get occasional feedback from the teachers.

For example, I gave two teachers my latest draft about a month ago and they haven't gotten back to me <_<

So, I'm using other students. EX2 students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)