Clerical Checks? (1 Viewer)

imoO

HSC
I stumbled upon a dilemma this morning.

What happens if clerical checks go against you, and they find they've given you extra marks?

I'm just curious lol..

imoO

HSC
How do you know this?

Thanks for the quick reply

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I swear mine are wrong... for the class too.

We know that I got the top exam mark at my school which was poor for me, but it was 90. I was not ranked internally first (they only got 81). But, with that said, the person first ended up with an internal assessment mark of 92 and 2nd got 90.

We have no idea where the 92 came from. It screwed up my knowledge of moderating.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

We know that I got the top exam mark at my school which was poor for me, but it was 90. I was not ranked internally first (they only got 81). But, with that said, the person first ended up with an internal assessment mark of 92 and 2nd got 90.

We have no idea where the 92 came from. It screwed up my knowledge of moderating.
I wonder if you could ask the Exam Inquiry Centre, or get your principal to lodge an anomalous results inquiry.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A

Probably a "depressed mark" situation. Since the top ranked student only got 81, the bos initially leaves them out of moderation. So the next ranked person was given your (highest) exam mark, 90, as their assessment mark. Only then is the top ranked student moderated, placing them appropriately between 90 and 100 (that is, 92).

The reason this happens is so that the relatively poor performance of the omitted student does not impact on the rest of the class.

The process is mentioned on this page under "Assessment Marks".
Explanation of Aligning and Moderating Procedures for the Higher School Certificate - Board of Studies NSW

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Probably a "depressed mark" situation. Since the top ranked student only got 81, the bos initially leaves them out of moderation. So the next ranked person was given your (highest) exam mark, 90, as their assessment mark. Only then is the top ranked student moderated, placing them appropriately between 90 and 100 (that is, 92).

The reason this happens is so that the relatively poor performance of the omitted student does not impact on the rest of the class.

The process is mentioned on this page under "Assessment Marks".
Explanation of Aligning and Moderating Procedures for the Higher School Certificate - Board of Studies NSW
With knowledge like that, you must work for the Board of Studies ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)