Clerical recheck of marks (1 Viewer)

lynton

HSC
I dont know if anybody has made this thread, but i was just wondering if anybody has applied for a clerical recheck of their marks. If you have, just wondering what subjects you have got them for? For me i want to get my Biology mark checked because i seriously thought i would have gone better than i did. If our marks do get changed (which i doubt), what would happen? Do you reckon our marks could go down if they added them up wrong in the beginning?

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
no, if they gave you too many in the first place theey may go down!

BOS policy is that they don't remove marks if the error is in your favour - the BOS always operates in your interests and fairness - having received your marks and your ATAR it wouldn't be in your interests to remove marks or reduce your ATAR at this stage. Any correction has to be in your favour at this point in the process.

lynton

HSC
^Ok thanks, i feel better now. Has anybody else applied for the recheck of their marks or is it just me haha.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
^Ok thanks, i feel better now. Has anybody else applied for the recheck of their marks or is it just me haha.
There's one at my school. But I feel he's just doing it to get a Band 6.

bored of sc

HSC
I was thinking about getting English rechecked but then I realised I went terribly in the HSC exams.

I say go for it, if you don't mind that there's a fee you have to pay.

spazamataz

HSC
I applied for business to be rechecked, they took the money out of my account today. When do you think they will notify us?

Bar901

HSC
I would be curious to see how many of these clerical rechecks actually find any mistakes.

No offence intended to OP and others, but if many people do far better than expected by simply having an extraordinarily good exam, isn't it just as plausible that you simply had a bad exam? Having said that, good luck, it would be a nice surprise to grab a few extra marks.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I would be curious to see how many of these clerical rechecks actually find any mistakes.

No offence intended to OP and others, but if many people do far better than expected by simply having an extraordinarily good exam, isn't it just as plausible that you simply had a bad exam? Having said that, good luck, it would be a nice surprise to grab a few extra marks.
I believe it's somewhere between 20-40 a year - check the Ombudsman's report on raw marks, it mentions it.

PoisedTiger007

HSC
Is there any guarantee that a clerical recheck could only be to a student's advantage? I mean it can't put down your former mark, can it?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is there any guarantee that a clerical recheck could only be to a student's advantage? I mean it can't put down your former mark, can it?
Clerical rechecks can only be found in your favour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)