clothing at univeristy (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Originally posted by hatty

being a guy, i absolutely hate dressing up in fashion because pussies and girls do that, i just tend to stick to my favourite outfit.
People are pussies cos they wanna look good?

my moto is, if it keeps you warm, wear it
none of the stupid "whats in fashion" shit
Heh well why don't you do a George and drape yourself in velvet.

whenever i get a "free-clothes day", ppl tend to laugh at me for wearing the same shit over and over
rofl, i'd laugh at someone too if i saw them always wearing the same clothes. You need at least a week before wearing the same thing (well you can probably get away with wearing the same jeans a little more often, cos alot of jeans look similar).

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
washing machines are $1, and dryers are $1...i realised the hard way that the washing machines on campus cannot handle 3 weeks worth of washing - i blew the motor in one of the washing machines lol :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
plus, the same pants doesn't matter, it's the same shirts which make it seem people are wearing the same thing over and over

$1 is ok, if it can handle a weeks worth of washing, and if you have to use a dryer, $2 is fine.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, should be fine this year but i seemed to waste all my money last year...so i had to save up to use the washing machines :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
So in theory I should be able to rock up to uni simply in a nighty and slippers (especially if I live just next door)?

Fawwwwwwwwww that would be awesome for exam season!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, you could get away with that

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hehe, im going to be wearing ugh boots in winter, so im sure you can get away with nighty and slippers ;)

T

timbk2

wear whatever you want. as you go through the first few months of uni, you start buying alot of clothes out of nowhere. eventually you build up your wardrobe to the point where you have something different to wear every single day for 1 - 2 weeks.
You tend to have problems sometimes picking out what to wear and what you've already worn 1-2 days ago. You can pretty much wear whatever you want. Some people dresss up .. some people dont... some people turn up in slippers and a singlet.. whatever you want. However... just a note... there is this one guy in my course where pretty much EVERY single time i see him around. he is always wearing a white business/school shirt, black pants and black leather shoes. ...yes.. for the last 2 years. i seriously havent seen him wear anythin else. So please... wear something at least!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
It basically comes down to two types, the slobs and the people who try not to look like slobs (but are)...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
lol its like high school choosing what to wear to a mufti day (did anyone ever have teachers dress up in the uniform for a day.. lol)
wear what you are comfortable in and is appropriate for the weather.. even if it doesnt match you may create a new trend

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Re: Re: clothing at univeristy

Originally posted by ND

<snip>

You need at least a week before wearing the same thing (well you can probably get away with wearing the same jeans a little more often, cos alot of jeans look similar).
Umm... Not everyone has the compulsive urge to dress Teh FuNkEh, you know. "OMG, u lik wear teh same thing mor dan ONCE A WEAK!!1"

I think I'll stick to being practical, and, umm... 'un-suave'.

ND

HSC
Re: Re: Re: clothing at univeristy

Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Umm... Not everyone has the compulsive urge to dress Teh FuNkEh, you know. "OMG, u lik wear teh same thing mor dan ONCE A WEAK!!1"
Hahahah. I'm not saying you have to dress only in designer labels or anything, it's just that it makes you look as if you have no clothes if you wear the same thing all the time. I'm sure even the un-suavest person has more than 7 tops, why not wear them?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Most guys should be able to get away with 3-4 shirts (w/things printed), 1-2 plain black/white bonds shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, perhaps another type of pant, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 jackets, 2 jumpers and however many socks and boxers are necessary...

Depending on where you go, you should be able to get all that for like $300 (say at Jay Jays)...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hahaha.. its so funny to hear all you first years' worrying about what to wear. LOL

does it really matter what you wear? as long as you are comfortable and that you don't stink...oh and as a courtesy to others, please wash and TRY to change your clothes regularly. :p

but seriously now, as you get further into the semesters, you will be swamped with assessments, now one will notice, or be on the look out, if you fashionable or not.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by christ_ine
It seems pretty low though. Who cares if someone wears the same thing to uni? As long as they don't smell bad :D
I think people would start to wonder whether the outfit was being washed...odour or no odour, it would seem a bit questionable!;)
So giving the outfit a break every so often would help set peoples minds at ease.

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i'll probably buy another pair of jeans and some shirts. i think i'll survive on the rest of my wardrobe :D

don't many ppl wear the same pair of jeans for days anyway?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Far out I need some new clothes cos I barely have any but I don't have much money and I am hitting my parents up for far too much stuff lately (linen, kitchenware etc for uni).... I have a dilemma!!!

HSC
Originally posted by mic
i'll probably buy another pair of jeans and some shirts. i think i'll survive on the rest of my wardrobe :D

don't many ppl wear the same pair of jeans for days anyway?
yeah i do hahaha its normal its like jackets once a week or something...
hmmm wen i think about it its really the first wk that matters coz of first impressions then its like who gives a rats ass what u wear ur already in groups of friends BUT unless ur trying to flirt wif some1:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)