Clubs and Social Life in UWS? (1 Viewer)

HSC
dilroy said:
Don't know about you guys but I find the Parramatta campus to be a little shit. No ATM, a few km's away from a decent feed, no gym, too many people smoke, people would rather play with their mobiles than make new friends.

Socially it's ok, but I find you have to talk to people first otherwise they won't do or say anything lol. But it's just the first few weeks so I guess it's ok. As for clubs I wouldn't know in Parramatta, I saw the Islamic one the other day... and that was about it. I was expecting to see at least some union power like other uni's but meh... you get what you deserve, me = 70 UAI

agreed.

YEah people in parra... hmmmmm!!

what cousre are u in?

dilroy

HSC
I'm doing Bachelor of Business (E-Business).
For me it's start @ bus stop, go to block EA and then go back to the bus stop, occasionally going to the cafeteria... that's my uni life =D

UWS Parramatta FTW

HSC
N/A
Well there is meant to be the Economics Society, but I havent heard anything about it lately.

Maybe someone should try starting one, but there doesn't seem alot of interest in starting one from the student body. Does anyone know if we have a politics society?

Last edited:

*sasha*

HSC
aw i like parra! everyones really nice and the cafe's are cool. and you can always drive down to the shops or wherever if you get bored.
and the economics society was getting people to sign up the other day.. i dont know about any other societies - havent seen them around. how do you find out what societies there are?

kerfuffle

HSC
No idea. O_O
Hold on, the list could be outdated. xD
http://www.uwssa.org.au/clubs_societies said:
Submitted by UWSSA on Thu, 2006-11-23 10:29.
Maybe new clubs/societies have formed since then?

sladehk

le random
HSC
there's ain't any clubs on campbelltown eh?

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
Why do people want clubs?

I just want to go to uni, go to class and then leave.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Lets start a youtube club!
We can use the unis internet to save our precious download limits at home and just spend time watching youtube videos. Then when we eventually get bored we can film our own videos and upload them to youtube. :)

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
as long as noone starts making videos of them watching videos on youtube...thatd just be weird.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
(enigma) said:
as long as noone starts making videos of them watching videos on youtube...thatd just be weird.
I'm so doing that tonight

Super_Flyse

HSC
I'd watch that!

Though, that might say more about me than anything else...

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
lol...that could be an interesting group (in the weirdest possible sense).

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
No photography club!!:mad1: ...hmmm! it just not the same as UNSW

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
if your at parra.. there are sports facilities, and you can hire out gear from the uws connect building behind the library.. its got a little dingy green sign that says UWS connect. The door is just a wire/mesh thing and there is a wire pathway. Hire some equipment like a ball or raquets or something.. And go play sport!

also depending on what subjects you are doing and wat days.. u can make friends..

people usualy hang around in groups, so.. make friends, call up ppl u know will be at uni on the days u r there and hang out or watever.. they are more than likely either in ur position or in a group and in that case more the merrier..

that and make ur own club.. or just do something regular.. eg. tennis every wed... then ppl will know ur there etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)