Clutch/Godmode/Dominating Test Performances (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
In honour of the biggest fails thread I thought one for the opposite would be appropriate!

What would you guys say was the best and most excited you have been about a test/assessment result?

I would say my CAFS IRP epitomised that moment for me. After a research proposal, a monitoring research journal, a 60 page report and countless hours spent I came out of it with a 100% grade. I really doubted my ability in it so much and hadn't heard of anyone that had got 100% before me. Turns out me and one of my best friends both got 100% and the CAFS class genuinely congratulated me with it and were really happy.

Another moment was not a school moment per-se. In the holidays I participated in a University program with 30 selected students from around my area at UOW. Our final group presentation (me and the aforementioned friend) was to be 20-25 minutes long and presented in a lecture theatre in front of about 80-100 people. Just before the beginning of the presentation (we'd worked on it for 2 weeks) my heart stopped. I realised my thumbdrive with the presentation on it was missing. I almost broke down and cried in the theatre. I searched for half an hour in my bag and around it. Nothing. I then thought where I'd been during the day. I realised I'd left it in that very theatre by the desktop and sure enough it was there when I began to do the presentation. That moment in itself was just amazing, just getting to present and not facing complete humiliation for both me and my friend. There were students with public speaking experience, which I didn't have much of.

We did the best presentation/speech I'd ever given in my life. My family, peers and teachers were so proud and I almost couldn't hold myself together. The vice-chancellor and other high-ranked people said I did a great job as well. Every single student came up and said the presentation was amazing, what a feeling! I was interviewed for the local news and was the only boy to be asked to do so, I was so overwhelmed. We ended up both getting a HD for the course !

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 God-Mode moments

Year 11 English first assessment - Was an comparative essay on Othello and O. I was a new student to the school as well. Only got 83 in SC English. Was expecting a C for the essay.
Somehow I get 20/20 (only 1 other person in a grade of 150 kids got 20 as well).
[Sadly enough, I only got 13/15 for my comparative assessment in year 12]

Year 11 MX1 second assessment - Top the grade with 98%, my 1st assessment ranked me around top 25 at best so this was unbelievable. Probably the most CLUTCH test in my high school career.

Year 11 Economics third assessment - Got 20/20 for my Federal Budget essay. Not as dominant because a few others got 20 as well but it was note-worthy.

Year 12 God-mode moment (only 1 so far because I've choked quite a bit)

Year 12 Economics HY - Somehow topped the cohort of 60+~ students with 28/30 [26/30 being 2nd highest mark] and I thought I screwed up Economics bad (thought it was going to be my worst exam result for exam week).

But, nothing beats Year 6. :haha: The true god-mode.

I was somehow dux of my primary school - was the best moment. The pinnacle of my academic career. :haha:

Focus is Key

HSC
Year 11 God-Mode moments

Year 11 English first assessment - Was an comparative essay on Othello and O. I was a new student to the school as well. Only got 83 in SC English. Was expecting a C for the essay.
Somehow I get 20/20 (only 1 other person in a grade of 150 kids got 20 as well).
[Sadly enough, I only got 13/15 for my comparative assessment in year 12]

Year 11 MX1 second assessment - Top the grade with 98%, my 1st assessment ranked me around top 25 at best so this was unbelievable. Probably the most CLUTCH test in my high school career.

Year 11 Economics third assessment - Got 20/20 for my Federal Budget essay. Not as dominant because a few others got 20 as well but it was note-worthy.

Year 12 God-mode moment (only 1 so far because I've choked quite a bit)

Year 12 Economics HY - Somehow topped the cohort of 60+~ students with 28/30 [26/30 being 2nd highest mark] and I thought I screwed up Economics bad (thought it was going to be my worst exam result for exam week).

But, nothing beats Year 6. :haha: The true god-mode.

I was somehow dux of my primary school - was the best moment. The pinnacle of my academic career. :haha:
Haha Year 6 :p Good times..good times.. I remember there was this genius girl in our school and she was the clear favourite to get dux, I was next and then a few other people together. It ended up going to this guy who applied for a selective school and got in, that's literally all he did lol because he was so lazy during primary. It was kinda funny because the girl was so arrogant about being the best.

Damn those are some awesome marks there! Year 11 was my overall best too with Year 12 so far being second.

seanieg89

HSC
A few 100% exams in high school.

At uni:

86% in a stats course in which I did not do two 10% assessments (thank you scaling).

95% in a 3rd year applications of complex analysis course (stuff on Painleve analysis) where I knew very little beyond the prereq stuff and probably deserved ~60-70. Managed to do well because it was open book, the exam was rather general, and I happened to be really switched on that day. Definitely the exam in uni with the biggest positive difference between my deserved mark and my actual mark.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha Year 6 :p Good times..good times.. I remember there was this genius girl in our school and she was the clear favourite to get dux, I was next and then a few other people together. It ended up going to this guy who applied for a selective school and got in, that's literally all he did lol because he was so lazy during primary. It was kinda funny because the girl was so arrogant about being the best.

Damn those are some awesome marks there! Year 11 was my overall best too with Year 12 so far being second.
They're pretty much useless though :haha: (if only Year 11 counted towards an ATAR)

enoilgam

HSC
There have been quite a few clutch/comeback performances for me, somehow I always managed to stuff up the small things so I need to stage comebacks in the bigger exams. The one that stands out though is Year 12 Legal. Going into the trials I was ranked 6th and a fair way off the top 5. A lot was riding on Legal for me because I needed a band 6 in and at that point it was looking unlikely. In the trial, I managed to beat everyone (except the guy coming) by 10%+ and I leapfrogged straight into 2nd place.

planino

HSC
Nothing significant for me so far into Y12 (though I think I might do well in 2U and bio) :// Time to make my own "I am the king of the world" moment

In Y11 however I frantically studied for chem only a couple of days or so before the yearly exam and somehow managed to come 8th :) I was overjoyed with the chem and bio half yearlies of Y11 when I came 6th and 3rd respectively despite the silly mistakes. This and a 13/15 speech is all there is to my senior year academic highlights ://

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
God-mode:
Year 11: Best moment for me was in my second English assessment where I attained full marks for the first time. I had never been that "good" at English really, and this was the first time I really understood what I needed to do :) Attaining these marks gave me an unbelievable amount of motivation, and I never dropped a mark in English throughout the rest of my Prelim year :)

Year 12: Best moments- managing to get full marks in all of my English Adv assessments and maintaining rank 1 (so far) We have done Belonging, Mod A, Mod C. I was so nervous after Year 11 that for some reason in Year 12, when it really counted, that I wouldn't be able to maintain my marks, so in Term 4 (the start of Year 12) when I first got full marks for Mod C it was the best moment :p My school is ranked 20th and is definitely geared towards English, so just beating all the people I had always thought were unbeatable is amazing. Another great moment was in Ext 2 English after getting my Viva Voce back. My Viva Voce was held as an interview with two teachers about your concept etc, and I was so so nervous. Getting 20/20 sent me into shock, because it just seemed so unbelievable. I then ended up having to change my concept and texts right before the next assessment was due, (a report), and I thought for sure I wouldn't do well because my concept didn't seem unified and it seemed like I had done no research (I had to start from scratch basically haha). I somehow got 20/20 again, and I almost died.

Hopefully more of these best moments will be occurring this year for all of us!

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 - forgetting about the MX1 yearly exam, and then going in and doing the paper, coming out with a 98% because I only forgot about a negative lol.

Year 12 - clutching my first Advanced English assessment, an impromptu speech based on a random pick of 17 quotes. Pulling an almost allnighter preparing a speech for every possible quote (we were allowed to bring in material), then just calming myself during the one hour prep as i already had my speech written. 1st in Advanced so far like a boss

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I guess mine would have to be the ICAS maths test in year 11. I walked out of the exam and after evaluating how I think I went, I honestly expected I would either get a distinction or JUST scrape a high distinction. When I got my result I was ecstatic to say the least.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Before year 10 SC, I was doing moderate for maths. Then in the SC I got 99 and went on a streak of top 10 in all my math exams in year 11 and ended 3rd overall. Unfortunately though, I dropped off from the start of year 12 and I am again only doing moderate again in 2u and 3u :mad2:

AsianFrustratio

4ubiochemphysbrah
HSC
Last year for the first HSC 2U Math exam I had to do it in the morning of my Year 10 Camp with my other accelerated buddies since I had to go overseas for the holidays straight after camp (they were not happy with me haha). We had to meet at school at 6 with our camp stuff and naturally, I decided to stay up 'til 4 'studying'. I woke up at like 5:30, quickly packed my stuff and got there just in time. I decided fuck it it's only the first exam and I rushed it in 10 minutes before taking a nap.

Ended up getting 100% on it ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)