Co-op offers (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
For actuary, How many people usually get shortlisted and how many from the shortlist get a spot usually?
Unfortunately, not many of the short listed for actl end up getting a spot, because most will accept.

Different story for fins though, as some people may have gotten cadetships.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys what happens if your coop course has recommended knowledge of ext 1 maths but you did 2u?

this was from the coop website:
"'Recommended Knowledge' is the level of qualification we suggest students need to be a successful Co-op scholar in a particular field. This is generally at or above the level of 'Assumed Knowledge' which is the level the University specifies as desirable to study a particular course. Students who do not have the respective level of assumed/recommended knowledge are not prevented from enrolling or applying but may be placed at a considerable disadvantage."

do i have to undertake a bridging course then?
May I ask which stream this was for?

Because MX1 will not be needed for most, and I would not bother doing a bridging course.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh really? I got one for marketing haha
Knowing you, I think you'll be fineeeEEEE, like the stuff we learnt in MX1 doesn't seem like it would be relevant to something like marketing (I wouldn't know though, just guessing), plus you're a smart kid so it should be alright!!!!!!!!!!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Unfortunately, not many of the short listed for actl end up getting a spot, because most will accept.

Different story for fins though, as some people may have gotten cadetships.
RIP

Gotta just pray for a top 5 shortlist spot to get in either from people not getting in now or not accepting (med/law) or from people dropping out in future years haha

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh really? I got one for marketing haha
Defs don't need MX1 100%

RIP

Gotta just pray for a top 5 shortlist spot to get in either from people not getting in now or not accepting (med/law) or from people dropping out in future years haha
I think we can rule out law, most people would pick Co-op > law.

And people dropping out in future years does not mean anything. It's simply a re-apply process and you don't get "next in line" treatment. And at this point you're competing with the rest of the cohort who didn't know about co-op / thinking about uni exit opportunities.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
RIP

The amount of people I met who said 'yeah m8 co-op is my second choice if I don't get med'

I don't have enough fingers to count

Babykbk

HSC
N/A
I wish I applied for Co-Op now sigh. My ass was too focused on studying and forgot all about this.

bunnykun

HSC
Knowing you, I think you'll be fineeeEEEE, like the stuff we learnt in MX1 doesn't seem like it would be relevant to something like marketing (I wouldn't know though, just guessing), plus you're a smart kid so it should be alright!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA nah ur the real deal racking all the scholarships !! hopefully ill survive lmao

Defs don't need MX1 100%
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeee thanks : D

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
I swear, haven't read anything more true
It's sad bc there's all the people who legit want to get in, versus people who barely know anything about the degree they're applying for. Or, the people who have little or no interest in the career path, and are mainly in it for the money or guaranteed industry placements during the co-op program (as in, they don't really care WHICH co-op they get, be it engineering/info sys/actuary - as long as it's a co-op program)

//I think this is especially because I noticed that the interviews tend to focus more on assessing qualities of the interviewee, rather than looking for genuine interest in the program. Then again, that's just life I guess :c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)