Co-op scholarhip (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
Enjoy it mate & good luck for interview, I'm not that worried (although i do miss out on 64K) because ultimately in life (over time) "you will get what you deserve" i.e. the best way to get what you want is to deserve it. Ill have more time to do investing & stuff
Thanks mate, good luck in the future itll all work out!

But hey did you have any other stuff besides academics? (sports, community work etc)
Cos i've heard that kinda stuff is more important, and the academics is kinda just a prerequisite.
If you're still keen, apparently people always get booted out in the first year (or quit), so boost your extra-curriculars and apply again next year?

congrats!! now you have to go to UNSW :D
Hahah yeah mate if i am lucky enough to get the coop i definitely wont have to consider going to macquarie and we can finally meet in RL hahah

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
Thanks mate, good luck in the future itll all work out!

Hahah yeah mate if i am lucky enough to get the coop i definitely wont have to consider going to macquarie and we can finally meet in RL hahah
havent you already got it? i thought the interview was just a formality

arsenal4life

HSC
I got one for Actuarial Studies but not Finance. Can't wait to see how it goes.

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
Ive played representative cricket, school cricket, school soccer & tennis. I did sport coaching as community service (about 20 hours but in year 10) probably not that great though, captained the cricket team in year 10. Did legacy day
Maybe ill do a double degree to finance/actuarial
can you do triple major i really want to do finance, accounting & actuary (accounting should be required its like the fundamentals of finance IMO)
yeh you can triple major

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
It must just be how well you can sell yourself. I got Actuarial but honestly had a fairly skint academic and extracurricular resume. Had HDs in economics and maths comps with fairly good school rankings (nothing amazing, but fairly all round) and a reasonable sport representation with a bit of gardening and environmental stuff and a chunk on refereeing and coaching junior soccer attatched.

Either way, my academic record doesn't really stand up to Tyler or Laura at all. Surely you'll be a shoo in for more academically based scholarships though.

michaeljennings

HSC
It must just be how well you can sell yourself. I got Actuarial but honestly had a fairly skint academic and extracurricular resume. Had HDs in economics and maths comps with fairly good school rankings (nothing amazing, but fairly all round) and a reasonable sport representation with a bit of gardening and environmental stuff and a chunk on refereeing and coaching junior soccer attatched.

Either way, my academic record doesn't really stand up to Tyler or Laura at all. Surely you'll be a shoo in for more academically based scholarships though.
hahah nice Ive coached junior soccer as well LOL and i used to do refereeing as well

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Well Melbourne apparently has better education and facilities, but UNSW will pay you lol and you will get industry training. I would base the decision on where you live actually
Haha, even though I haven't been to UNSW, I think UMelb is pretty solid (Not just cause I go there lol!) but yeah industry training is invaluable.
:)

laura_a

HSC
Lol thanks guys.

Worked over a month on this application, and built up my extra-curriculars and service, to a decent standard because I knew that unis love that stuff (so it wasn't all academics). It just sucks majorly because I've wanted this for ages. But to hear that other better-qualified students were in the same predicament, kind of makes me feel a little better. Misery loves company.

Definitely not putting UNSW down as my first choice now.

failwhale

HSC
i applied for civil and mining and i didn't get in, ahwell, i thought my application was decent enough. i did heaps of extra curricular stuff and i was getting good marks.

life is life, does anybody know who got into engineering?

j808

HSC
i got one for civil engineering yiewwww

Tennisaddict

HSC
I got ones for Accounting and Finance, which i totally was not expecting :/

Reading some of the resumes of the people who didn't get one, i feel really really lucky...
I might not even make the ATAR cut off necessary.

It's really weird, like i haven't done anything majorly charitable and i dont have a ton of work experience and virtually no leadership stuff, and my photo was ugly, my academic stuff is solid but not really impressive, sorry to everyone who missed out :(

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I got ones for Accounting and Finance, which i totally was not expecting :/

Reading some of the resumes of the people who didn't get one, i feel really really lucky...
I might not even make the ATAR cut off necessary.

It's really weird, like i haven't done anything majorly charitable and i dont have a ton of work experience and virtually no leadership stuff, and my photo was ugly, my academic stuff is solid but not really impressive, sorry to everyone who missed out :(
one of the rules of the co-op scholarship is that you have to make the cutoff for your course.

tambam

HSC
Definitely not putting UNSW down as my first choice now.
Not meaning to be harsh or anything, cos I get why you'd be upset, but isn't that a bit petty?
After all, unsw is one of the best unis, and you still have a chance to improve (maybe it came down to how well you expressed yourself) and apply again next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)