co-op (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
With co-op, if you get accepted into, say, marketing, as your another major, can you do any other major or are you restricted to choosing the major that your sponsor wants you to choose?

Last edited:

pearling

HSC
N/A
If timetable allows and you're capable of it I think you can double major?

pearling

HSC
N/A
This just reminded me that I've to get onto scholarsip apps after trials so thanks lyounamu for the timely post :)

From the webste it says: "UNSW Co-op Program Scholarships are available for single degrees only. However, Co-op Programs do allow students the opportunity to combine a major in the chosen field of study with a major or minor in a broad range of other disciplines." I think its something you'd have to negotiate with when you get to interview stage.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i think he just means he doesn't understand exactly what you're asking....

hmm yeah i'm looking at co-op as well....annoying how you can't do double degrees....

so anyone know how restricted you are in terms of your degree by your sponsor?
Ah okay, that's fair enough. My post did sound poorly worded (I cannot think when it is too dark).

Ye I wanted to know exactly that.

HSC
N/A
why the fuck do you want to do marketing?

imo, marketing should be put into the arts faculty. and so should economics.

from thinking about actuarial studies, to thinking about marketing...

dude, get ambitious, make goals and chase them fucking down.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
why the fuck do you want to do marketing?

imo, marketing should be put into the arts faculty. and so should economics.

from thinking about actuarial studies, to thinking about marketing...

dude, get ambitious, make goals and chase them fucking down.
lol?

Marketing sounds quite interesting...>.<

But back to my original question...

Let's say I did BIT Co-op...can I become an actuary if I completed actuarial degree along with BIT as my 2 majors?

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
you dont have a pussy, hence you dont belong in marketing or human resources or any other fag industry

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
With co-op, if you get accepted into, say, marketing, as your another major, can you do any other major or are you restricted to choosing the major that your sponsor wants you to choose?
As long as you are doing a B.Commerce or B.Accounting, companies offering Co-Op Programs (ie. UTS/UNSW) don't care about what majors you choose for your degree.

Nor should they. They'll want you to have the required Accounting knowledge, but outside of that it's totally up to you.

Ultimately, if you're undertaking a Co-Op, you need to have a real interest in Accounting before you start both work and study.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
As long as you are doing a B.Commerce or B.Accounting, companies offering Co-Op Programs (ie. UTS/UNSW) don't care about what majors you choose for your degree.

Nor should they. They'll want you to have the required Accounting knowledge, but outside of that it's totally up to you.

Ultimately, if you're undertaking a Co-Op, you need to have a real interest in Accounting before you start both work and study.
So you are saying that you are not restricted to the major that your sponsor is giving money for?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
So you are saying that you are not restricted to the major that your sponsor is giving money for?
I am saying that using logic, no, you wouldn't be. If you are doing a B.Commerce or B.Accounting which are required to be done during the Co-Op, these degrees already have the required Accounting subjects structured into a single Accounting Major.

You obviously need to be taking Accounting as a major, although this should be obvious to all applying for the Co-Op given the company's are Accounting firms. As long as during your studies you're attaining the required subjects for CA/CPA accreditation when you grad , why do you think there would be further restrictions?

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
What are the closing dates for co-op Namu? I think I might apply just to keep my options open :).

milton

HSC
THe number of co-op positions is directly dependent on the number of sponsors who join in that year. With the GFC and all, it's reduced quite a bit, with some fields much less than others, but the total number of scholarships (comm + engineering combined) is over 100.

If you've received an interview, you'll find out exactly who the sponsors are on the briefing day.

With most co-op courses, although you can do 2 degrees, you have to do 2 majors (except for finance, whre you cant fit in another major)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
THe number of co-op positions is directly dependent on the number of sponsors who join in that year. With the GFC and all, it's reduced quite a bit, with some fields much less than others, but the total number of scholarships (comm + engineering combined) is over 100.

If you've received an interview, you'll find out exactly who the sponsors are on the briefing day.

With most co-op courses, although you can do 2 degrees, you have to do 2 majors (except for finance, whre you cant fit in another major)
What's your co-op milton?

Do you reckon doing cosmo is a plus for the coop application?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)